Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Facts About The Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 04:15 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by desertheat
Do you know why you loose boost freeing up the exhaust flow? That means your moving more air through your engine increasing your VE "quick go look up what VE is haha". Increase VE then add more boost / fuel and you = more HP. The statement of your car being faster with the stock cat and header has to be the most ****** ***** ****** *** ***** **** retarded thing I have heard this week. I thought force fed actually was pretty smart, but if he thinks the stock cat and header is helping you out, then I just lost all faith in that company. Heck you wanna see a great boost number??? Stick a potato in your exhaust, hope you think your faster then! Also your dyno could read high, could read low. Only thing a real tuner cares about is before and after dyno's in a controlled enviroment. Not just one dyno that looks good. How about you guys post up dyno results all the way through the cars build? How about a dyno of your car with aftermarket header and then one with stock, I cannot wait to see this claimed powerloss with an aftermarket header since it has already been proven to help drastically.

Guess I can agree with you on the e-manage. I have always hated that peice of crap.

I swear I will make more enemies on this club cutting through there bullcrap. Feels like I am on a honda forum full of noobs and everyone has the answer.
Im going to agree, on almost all accounts.

Its all about before and after dynos.
Ive also never heard of a car with forced induction having to worry about backpressure. Please find me a reliable source that says restriction is good when you have a turbo or supercharger.
Old 03-06-2006, 04:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeh doesnt make any sense to me at all either when i read "stock header with cat is better then the AW header." it jus didnt make any sense.

about the emanage, im not sure but i think it'd still be better then the safe tuning trd puts into their s/c. emanage might not be the best option out there but it should be better then the reflash if done correctly.
Old 03-06-2006, 04:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Guess peice of crap is a little strong, I am just not a fan of it that is all. If properly used and setup by a good tuner it can net good results.
Old 03-06-2006, 04:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok, so what hes saying is that its better to make 250 hp with 12 psi with stock everything, vs 250 hp with 7 psi?
this guy sounds like he knows what he talking about, we better take notes.
no one in their right mind would take setup #1 vs #2, less boost= a more reliable car...
Old 03-06-2006, 04:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Guys, this is just from me... be vary carfull with the 2az engine. She is suprisingly fragile especially in the piston ring land area. Allot of tuners I am seeing are cranking the timing to net good ponies. At one point or another this is going to cause issues later on with the pistons. They really do suck, I know I have seen them / seen them broken first hand.
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If the S/C can make 250whp, dyno proven in anyway, Id consider buying it again...
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Do you know why you loose boost freeing up the exhaust flow? That means your moving more air through your engine increasing your VE "quick go look up what VE is haha". Increase VE then add more boost / fuel and you = more HP. The statement of your car being faster with the stock cat and header has to be the most ****** ***** ****** *** ***** **** retarded thing I have heard this week. I thought force fed actually was pretty smart, but if he thinks the stock cat and header is helping you out, then I just lost all faith in that company. Heck you wanna see a great boost number??? Stick a potato in your exhaust, hope you think your faster then! Also your dyno could read high, could read low. Only thing a real tuner cares about is before and after dyno's in a controlled enviroment. Not just one dyno that looks good. How about you guys post up dyno results all the way through the cars build? How about a dyno of your car with aftermarket header and then one with stock, I cannot wait to see this claimed powerloss with an aftermarket header since it has already been proven to help drastically.

Guess I can agree with you on the e-manage. I have always hated that peice of crap.

I swear I will make more enemies on this club cutting through there bullcrap. Feels like I am on a honda forum full of noobs and everyone has the answer.
+3
Old 03-06-2006, 05:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Guys, this is just from me... be vary carfull with the 2az engine. She is suprisingly fragile especially in the piston ring land area. Allot of tuners I am seeing are cranking the timing to net good ponies. At one point or another this is going to cause issues later on with the pistons. They really do suck, I know I have seen them / seen them broken first hand.
yeh i always had a hunch that there was a weakness in our engines but never really took to time to find out where. i guess u jus answered it for me
Old 03-06-2006, 06:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Gotta pay to play...
Old 03-06-2006, 03:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

like i said, you dont have to beleive me about the stock header. please feel free to call vortech's tech department and ask about there centifugal s/c and back pressure. 805.247.0226. you dont have to beleive me, ask the guys that "make" the supercharger or perhaps just popst a higher dyno #.

forcefedracing.com
Old 03-06-2006, 03:12 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by lundy
or perhaps just post a higher dyno #.
forcefedracing.com
Will do
Old 03-06-2006, 04:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh, and just for the record i am not affiliated with Forcefed racing. I am just simply one of there many pleased customers that have a lot of faith in the work they do and knowledge they have. And know i dont have dyno sheets posted of before and after but just to give you an idea. 175whp 7psi w/o tuning. 203whp 9psi w/o tuning. 237.6 9psi unichip tuned 91 octane. 250+whp unichip tuned with alternate unichip map for 98 octane.

Not part of, just in trust of:
Forcefedracing.com
Old 03-06-2006, 04:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

you only made 175 whp at 7 psi..? *LOL* I think you better re-check your dyno. We all have been making 195-200whp with a bone stock sc setup. At 9-9.5 psi there have been quite a few dyno's posted in the 230+ whp range. Do a search If my car made 175 whp after the sc, I would pronounce her DOA and burn her in the desert.
Old 03-06-2006, 04:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

like i said, you dont have to beleive me about the stock header. please feel free to call vortech's tech department and ask about there centifugal s/c and back pressure. 805.247.0226. you dont have to beleive me, ask the guys that "make" the supercharger or perhaps just popst a higher dyno #.

forcefedracing.com
I do not need vortech "which does not support the trd sc at all, they just will say they built it for trd and it is out of there hands" to tell me putting my stock header back on will give me hp, that is total insanity. I have already compared both stock and aftermarket and so has many people on here. There is a HUGE difference. Have any pics of your particular car with the aw header or engine bay..? I would love to see it.
Old 03-06-2006, 04:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you only made 175 whp at 7 psi..? *LOL* I think you better re-check your dyno. We all have been making 195-200whp with a bone stock sc setup. At 9-9.5 psi there have been quite a few dyno's posted in the 230+ whp range. Do a search If my car made 175 whp after the sc, I would pronounce her DOA and burn her in the desert.
Read man! 4200ft. elevation, in their location.

175whp, Now correct that SAE and get back to us..
Old 03-06-2006, 04:46 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I dont see how anyone can say the stock header makes more power. We have people on here who have a base dyno with out header, then an after dyno with header. And there are increases in power.
I guess with the 175WHP @ 7psi. We could say all dynos show different numbers. But a 20 HP difference is big.
And for numbers, you say you are running more power than anyone in the nation. There are people that have posted over your numbers. Yes dynos are different, but you dont know if its the dyno or they actually outperform you, so thats a bad claim to make.

I knew this thread was going this way, thats why I posted what I did after your initial post. I love the fact that you like yoursetup. But to come into a forum and think your word is god by saying you see we dont know what we are talking about....that kills some credibility on your hand and people are going to get deffensive and tear apart your claims.
I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE THE UNICHIP. But to say its the cure all and nothing is better, and that proven setups (header, exhuast) dont work...well thats just proposturous.
Old 03-06-2006, 04:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Typically, you might lose some low end power, with headers. But racing is done in the high rpms, so headers are definitely an upgrade. Then just fuel tune it, and get the low end back..
Old 03-06-2006, 04:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think the AEM is better then the UNICHIP seeing as how unichip is still only a piggy back. its still a good piggy back but nothing beats a standalone
Old 03-06-2006, 04:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh, and just for the record i am not affiliated with Forcefed racing. I am just simply one of there many pleased customers that have a lot of faith in the work they do and knowledge they have. And know i dont have dyno sheets posted of before and after but just to give you an idea. 175whp 7psi w/o tuning. 203whp 9psi w/o tuning. 237.6 9psi unichip tuned 91 octane. 250+whp unichip tuned with alternate unichip map for 98 octane.

Not part of, just in trust of:
Forcefedracing.com
So you are saying that you gained 28 hp from just a pulley? I am sorry but I am hard pressed to believe this. What are you supporting mods? And I would love to see a dyno posted also...
Old 03-06-2006, 05:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Has anybody noticed on their site if you click the dyno to blow it up in order to read it that a red question mark comes up? lol

Quick Reply: Facts About The Supercharger