Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

energy suspension motor mount inserts

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 03:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea i thought i order insernts that fill in the gaps put they dont. they gave me soild inserts and the requiers u to press the old one out
Old 03-06-2008, 04:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by satoman44
btw, i had a set of speedsources but sold it to aen. but i really need these now since i think i broke the stock mounts.
I was wondering where the hell he got them from!
OK, I see, these fronts are just like the rear from speedsource, just the polyeurethane part.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

These are the inserts

Old 03-06-2008, 07:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

not quite...

for the tc, they look exactly like the ones from speed source except black. that pic looks like a generic one from ES
Old 03-06-2008, 07:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so the inserts just fill the gaps in the stock bushings? Or do they replace the bushings entirely, just not the housing?
Old 03-06-2008, 08:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The ones I got replace the entire rubber bushings so yes you have to remove factory bushing. Shouldn't be bad for front but that bottom mount above the subframe is a biatch to get to.
Old 06-06-2008, 03:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know this is an older thread but I just received my set of Energy Suspension Motor Mount Inserts, and they are not inserts as posted in this picture.

They are full polyurethane mount replacements. You have to take your mounts off. All three of them. The front trans mount, the rear engine mount, (which is a ____ing pita to take out) and the side engine mount which is under the stock airbox.

It took me a while to figure out how to remove the front and rear mounts, That and I drove to 4 local shops and all of them wanted $40 to press out each mount. That and because of the design of the side mount, it doesn't sit flush on the press so I couln't get anyone who would actually try and get the bushing off since they thought it would bend the mount.

Regardless after 5 hours or working to pull the mounts off and driving around I ended up having to put the car back together.

I had originally thought they where going to be inserts and was disappointed/excited when I opened my box. Disappointed because I knew I was going to have to get my old ones pressed out, but excited because they where full polyurethane mounts, much stiffer than inserts.

So as a warning to anyone who is attempting to do these one your own, make sure you know what you are doing. Jacking the motor up and down while its only being held on by the passenger side motor bracket is not fun and if not done right can cause allot of issues. Also be ready to have your car on jackstands for a few hours if not a day or so. Finding someone do press the old mounts out seemed to be more trouble than previously thought.

I think the easiest thing to do right now is to source a set of tc mounts to have as a spare. Get the ES mounts pressed into those and replace the mounts one by one.

If you can't tell yesterday was a long long day.
Old 06-06-2008, 04:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks for the heads up.
Do you have a pic of the actuall mounts?
Also, can you go into a little more detail on doing the rear?
Oh, and why only 3 mounts, not 4?

I have the speedsourse mounts which or front and rear only (The TT Billet is only the front), but the front is a full replacement with bracket and everything...not pressing needed up there. and I currently only have the front in cause I haven't had a chance to do the rear, but the rear speedsource mount is a poly replacement...not an insert, but not the full bracket either. They recomended using a hacksaw to cut the old one out, so as long as you dont' ever plan on going back to stock mounts, that would be easier then finding someone to press the old ones out...
Old 06-06-2008, 04:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Those are the actual mounts. Pretty much the closest thing you can get to race mounts. Except race mounts use stiffer polyurethane.

And to be honest with you I couldn't get the rear mount off. I unbolted it and it was coming off but it either hit the firewall or it got stuck with the bracket. I'm pretty sure that if you remove the rear subframe it would come off. BUT, if you do that you would have to keep the motor on the rest of the mounts with it being held up by a jack.

And there are 4 "mounts" holding up the motor. The front tranny mount, the rear motor mount (_____...) and the side mount which is under the air box. The "mount" on the passanger side is more or less a bracket that hold up the motor trough the side of the block. It still uses a motor mount bushing but the weight is being placed vertically on it, not horizontaly like the rest of the mounts. Just go out to your car nad look at it. Easier said than explained.

I'm most likley going to drop of the car at a shop to get these done, I had enough of a hard time pulling them out and I don't want to deal with that, or cause damage to anything. I will post up pictures and a review as soon as I do these though.

good luck with yours.
Old 06-06-2008, 04:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks...my car has been in AZ for a month, and I won't get it back for a few weeks still!!!

But yeah, the speedsourse front comes with the bracket, so it was CAKE! Took all of 10 minutes! The rear is the same as yours.
What they recomend is taking the front one out, then going for the back one and have your friend rock the motor back and forth the jimmi the rear one out.
Just a thought in case you want to try it again before you have a shop do it.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah I might just have to try that, the issue I had was that when I was trying to take off the rear mount. I had already taken off the front and side mount. So even though the motor was being held up by jack stands, due to the angle the car was jacked up to the motor had a natural tendency to lean to towards the firewall. So after I had taken that center bolt out. (which is best done with taken off the driver side wheel and getting at least two feet of extensions with a ratchet) the motor leaned in closer to the firewall leaving me no room to take it off.

School starts monday for me so it'll be hard for me to pull the car into service for at least a day while i do this. Lol, my mistake was going to this thread before I bought my mounts and taking in false information that the mounts I was purchasing would be inserts, not complete bushings. It was odd because I was about to buy the master bushing kit to replace all of the flimsy rubber bushings with the stiffer polyurethane ones. But after finding out how expensive getting things pressed out is ($35-$45 EACH) this is out of the question
Old 07-08-2008, 04:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey wendys... who did u order yours from??? also did u finally get these installed?? any reviews??
Old 07-08-2008, 04:25 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by TCpete
hey wendys... who did u order yours from??? also did u finally get these installed?? any reviews??
We have several sets coming into stock for these mounts. We have been offering them and stocking them since they first where released.

http://www.dezod.com/pd-energy-suspe...-set-tc-05.cfm

Old 07-08-2008, 04:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dam... u read my mind LMAO.. i was just about to PM you asking if the ones you carry were the same ones pictured above in red... the FULL solid motor mount replacement.

very freaky lol... right before i PMed u my inbox gave me a rang lol
Old 07-08-2008, 06:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TCpete
I actually bought mine trough nurspec.com I had them at my door in a few days. Good quick service. I also haven't had time to install them. I took in a full schedule for summer school and have also been working so I've had no time to work on the car. However, I have been trying to source out an extra set of motor mounts. That way I can burn those old rubber mounts out, without worrying about damaging the set on the car. I hate having parts waiting to be installed too. They feel and look much beefier than the oem mounts so I can't wait to put them on.
Old 07-13-2008, 06:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

so this energy suspension are full replacements not inserts? im looking for motor mounts right now, its the best on right now?
Old 07-13-2008, 06:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have the speed sorce motor mounts...they are front and back only, not the one side, but the front has the bracket as well, so no pressing out the old bushing.
Old 07-13-2008, 06:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

where did you get speed source? I guess this energy motormount is more complete?
Old 07-13-2008, 07:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yes it is^^ it covers both front and rear and tranny.... im ordering them on monday from paul... ill install that weekend and let you guys know how it goes... only mount im worried about is the tranny...front is cake.. rear is a PITA but ive done it before on a speed source install... so if the side it difficult ill write up how hard it was.
Old 07-13-2008, 07:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

the reason im getting is that after my clutch install, i could hear a some metal banging/rubbing from inside the car when I crank.. i thought it would fix the problem unless they reinstalled the tranny and all the mounts wrong.. its weird i cant hear or see anything hitting from the outside when I crank it, but only inside

Quick Reply: energy suspension motor mount inserts