Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

ebay full turbo kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 03:00 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

To those that say it might be ok. Check this out. Notice the impellers on the turbo lol
Ok this is to fore warn anyone out there that has been looking on ebay at those "WOW LOOK COMPLETE 04 05 06 07 08 COMPLETE SCION TC TURBO KIT" First DONT BUY or THINK ABOUT BUYING THAT!!!!!! You will honestly dump as much or more money into making it work than a Turbonetics, Greddy, Dezod, or Treadstone Kit. I have learned this the really hard way im in the hole now about twice the price of a treadstone kit which is what I will be ordering on monday. First thing most of these kits come with "Universal Intercooler piping" wow thats a damn joke! You end up needing 2 of those universal bull____ pipe kits theres not enough 90 degree bends and too many 45 degree bends. Second if you so happen to receive a manifold and downpipe they will not fit! The dumptube on the downpipe does not match up to the wastegate. The downpipe flange also does not match up with the discharge side of the Turbo. Third the Oil Feed line is wayyyyy to long you need about 12 inches not 3 feet. Fourth there is no Oil Return line and Oil Return Line Flange to bolt up to the turbo. 5th there is the kit may require you to weld a Blow Off Valve Flange to the Intercooler piping, thats fine if there piping wasn't cheap and made poorly, I attemped to weld a flange and it melted the pipe and not the flange haha. 6th the Turbo wow this is a joke for a turbo, The compresser housing is made cheaply and will crack really soon. The discharge side yeah that turbine wheel will crack and splinter really quick i have pics of that below. In the end the whole damn kit is a waste of the $1,200.00 or whatever they are asking and they charge way too much for shipping. I ended up ordering a oil feed and return kit from Dezod, Manifold and Downpipe from Megan Racing and a Blow Off valve adapter pipe. And still didnt fit and match up so avoid these two websites. Ebay and www.advancedjdmparts.com. The second website that company should be shut down for selling junk parts and charging way too much! I had a buddy buy a set of Tein S Tech Lowering Springs for his car and he paid the Price he would for Real Springs but the ones he bought ended up being Counterfeit!!!!! So if your going to do mods to your car buy from a reputable and well known company and not some ____ site just because the price is good. I hope this helps and warns people out there!

Old 02-18-2008, 07:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow thanks for feed back i was actually never going to buy this for my tc, they make a bunch of kits like this one for the dsm world i have a 92 talon awd and was thinkin of buyin one for that, i posted this to see what you guys would think cause you guys have always gave me reliable feedback on my issues anyways thanks for the info everyone i greatly appricate it
Old 02-18-2008, 09:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
Scikotics
SL Member

Hay did you notice the turbo timer is a fake ... They got in some problem selling these turbo timers...
Old 02-18-2008, 10:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Originally Posted by scion07
wow thanks for feed back i was actually never going to buy this for my tc, they make a bunch of kits like this one for the dsm world i have a 92 talon awd and was thinkin of buyin one for that, i posted this to see what you guys would think cause you guys have always gave me reliable feedback on my issues anyways thanks for the info everyone i greatly appricate it

yeah man do yourself a favor and stay away from these ebay kits.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

ok so out of curiousity i went and sent message to a person who bought this same kit and left feedback. heres how the convo went

ME: so how did the kit turn out? was it good quality
HIM: oh yea the kit is great quality and runs great with no problems. btw im selling it if your interested
ME:oh really for how much and how long as it been on your car
HIM: im selling it for $1100 with an emanage
ME: yea but how long has it been on the car for
HIM: well i never really got to installing it but it looks like good stuff
ME: oh so you dont know how it performs?
HIM: yea it works great wanna buy it?

at this point im laughing

i just didnt write back oviously it wasn't a good kit and when he sent me a email through yahoo and not ebay his name came out as "Mike Jones" lmao

just wanted to share this i got laughs out of it
Old 02-20-2008, 03:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Seriously, we get these threads about eBay once a week at minimum. eBay is JUNK. BUT, you CAN get individual parts at a good deal and can be legit, but there are so many knockoffs such as fake Tial Wastegates, etc. I would never trust eBay. There are others who do it without any problems, but I wouldn't even consider it. Think about this.

$1000 for a turbo kit = Blown motor = AT LEAST $5,000 or so just to get a new motor AND to get a new (LEGIT) turbo kit ($6,000 with gauges, etc). You're better off buy a new or used turbo kit HERE, make sure you look at the parts very carefully. Hope this helps.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

y0 scion07,

i can honestly say dont go with this kit,

this is coming from a guy who is running a basic ebay turbo kit,

the company that makes these kits ... i know all of them .. in fact i buy from them regularly.

dont go with this kit, i have a kit i bought for 1500 not on ebay but from the shop directly, first off, the intercooler they are giving you, is WAY TOO BIG, i know that because i have a huge godspeed intercooler and it didnt fit and i had to take it back and they gave me a smaller godspeed type m intercooler.

the oil in that kit is really ____ty, as was mine too ..

while the kit may cost only 850 .. your gonna spend about an extra 1,000 to 1,300 like me in additional parts or replacing parts that were too ____ty inside the kit.

once you get it all working though, i think you'll be fine but you will have quite a journey getting it to run on your car, i have with mine..

my kit is finally running and im getting the same numbers as turbo toyota's kit and i paid only 2G's total for everything including fuel management and engine management..

but i recommend going with the kit from fatboy garage .

if you want there nu,mber or need help getting a kit from them i can help you out and i can send you the parts to replace the ____ty parts that come in the kit ..

im boosting about 7 psi right now and my numbers are about 265WHP / 270TQ

ill have the official printout tomorrow after i get RETUNED cause im running lean right now ...

but i can hook u up dood. shoot me a PM
Old 02-21-2008, 06:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow, look at that turbo..
Old 02-21-2008, 06:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member