Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Everyday driver

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 02:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ippskidder
Originally Posted by brett561tc
Originally Posted by B_Real45
Same here in FL.

No emissions testing - only exhaust db limits.. and even with those they are kinda lenient.
i've been running no exhaust for over a well over a year and a half now. never been stopped over noise.
have you been stopped for speed? or peeling out? lol

Hey brett, once I get my car tuned, i'll race you if you set your boost to 10 psi, lol.

Because if i'm not mistaken your engine is bullet proof right?
correct. if you wanna race it will have to be at moroso. i dont need anymore trouble with the man. however, by the time they open my car will not be on 9psi. it will be back up to 18-20psi. :D
Old 08-26-2008, 02:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

correct. if you wanna race it will have to be at moroso. i dont need anymore trouble with the man. however, by the time they open my car will not be on 9psi. it will be back up to 18-20psi. :D
No problem. Moroso it is. But I don't think they'll be done upgrading it till sometime next year right???

nvm you already knew that lol, hence the "by the time they open" comment.

Hmmm, maybe i'll have a chance if you wheel spin ridiculously, giving me enough time to get the jump, lmao!

BTW, do you have an aem or hydra??

Have you done any changes to your vvti timing??
Old 08-26-2008, 02:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ippskidder
No problem. Moroso it is. But I don't think they'll be done upgrading it till sometime next year right???

nvm you already knew that lol, hence the "by the time they open" comment.

Hmmm, maybe i'll have a chance if you wheel spin ridiculously, giving me enough time to get the jump, lmao!

BTW, do you have an aem or hydra??

Have you done any changes to your vvti timing??
i think they are supposed to open back up in october. im using aem f/ic for tunning. and i have 24.5x8.5x15 m&h slicks. so i dont think wheel spin will be much of a problem.
Old 08-26-2008, 02:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
From reading your posts and guessing about your car knowledge, I woudl recomend the Dezod kit, but call them, tell them what you want, and they will design one for you...either that or the Supercharger purchased and installed by the dealership...100% legal.

ALL turbo kits replace the CAI and the Headers...the headers contain the CAT so getting rid of that increases immissions, which is a federal offense. In some states, it is also illigal to do massive performance upgrades on a street driven car. Neither of these would get you busted unless your street racing, but removing the cat will give you a CEL which will make you not able to pass SMOG check, but there are some fixes for that as well...you just need basic mechanical skills.

About cost...there is more then just the price of the kit....ther is install, gauges, tuneing, fixes stuff that braeks, miscelenaous fluids, hoses, wires and stuff.
The general rule is make sure you can afford double what you plan on spending to boost your car.
Again, in many states there is NO smog check. I believe from the other posts he is in one of those states. And you dont HAVE to meet CARB standards in states that have not adopted them.

You still want to supress the CEL either way though so you will know when a new code is set. The absolute best way if you still run the second CAT is to relocate the 2nd O2 bung behind the 2nd CAT.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

i think they are supposed to open back up in october. im using aem f/ic for tunning. and i have 24.5x8.5x15 m&h slicks. so i dont think wheel spin will be much of a problem.
ahhh dam you, lol.

ok so it'll just be my problem
Old 08-26-2008, 04:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks guys... on the emission issue, in florida theres no illegality to putting the turbo but like someone mentioned earlier the exhaust is being monitored. i believe im going to have to go with the dezod kit...save a little be happier. thanks for the info.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Sounds like you have a lot of researching to do, the least of it being emissions.

Little to no knowledge of how turbo's work is a surefire way to money wasted.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:21 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey turbo your car. You will enjoy it. Florida dont have emissions. It will be fine. Id say search and read up on each kit. All the kits can make very similiar horsepower. Despite what some people may say. It depends on the tune. I have sen all the kits with similiar numbers on similiar psi. I would recommend the TT kit but he is taking very limited orders as they are reformatting there whole building process and building time outlooks. But I know a guy in Portland who has a greddy kit with 6psi of boost and he is doing 240-250whp. He is happy with that whp cause its a daily driver and he always has the option of turnign up the boost if he wants. He has not had any problems. The only downfall to the greddy kit is no external wastegate but if you treat your car good it will be fine and you can always get a many custom made with a external wastgate flange on it. Shouldnt be to expensive. But Dezod makes a great kit as well and they ship quick and are always available for questions. But i would go with those as they will work for any year when ordered except the greddy which takes a rubber o-ring and somethign else cant remember but PM aen he knows how.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

looks like dezod seems to be my best option so i think ill be leaning towards that. my follow up question is what else should i be investing in, exhaust is a clear duh but any other components that dont come with the turbo, money right now isnt a issue for me since ive been saving for this and since i do have the money now i plan to spend it.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:27 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

clutch, a/f ratio gauge, boost gauge, egt gauge not totally necessary, better brake pads or rotors and pads. what i can think of right now.
Old 08-28-2008, 02:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i figured i needed a newer clutch...thanks for the help guys