Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Facts About The Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 12:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Facts About The Supercharger

I just wanted to put a little something out to help evrybody with there supercharged tc's. I read a lot about what all of you have to say about the s/c and mods for it and quite frankly some of you have a lot to learn. So a few quick facts.

1. A header w/o a cat will cause you to lose boost and when it comes on. Trust me. I went from alphawerks back to stock huge difference. And to mention 2.5 psi. You dont have to believe me. Ask some of my buddies @ vortech. 805.247.0226. They will tell you about there s/c unit and back pressure.
2. e-manage is pretty much garbage for the Tc. If you want a good piggyback system go for the uni-chip. Who cares if you need an authorized tuner or dealer to tune it, it's for a reason. To be an authorized tuner you have to take a 2 day course at there facility. If you dont have one in your area go to the website at the bottom. Myself and Dave at Forcefed Racing are working on 3 different tunes for the s/c. 7psi, 9psi and 11 psi as of next sunday.(thanks to Kenny @ ZPI for the custom pulley) Dave will load the correct map for your app. and send you your uni-chip. All you have to do is plug it in. No splicing or any wiring of any type and its about the size of an ipod so you can put it anywhere. Not to mention comes with a switch to change maps. Perhaps if your doing it like me and you have a race gas map.

I'm not trying to affend anybody that thinks differently but I currently have an s/c Tc with probably more power then a lot of people out there. I see people with haeder's, straight exhaust intercoolers, 9.8 psi... all i have is the uni-chip, k&n filter, 2.5 inch exhaust w/ both cats and a zpi 9lb pulley and there all getting less power than I am. You can see my car dynographs and Tc s/c packages @

forcefedracing.com

237.6 whp 8.5 psi no intercooler 91 octane
250+whp on 98 octane[/b]
Old 03-06-2006, 12:33 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

just watching to see where this goes.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

interesting
Old 03-06-2006, 12:38 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Good advertising campaign. i checked the website out and it does look good.

I wonder how the UNICHIP is with the ECU learning?
Old 03-06-2006, 12:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm not exactly the tech guru in this case but feel free to call Dave @ Forcefed Tues. thru Sat.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So are you gonna be a sponser to SL?

Should be awesome what products you have in store for us! Cant wait.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well as of this coming sunday we will see 11 psi on 91 and 98 octane with custom uni-chip tunes. I am getting new injectors and forge 007 bpv but the only thing that will be changing in the future is going to psi increases and i/c possibly
Old 03-06-2006, 01:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How far do you think you can go with the TRD S/C non intercooled?

I believe 'Munch' a member on here had a pretty good setup with the TRD and Unichip, at about 12lbs via NST. He never disclosed his number he made, but maybe he will now...
Old 03-06-2006, 01:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

12 or 13psi will be as high as i go. th i/c will give a slight psi drop depending on how you plumb it. i dont know though. i will probably get like a side mount with as little piping as possible
Old 03-06-2006, 02:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

watching this as well
Old 03-06-2006, 02:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Do you know why you loose boost freeing up the exhaust flow? That means your moving more air through your engine increasing your VE "quick go look up what VE is haha". Increase VE then add more boost / fuel and you = more HP. The statement of your car being faster with the stock cat and header has to be the most ****** ***** ****** *** ***** **** retarded thing I have heard this week. I thought force fed actually was pretty smart, but if he thinks the stock cat and header is helping you out, then I just lost all faith in that company. Heck you wanna see a great boost number??? Stick a potato in your exhaust, hope you think your faster then! Also your dyno could read high, could read low. Only thing a real tuner cares about is before and after dyno's in a controlled enviroment. Not just one dyno that looks good. How about you guys post up dyno results all the way through the cars build? How about a dyno of your car with aftermarket header and then one with stock, I cannot wait to see this claimed powerloss with an aftermarket header since it has already been proven to help drastically.

Guess I can agree with you on the e-manage. I have always hated that peice of crap.

I swear I will make more enemies on this club cutting through there bullcrap. Feels like I am on a honda forum full of noobs and everyone has the answer.
Old 03-06-2006, 03:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

+1
Old 03-06-2006, 03:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

+2

Something smells fishy to me...
Old 03-06-2006, 03:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So you are telling me that because I have a 3" exhaust and header with no cat, that I am not making the 9lbs of boost that I am making? Comeon.. I am making full boost with the largest exhaust on here, and I had the highest hp dyno proven with no tuning.....
Old 03-06-2006, 03:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Idk, this is a company willing to make and do things for the TRD supercharger, and everyone is complaining... wtf gives?
Give em a chance.
Old 03-06-2006, 03:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Yeah, I want parts from a company that thinks the stock header nets more hp. What parts is this guy going to make, A new exhaust restrictor to net even more ponies? I just cannot buy from a guy that thinks increasing air into an engine and not increasing airflow out is a good idea. Guess this guy is just the owner of the car they tuned, but man... what can I say
Old 03-06-2006, 03:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by HighlanderMac
So you are telling me that because I have a 3" exhaust and header with no cat, that I am not making the 9lbs of boost that I am making? Comeon.. I am making full boost with the largest exhaust on here, and I had the highest hp dyno proven with no tuning.....
Im willing to bet that Im right there with you as far as power levels go. I havent gotten on a dyno though so I cant make that guarantee...on a good note(+1 for Scions in general supercharged or turbo'd) I disgusted a t3/t4 57 trim civic last night twice after he came pulling up to me with money hangin out the window both times...after the second time of me pulling about 4 cars on him before I was out of 4th he decided not to follow anymore and turned around...hmm strange
Old 03-06-2006, 04:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

keeping an eye out on this thread.
Old 03-06-2006, 04:02 AM
Banned
SL Member

Yeah lets see what they are really about
Old 03-06-2006, 04:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by zer0
Idk, this is a company willing to make and do things for the TRD supercharger, and everyone is complaining... wtf gives?
Give em a chance.
Because something does not seem right. On the other thread, that same company is claiming that AEM EMS is not good for daily driven cars.

Quick Reply: Facts About The Supercharger