Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Dyno Videos Zpi Stage 1 10 PSI

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 01:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by itzjere
oh your TURBO'd.. haha.. I thought you were stock. So you have a turbo'd tC but a turbo n00b? hehe
omg your funny.. were in the tc forced induction , the title is Dyno Videos Zpi Stage 1 10 PSI and you thought i was NA? gave me a chuckle

but yes, im a turbo noob.. kinda of. i bought the kit, bolted it on. spent the next day reading about how turbos worked lol.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^

Looks like hardcore N/A to me...
Old 06-01-2006, 01:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Hehe, I was pretty sure I was in FI, but I just realised you were threadstarter.. I thought you were just asking questions.. my bad.. i blame work.. haha

So did you install the kit yourself? Pretty impressive if you did for a turbo n00b. Lol @ buying a turbo and installing it before really knowing anything about it.. haha
Old 06-01-2006, 01:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hehe, I was pretty sure I was in FI, but I just realised you were threadstarter.. I thought you were just asking questions.. my bad.. i blame work.. haha

So did you install the kit yourself? Pretty impressive if you did for a turbo n00b. Lol @ buying a turbo and installing it before really knowing anything about it.. haha
you can train a monkey to turn a wrench, thats all i gotta say about that . im good at bolt turning, and the kit was direct bolt on. the pieces pretty much just went together, wasnt a huge issue. plus the kit had been reworked a little before i got it, so the fmic bolted right up easily. and i work with electronics so the wiring wasnt an issue, besides i put one in the wrong spot, was getting dark. my only complaint was that the rc injectors had to be spliced into the fuel rail, they didnt have adaptor clips, i didnt like cutting out the factory injector harnass, but its all good, i can splice back the stock ones. the only other issue i ran into was with the maf, the pipe i had didnt have the screws to hold the maf down, so i used the stock screws and they didnt hold it right, so the maf was cocked a little uneven so it was erroring the emanage.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by zer0
^^

Looks like hardcore N/A to me...
thats not really a turbo, its a really good imposter. theres actually no turbine inside it, and i only paid 300 for the setup. looks cool doesnt it? lol
Old 06-01-2006, 01:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Very clean install. Not a huge fan of how the header is setup. How long did it take you to bolt it all up? Sucks how your MAF doesn't line up. Did you contact ZPI for replacement bolts? I know what you mean by splicing the clips. I'm not a big fan of it either, but when I boost my car (end of summer), I'll be in the same position unless I buy modified Honda injectors which can use stock clips, but won't be as high CC as RC's are. I'll see what prices are and available when summer is out. That's what my summer earnings are going to! How do you like eManage? I personally hate it.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Very clean install. Not a huge fan of how the header is setup. How long did it take you to bolt it all up? Sucks how your MAF doesn't line up. Did you contact ZPI for replacement bolts? I know what you mean by splicing the clips. I'm not a big fan of it either, but when I boost my car (end of summer), I'll be in the same position unless I buy modified Honda injectors which can use stock clips, but won't be as high CC as RC's are. I'll see what prices are and available when summer is out. That's what my summer earnings are going to! How do you like eManage? I personally hate it.
yeah i have a couple other threads, one with my trip to zpi and another with my install. the kit i have was zens old kit, so he didnt include the screws, but zpi also changed out the intake pipe. if you look at my old thread the maf is ontop of the pipe, on this photo its below, that was one of the things zpi hooked me up with, even though they didnt have to. im not a big fan of the header, but i prefer it over the other kits. i dont burn anything in my car, though it gets hot. local guy with the turbonetics kit burned his hood liner, i dont run into those problems. i dont mind the rc injectors, just for someone who doesnt know crap about wiring would be in trouble. i cant really comment on emanage since im new at turbo tuning. i do like the fact that i can easily plug my laptop into it and play with setting. and i know how to get into menus so on so forth, so i cant really complain about it. it does what its suppose to do.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah i have a couple other threads, one with my trip to zpi and another with my install. the kit i have was zens old kit, so he didnt include the screws, but zpi also changed out the intake pipe. if you look at my old thread the maf is ontop of the pipe, on this photo its below, that was one of the things zpi hooked me up with, even though they didnt have to. im not a big fan of the header, but i prefer it over the other kits. i dont burn anything in my car, though it gets hot. local guy with the turbonetics kit burned his hood liner, i dont run into those problems. i dont mind the rc injectors, just for someone who doesnt know crap about wiring would be in trouble. i cant really comment on emanage since im new at turbo tuning. i do like the fact that i can easily plug my laptop into it and play with setting. and i know how to get into menus so on so forth, so i cant really complain about it. it does what its suppose to do.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Sorry, I don't follow the tC FI section.. let alone this forum that much anymore (someone PM'd me for my input since I drove a TypeS), could you maybe point me to where I could learn more about ZPI powered?

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
It all comes down to how the HP/TQ curves are setup to maximize power. It's all in the tune.

Hence the reason we are ZPI Powered.

Just a little info for you:

The fastest tC's on the streets are powered by ZPI kits.

ZPI is the ONLY company that have street-driven-near-11sec 1/4 mile tC's...
Old 06-01-2006, 01:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Good to know that the ZPI kit doesn't burn head liners because that could lead to bigger problems!

I don't mind wiring clips either, but I'd like to have a cleaner hookup like the stock clips if possible. What CC injectors are you running for 10psi and what duty cycle are you at?

eManage is an alrite system. Like you said, you can hook up your laptop and tinker with the tables. I'm not sure how familiar you are with Honda tuning, but there is a company called Hondata (www.hondata.com) and they will modify your stock ECU to be fully programmable with an add-on board. On your laptop, you can tinker with the tables like eManage and more such as run datalogs and more detail ignition advance, retarding, timing, vtec engagement, nitrous window, cam angling, air/fuel management and a whole bunch of other stuff I've never looked into. This board has a USB port to hook up your laptop, and basically runs like a stand-alone ECU system, with the benefits of still managing your car accessories such as AC. Kinda the best of both worlds.
Old 06-01-2006, 02:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Good to know that the ZPI kit doesn't burn head liners because that could lead to bigger problems!

I don't mind wiring clips either, but I'd like to have a cleaner hookup like the stock clips if possible. What CC injectors are you running for 10psi and what duty cycle are you at?

eManage is an alrite system. Like you said, you can hook up your laptop and tinker with the tables. I'm not sure how familiar you are with Honda tuning, but there is a company called Hondata (www.hondata.com) and they will modify your stock ECU to be fully programmable with an add-on board. On your laptop, you can tinker with the tables like eManage and more such as run datalogs and more detail ignition advance, retarding, timing, vtec engagement, nitrous window, cam angling, air/fuel management and a whole bunch of other stuff I've never looked into. This board has a USB port to hook up your laptop, and basically runs like a stand-alone ECU system, with the benefits of still managing your car accessories such as AC. Kinda the best of both worlds.
im running 550 injectors, as far as duty cycle your speaking greek to me. what ever the ones that are included with the stage 1 kit. as far as hondata, yes ive heard of it, and ive heard it has alot of functions. but in my opinion (correct me if im wrong ) the tcs computer is much more advanced then a hondas and since the code for the computer has not been broken this is limiting our ecus.. i might be talking out of my butt but from what i know thats the case. anyone want to input on this and let me know if im wrong? i know emanage can do timing, a/f maps, boost sensing and i think control, maybe nos but im not sure. anyone wanna add to the detail i dont know about that also?
Old 06-01-2006, 02:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Duty cycle is the percentage in which the injectors are working at. An injector at 70% duty cycle means it's working at 70% of it's full potential. You never want to have a duty cycle on injectors over 85%, depending on the car, because you don't want to overwork your components.

As for the tC's ECU, you are correct. The ECU is considered a "smart" ecu and learns and adjusts to your driving style. So previous attempts to chip the ECUs, for the xA/xB at least, failed because the ECU would re-learn itself, adjust to the added air/fuel because of the chip and HP would go back down for fuel econ. This could be similar to the tC as well as it's encryption which would explain why even though Echo's have the same motor as xA/xB, they can be tuned better solely because of the ECU and it's lesser encryption.

Don't have any experience with eManage myself, just the hundreds of threads I've read on it on ClubRSX
Old 06-01-2006, 03:54 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Is there a big difference having the car dynoed in 3rd gear vs. 4th gear? Im not sure on this one lol...

-Dan
Old 06-01-2006, 11:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Yes, there is a difference. Might not be huge, but on paper you can see the difference. It varies between every car, but it's about gear ratios
Old 06-01-2006, 12:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Our cars are suppose to be dynoed in 4th gear, but lately I have been seeing a lot of people post dyno runs in 3rd...why? Don't know, that's just what they have been doing.

And yes the ZPI stage 1 comes with 550cc injectors. And I'm sure @ 10 PSI, the duty cycle is not even close to being maxed. I don't know what the duty cycle is, but I'm pretty sure ZPI have ran as much as 14 PSI on the same injectors.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by pollup
Do you know what year/body style your buddy's Camero is? The weight varies a lot depending on year. You're right however that tC is around 2900. Maybe your buddy is a bad driver?
just called him, hes got a 2002 SS. his weight is right around mine, i asked him. his driving wasnt an issue, he has an automatic. on nos he runs high 11's with a 125 shot. he didnt hit nos on our run though. he would of left me on nos.
I could only wish that a stock 02 Fbody only weighed 3100lbs. They are MUCH closer to 3600 with some gas and a driver. My 2002 TA weighs in around 3400 with a half tank of gas and no one inside of it. I think he might be getting his weights confused with that of a corvette somehow. Although, the c5's are 3200 and the c5 ZO6 is right above 3000 flat.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Impressive. How much PSI can a tC do for daily driving on a stock motor? I think daily I'm gonna boost 7, and maybe go 9 when I'm at the track or feel like treating myself after a long day at work
Old 06-01-2006, 01:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Impressive. How much PSI can a tC do for daily driving on a stock motor? I think daily I'm gonna boost 7, and maybe go 9 when I'm at the track or feel like treating myself after a long day at work
Not much difference between both, no noticable gains on the track.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

I agree there won't be much difference on the track, but it will be less stress on my internals which is what really matters to me.
Old 06-01-2006, 02:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

We are boosting 8/9 daily, MikeScion is boosting 11 daily, others 10.5, 10.. and on down from there. ZPI has run as much as 14 on stock internals to see what the breaking point would be. When the tC starts hovering around 350-400whp, then you need to be serious about getting some turbo pistons and other goodies to help the motor last.

Quick Reply: Dyno Videos Zpi Stage 1 10 PSI