Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

engine management - What do i need to buy TOTAL?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 09:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default engine management - What do i need to buy TOTAL?

So i want to get some sort of engine management so that i can do a tune on my S/C. I think it's coming down to the AEM F/IC and the Greddy EManage.

What i'm confused about is the total cost of EVERYTHING. do i need to buy a harness? anything else?

I read Dezod's pdf comparing the AEM and the GReddy, and it seems like the AEM is the way to go. But do i still need all the harnesses and such that the Greddy needs? does the Greddy even NEED all those harnesses and add ons?

Basically.. WHAT do i need to buy to get it all installed and brought to the tuner guy?
Old 12-06-2007, 09:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Get the AEM F/IC from Dezod and buy their plug and play harness and you will be set. The only other thing you will need is a tuner to tune your AEM for your set-up.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

1 ems unit .... 1 harness.... thats it
Old 12-06-2007, 09:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

depends on how complete you want the control of your tune to be.

and emanage would be fine, but if you want to control ignition and timing and read off boost instead of the maf sensor, or partial throttle tune etc, you need all that stuff to go with it.

or you can get the AEM and the pnp harness and you good to go.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn.. so.. about $700 total for the AEM F/IC then? damnnn
Old 12-06-2007, 09:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

350 fic
200 harness

around 500-600 bucks
Old 12-06-2007, 10:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Don't really need the plug and play harness. You can go with just E-manage but I'd pony up for the boost sensor and boost sensor harness plus the injector and ignition harnesses. Should be in the $500 range which is still inexpensive. Hydra EMS standalone is about $2000 and of course the better way to go but of course 4X the cost.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TCpete
350 fic
200 harness

around 500-600 bucks
where can i get it for that price? link please?
Old 12-06-2007, 10:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Here's the thing...if you're going Emanage...you're best bet is to get the ultimate because if you get the Blue...you need to get the injector, ignition, and boost sensor harness to allow it to be properly tuned. You also don't necessarily need the plug and play setup if you know a good shop...but if you're doing it yourself, then get the plug and play setup (it will cost the same either way) Since, if i remember correctly, you are in Rancho...i know of a great shop to install it in Baldwin Park and then tuning...Church's Dyno in Long Beach/Wilmington FTW!!
Old 12-06-2007, 10:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BuddhasTC
Here's the thing...if you're going Emanage...you're best bet is to get the ultimate because if you get the Blue...you need to get the injector, ignition, and boost sensor harness to allow it to be properly tuned. You also don't necessarily need the plug and play setup if you know a good shop...but if you're doing it yourself, then get the plug and play setup (it will cost the same either way) Since, if i remember correctly, you are in Rancho...i know of a great shop to install it in Baldwin Park and then tuning...Church's Dyno in Long Beach/Wilmington FTW!!
Actually i'm in Orange County but i was planning on taking it to Church's also. So i just need to take the EMS to the shop you know, they'll install it, and then i can take it to Church's for tuning?

so it boils down to if i want the Emanage or the AEM F/IC then. cuz i really don't want to spend $300 just for a harness for the AEM.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:21 PM
Banned
SL Member

does church's tune the AEM F/IC? I know they tune the Emanage, and they have some good tunes for it. Just wondering if they have ever worked on the AEM one...
Old 12-06-2007, 11:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 2_much_tc
does church's tune the AEM F/IC? I know they tune the Emanage, and they have some good tunes for it. Just wondering if they have ever worked on the AEM one...
give em a call and see. (310) 518-4966 or (310) 713-6171

http://home.earthlink.net/~spchurch/...motivetesting/

so.. anyone have a site with the lowest price on emanage blue + harness?
Old 12-06-2007, 11:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Church tune's AEM F/IC. I'm gonna get my tune with them.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:06 AM
Banned
SL Member

^ awesome information to know... thanks BOOBOY.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Originally Posted by dieselstation
Actually i'm in Orange County but i was planning on taking it to Church's also. So i just need to take the EMS to the shop you know, they'll install it, and then i can take it to Church's for tuning?

so it boils down to if i want the Emanage or the AEM F/IC then. cuz i really don't want to spend $300 just for a harness for the AEM.
si senor, that's exactly what i did. I had them install it (Emanage Blue), and they installed by splicing the wires, no harness needed, then i drove to Church's the next day and got tuned. Try to get it tunes ASAP after the install because you will be runnin real rich after the install.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

si senor, that's exactly what i did. I had them install it (Emanage Blue), and they installed by splicing the wires, no harness needed, then i drove to Church's the next day and got tuned. Try to get it tunes ASAP after the install because you will be runnin real rich after the install.
thanks for the info! can you give me a number or link to the shop that installed your greddy blue?

Also.. if anyone knows where i can get the AEM F/IC + harness for around $500-$600.. that could also be an option for me.
Old 12-07-2007, 03:57 PM
SL Member

the AEM F/IC comes with a harness... if you mean you want a plug and play harness, that's going to be expensive. if you know anyone who is good with electronics and soldering, you'll be fine with the harness that it comes with. it'll save you close to $300. whatever you decide, i highly recommend buying your stuff from dezod. i bought the F/IC and pnp harness from them two weeks ago. great harness and great guys over there.
Old 12-07-2007, 05:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If your going to chuch, he DOES the f/IC on a few tCs alraedy. He may even be able to splice to wire it up to save you money on the pnp harness.

Remember, with the blue, you need to buy the software and cable as well for another $100.

And Pete, where did you see that price? I got mine for $400 unit and $300 harness.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well i just ordered the AEM F/IC

Gruppe-S / Dynamic Autosports has em for $342.92 TOTAL.

Dynamic Autosports, Inc. / Gruppe-S
ph 949.457.1234
fax 949.457.8000

http://www.gruppe-s.com/Contact/about_us.htm

They can also install and tune it. I didn't get a price on installation, but tuning = $150/hr + $50 strap down cost using a Mustang Dyno.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:56 PM
SL Member

wow that's a hell of a deal on the F/IC

Quick Reply: engine management - What do i need to buy TOTAL?