Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

ecko04 - Bye-Bye tC - Trading in soon

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 07:07 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by On3Sh0tBlaz3
^^ not so sure about that statement lol, toan breaks out the tissues for a reason

I know this is kinda low compared to the other guesses but I'm going to guess 8psi 240whp or 10psi 260whp, whatever the results even if the numbers read low, just keep in mind numbers are all relative and you are coming out of this definitely 100% better than when you went in, I'm sure you will feel the difference regardless!

hey hey I believe I deserve that award for guessing correctly... although I have to say this was based on experience as I am a customer of PTuning's as well.

Congrats man and enjoy it, PTuning is awesome aren't they?!
Old 08-23-2009, 11:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Default Problem

Now i'm something kind of ____ed.

I'm stuck in Charlotte, NC.

My car won't start and when it does it stalls and dies.

My FIC harness broke 2 wires, both wires of pin 8 and 19 (Crnk1 + / -)

I could easily replace them if I were at home since I have the harness that came with the FIC there but where I am I cannot.

The wire itself is not broke, it is the pin that goes into the harness that plugs into the FIC where the wire came out of their respective pins.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn. ummmm. not sure what to tell you. lol i never thought of that happening so dont have a plan for that. Maybe an electrician could fix it for you idk...sorry man
Old 08-24-2009, 12:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

any update man! GL
Old 08-24-2009, 01:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dude I hope it's working out for ya. I haven't been on here a while, but I'm hoping to hear everything is going all right.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Nope, I had the car towed to my GF's apartment here in Charlotte. I can't leave...i've tried everything to ix it myself.

I tried to just strip wire back and use electrical tape to hold it in place, just temporarily until I got back home, didn't work.

I tried going to Best Buy, buying a harness for a radio, pulling a pin out and putting it in the FIC harness....the radio harnesses pins are too large for the FIC.

AAA won't tow me from Charlotte to Atlanta, the distance is greater than 100 miles.

I can't direct solder, if I did that the rest of the harness would have to be directly soldered as well and if a solder joint comes loose while i'm driving i'm on the side of the road again or even worse it touches another solder joint and fries the FIC.

I have 2 doctors appointments in Atlanta tomorrow, class and a job interview in Auburn on Tuesday.

I can order a new harness from Dezod or Boomslang for overnight delivery; I will still miss everything on Monday and Tuesday and maybe make it back to Auburn by Tuesday night if either of them can ship out the cable tomorrow.

FML!
Old 08-24-2009, 03:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Man there has to be a performance place around you somwhere its a big city. Now you say that the pin broke or did it slide out?
Old 08-24-2009, 04:58 AM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

id say solder and wrap it up with electrical tape or better yet some shrink tube. if you need to just solder a piece of wire to extend them. if all els just wire nut em...lol
Old 08-24-2009, 05:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

Man that really sucks...To be on such a high and happy note and then to have something like this happen...You will get it fixed, hopefully in time for all of your appts
Old 08-24-2009, 05:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Like I said if all else fails your in a good city to find someone with the know how or maybe even another harness. Let me know how it pans out
Old 08-24-2009, 11:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Just out of curiosity. You drove the car out of the shop. So, what prompted you to mess with something and now you have this problem with the pins. Were you trying to change harnesses or something? I'm confused.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:49 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

something could have happend when they were swapping fic out at the shop.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Crush Automotive Customs
something could have happend when they were swapping fic out at the shop.

Then I would have expected him to not get off the shops lot and it still be there. Bad circuit/connections are not something that just wears out over time on a stationary non-moving device. A bad connection like he is describing would show up immediately I would believe. Not like a fuse that could go out over. His problem from what I gather is a connection issue. Why would the pin slip out or whatever by itself? Don't think simple driving (assuming the FIC is in the glove box), is going to cause a pin to become dislodged.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

This was a new product so this isn't the case but I have seen connectors get moisture in them and have seen pins corrode and loose connnection.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:34 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Then I would have expected him to not get off the shops lot and it still be there. Bad circuit/connections are not something that just wears out over time on a stationary non-moving device. A bad connection like he is describing would show up immediately I would believe. Not like a fuse that could go out over. His problem from what I gather is a connection issue. Why would the pin slip out or whatever by itself? Don't think simple driving (assuming the FIC is in the glove box), is going to cause a pin to become dislodged.
i see this stuff on the daily bro...im an electrictian...you wouldnt beleave the crap iv seen and dealt with...and im not talking about 120-480 volt circuit but also 6-12volt dc circuits as well. but then again he was talking about that they had to swap out the fic for another so i would think they had looked at the harness as well. through all that its fairly easy that a pin on a connector could become dislodged but still make contact just long enough to get down the road a bit.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:36 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Originally Posted by BlackKnight
This was a new product so this isn't the case but I have seen connectors get moisture in them and have seen pins corrode and loose connnection.
lack of a good connection can cause corrosion much much quicker...could take a month could take a day...iv seen quit a bit
Old 08-24-2009, 03:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

i see this stuff on the daily bro...im an electrictian...you wouldnt beleave the crap iv seen and dealt with...and im not talking about 120-480 volt circuit but also 6-12volt dc circuits as well. but then again he was talking about that they had to swap out the fic for another so i would think they had looked at the harness as well. through all that its fairly easy that a pin on a connector could become dislodged but still make contact just long enough to get down the road a bit.

Why do you think I "asked" him? Electrician, so...what does that have to do with anything. You have no more information on this than anyone else does. Only difference between you and me is I guessed something was tampered with after leaving, and you guessed it could have happened at the shop. Which like I said, figured it would occur immediately and not later. Down the road a bit? If he was that close I would have just called PTuning back and have them give me a lift back to the shop for diagnosis or harness swap.
Old 08-24-2009, 04:06 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

ummm it has everything to do with it...Trav dont get mad...lol

im just saying the last he said is that they swapped out the fic...im just going off of what i last read...was there something i missed?
Old 08-24-2009, 04:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

ummm it has everything to do with it...Trav dont get mad...lol

im just saying the last he said is that they swapped out the fic...im just going off of what i last read...was there something i missed?

Mad...lol. No one on here has ever seen heard me get mad. I was just going off the last thing he said, which was he picked the car up and drove off. That was just my common sense talking that if you could start it, drive it off, then I don't see why it wouldn't start and drive off any other start after unless something was tampered with.
Old 08-24-2009, 04:36 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

thats were my exp comes in...like iv said before iv seen this kind of thing before...fact of the matter is it could be anything...vibrations, tampering, corrosion, install error, ect...the list goes on.

iv seen things have contact one second and without anyone touching it looses power...too many factors to really list...so as far as i know the last time the fic and harness was touched was at P-tuning...in no way am im blameing your boys trave, things happen and quit often couldnt have been forseen. in other words poop happens...lol

Quick Reply: ecko04 - Bye-Bye tC - Trading in soon