Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

ecko04 - Bye-Bye tC - Trading in soon

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 04:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Just out of curiosity. You drove the car out of the shop. So, what prompted you to mess with something and now you have this problem with the pins. Were you trying to change harnesses or something? I'm confused.

My particular Boomslang harness for the FIC has very frail and fragile pin connections, especially those on the end. The harness itself is not taped so if the harness gets pulled the entire thing gets pulled instead of single wires being pulled. The lead holding the wire breaking can come from any number of things especially opening the glove box that puts strain on the harness and its connections.

The shop did not do this; I contacted Boomslang and they offered to fix the harness if I can be without it for a few days.

The car had difficulty cranking not due to the tune or anything mechanical but due to either the harness or the FIC. Toan tried a new FIC and harness and it fired up each and every time so it is either the harness or FIC.

When the car wouldn't crank after I got to Charlotte, I dropped the glove box to find the 2 wires that had been disconnected from their leads. So the intermittent connection could have been the reason for the starting issues all along but now that they're broken there isn't a starting issue simply because it won't start now.

Nothing was tampered with; it has more to do with me knowing the problems with my car. If I knew the tune and everything were alright, plugged the stock ECU back up and the car fired right up there was only 2 other options, the harness or the FIC is taking longer than it should to transfer the crank signal.

I have another FIC on the way and as far as the harness I did a temporary fix to get me from Charlotte back to Atlanta.
Old 08-24-2009, 04:47 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

so your on your way home here shortly? or are you home?
Old 08-24-2009, 04:51 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

so all this time of tuning you and trying like hell to get that idle right....wow...oh well ish happens as iv said before...lol

did you get that package?
Old 08-24-2009, 05:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by Crush Automotive Customs
so all this time of tuning you and trying like hell to get that idle right....wow...oh well ish happens as iv said before...lol

did you get that package?
Yep, I got the package, i'm in Atlanta right now. I missed the 1st doc appointment that is rescheduled for Friday but I have another to go to at 2pm. At least i'll make it to that one and my interview tomorrow.

The starting issue is still there will the harness fix but at least I can drive for now until I get the new FIC.
Old 08-24-2009, 06:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

thats were my exp comes in...like iv said before iv seen this kind of thing before...fact of the matter is it could be anything...vibrations, tampering, corrosion, install error, ect...the list goes on.

iv seen things have contact one second and without anyone touching it looses power...too many factors to really list...so as far as i know the last time the fic and harness was touched was at P-tuning...in no way am im blameing your boys trave, things happen and quit often couldnt have been forseen. in other words poop happens...lol

LOL bro....your comment is no different than mine. You don't know who was the last person to touch it. So it's all speculation until he chimes in. Hence the reason "experience" has nothing to do with this. Only difference between your comment and mine is who was the last person to touch it. Again knowing Ptunings rep for customer service and taking care of their customer.... Had it been my ride and knowing that I had not done anything since leaving the shop (using you reasoning), I would have made my first call back to Ptuning and arranged for a pick up to tow back to the shop were they would fix it.

Edit: since it's been answered this is all a moot point now...LOL. But you get what I mean. It turns out it was a preconditioned problem.

Last edited by rhythmnsmoke; 08-24-2009 at 06:07 PM.
Old 08-24-2009, 06:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

So it's just the way it's routed in your glove box as to why it's frail? Is it just wear and tear from a prior owner?
Old 08-24-2009, 07:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
So it's just the way it's routed in your glove box as to why it's frail? Is it just wear and tear from a prior owner?
Well Toan said no matter how it was put behind the glove box if you use the glove box at all each time pins will wiggle and eventually come out but I believe 95% of the issue was wear and tear from the prior owner.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

I used to leave my glovebox open because when I closed it, I could feel it push against the harness. I managed to finally find a position so it would stop doing that...
Old 08-24-2009, 08:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Wow must be an FIC thing LOL...j/k. With my PnP for the Ultimate, it is so long I don't ever see or sense the wires being tugged on from opening the glove box.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

The F/iC harness is massive and short, so it's hard to plug it in and wrap it back somewhere. My F/IC is mounted to the side of my ECU and the harness is basically bulging forward toward the glovebox.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:15 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
I used to leave my glovebox open because when I closed it, I could feel it push against the harness. I managed to finally find a position so it would stop doing that...
same here
Old 08-24-2009, 10:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Interesting. The Ultimates Boomslang is massive but it will probably stretch to one side of the car to the other...lol.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Any links to anyone selling the 07+ F/IC harness for less than Dezod ($310) and Boomslang ($280)?
Old 08-25-2009, 01:44 AM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

I have a spare one laying around...i had planed to use it though...idk if that will ever happen with the way things are going now.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

I have a spare one laying around...i had planed to use it though...idk if that will ever happen with the way things are going now.
Yours is for an 06 though isn't it? I need the 07+. If you have the 07+ and wouldn't mind parting ways with it for a few weeks until I send mine to Boomslang and it is repaired I will send it right back.
Old 08-25-2009, 02:41 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

no its for an 07 up

i could deff do that for ya
Old 08-25-2009, 02:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

no its for an 07 up

i could deff do that for ya
Hell yeah bro!!

Thanks so much!!! You just saved me $300+ that I can now use to buy more stuff from you
Old 08-25-2009, 04:10 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Originally Posted by ecko04
Hell yeah bro!!

Thanks so much!!! You just saved me $300+ that I can now use to buy more stuff from you
lol
Old 08-25-2009, 04:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

lol
Your inbox is full

Check your email
Old 08-25-2009, 08:00 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Originally Posted by ecko04
Your inbox is full

Check your email
dude it sucks only being able to have 50msg in your box....thats 50 for sent and recieved msg combined...crappy crappy crappy...

Quick Reply: ecko04 - Bye-Bye tC - Trading in soon