Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

emanage wired, whats the deal?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 02:30 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default emanage wired, whats the deal?

i finally got my bluebox, and want to hardwire it, i didnt get a pnp harness. i can take pictures of the wires for easier reference, but wanted to get this out so heads could post directions, DIY, etc. would anyone suggest not wiring it till i am about to get tuned, or does it not matter? id rather not have the shop wire and tune it, as im trying to keep everything [that is in my control] done by me. thanks for the help ya'll.
Old 05-26-2006, 09:49 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

another newbie feat by me: i wired it myself with some help from charles at turbocustomz. after sorting through the craziness that is wire codes, pin outs, and diagrams, it really isnt too hard. i soldered all the connections (ground, power, rpm signal, and airflow input/output) because i dont plan on taking it out, as well as didnt want to chance any connections coming loose. first three dials are set to 4, 2, 2, and the rest zeros.

ive driven it on two trips, turning on and off the ignition, for a total of 26 miles, and still no CEL. in addtion, the stalling has not occurred since the install of the emanage, and it has not been tuned yet. can someone explain whats going on? i expect to see it soon, before i get it tuned.

big props to charles from turbocustomz, good looking out. this dude is good peoples.
Old 05-27-2006, 05:01 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

well today was the first day i wanted to give my car a push with my newly wired emanage. it has not been tuned, but when i try to go WOT, it bucks as if not enough of something (either air or fule) is reaching the system. i cant get it passed 3k WOT without knocking, but can only achieve that if i take it easy and climb its way up there. anyone have an answer to this? im assuming that it just needs to be tuned, but i set all the dials to zero, it should act as if nothing has changed in the ECU. thanks for the help.
Old 05-27-2006, 06:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i am interested on the outcome, good luck, i want emanage when i get my stage zero.
Old 05-27-2006, 06:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So are you flooring it in a boosted car without tuning anything? That's the problem right there if that's the case
Old 05-27-2006, 06:31 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Joe_Dezod
So are you flooring it in a boosted car without tuning anything? That's the problem right there if that's the case
Yes, from my understanding he is going WFO w/o it being tuned..

Good luck, get that thing tuned and lets see some pictures!! :D :D
Old 05-27-2006, 06:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats what im going thru right now...your ecu is going bonkers cause it knows it needs to do something but cant..its like trying to put the cirlce in the square when you were in school it almost fits but just doesnt. it just needs to be tuned and you will be fine.
Old 05-27-2006, 07:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you're flooring it without a tune you're asking for a blown motor. That thing will run extremely lean under those conditions (providing you actually set the injector correction feature correctly).
Old 05-27-2006, 08:08 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

ok cool, ive got some information now. see the thing was, i had wired it, and only had driven it cautiously. things were great, no CEL, no stalling. so today i thought, well if its all good, what kind of power is it unleashing. when under full throttle, it bogged as i described. trust me, it was a one time run, and i knew that something had to be corrected. ima try to get it tuned asap. thanks dezod for the cautionary words, i will keep it light.
Old 05-28-2006, 09:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Watching thread very closely.

Unseen do you have a A/F gauge so you can see what's happening with the mixture when you floor it? You got turbo and no cel... What did you end up using to fool the ecu?
Old 05-28-2006, 09:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dude dont blow your motor.. do you have upgraded injectors? curious how your not stalling with upgraded injectors. my car ran like a bag of ___ when i put the injectors, was a rough ride lol
Old 05-29-2006, 06:05 AM
5 Year Member

SL Member

ok heres the deal. i wired the emange, and have not tuned it. after wiring it in, the CEL was gone. my wideband is not hooked up yet, so i dont know what the ratio is as of now. i dont have upgraded injectors. im hoping what dezod and some others are right in that it needs to be properly tuned. i havent driven since, but have started it to make sure its still running, etc. im trying to get an appointment asap to get it tuned.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:56 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

CEL popped up again and i checked the code. back to my "stuck rich" code, p0172. so does this mean the ECU has figured out something was "masking" the maps, and has reverted back to a normal state? i dont think the emanage could have been disconnencted, as i soldered the wires together. and if it did come undone, the car probably wouldnt be running, right?
Old 05-30-2006, 07:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by unseen
CEL popped up again and i checked the code. back to my "stuck rich" code, p0172. so does this mean the ECU has figured out something was "masking" the maps, and has reverted back to a normal state? i dont think the emanage could have been disconnencted, as i soldered the wires together. and if it did come undone, the car probably wouldnt be running, right?
dont worry about the stuck rich thing until you get it tuned.. im stuck rich , i stll scream like all hell
Old 05-31-2006, 09:12 PM
5 Year Member

Are you sure you wired it correctly? It sounds alot like your in limp mode.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MA_70
its definitely not in limp mode. its wired correct now also. only time the cel comes on is when i go wot, and like i said its seeing low afr during that time.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:33 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

yeah as far as i know. kenny sent me the pin out diagram for the tC, and i followed it along with the instruction manual. the only one from the ecu i cut was Ar (airflow) connecting to white (output) and green (input). then i stripped B+ (power) going to red, stripped I (rpm signal) going to brown, and stripped E (ground) going to black. colored wires being wires from the emanage.

like i said, when i connected the battery terminal, and started the car, the emanage status was green, and interaction blinking orange. there was no CEL, but i had only driven it cautiously. the next day, i pulled it some, and thats what it began to bog/knock. a day later the CEL came on, and it was back to the way it has always been, stuck rich, running rich. i havent dared to try and give it another pull. i figured, lets just get it tuned, and see how it is from there.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by unseen
yeah as far as i know. kenny sent me the pin out diagram for the tC, and i followed it along with the instruction manual. the only one from the ecu i cut was Ar (airflow) connecting to white (output) and green (input). then i stripped B+ (power) going to red, stripped I (rpm signal) going to brown, and stripped E (ground) going to black. colored wires being wires from the emanage.
yeah i wired it in there in the first place, but i did misplace the throttle wire. i fixed it before i headed to zpi, but keep in mind kenny rechecked my car in person so the wires are good, he also added injector harnass.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There is a grey wire in the emange main harness -is this throttle?

I mean the stage 0 boost comes on so early and so fast that tunning with the TPS is really like tuning off boost. Does anyone have an opinion?
Old 08-24-2006, 08:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was thinking the same thing when I recently installed my blue box in this weekend. I noticed that when I hooked up to a labtop that the tps was not working and then realize I didn't wire anything up for the tps. The instructions either forgot about the gray wire (tps) or they didn't include it for some reason. Does anyone know for sure?

Quick Reply: emanage wired, whats the deal?