Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Facts About The Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 06:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DTRUONG_112
Originally Posted by Munch
Originally Posted by Simplyscion
Originally Posted by zer0
Munch, you gonna share how well you did with the supercharger and unichip? #'s?
whats the point...you know everyone is gonna come on here and knock it anyay
Couldn't have said it better myself . Sorry bro, but I won't even open up that can of worms. Its been nice and quiet here lately hhahahahaa.
So why did you go turbo now when you said you could take stage 0 tC-t's? If your SC was putting down good numbers, why getting something else that can perform as good as the old setup?
Because without some sort of intercooler, or a way to cool the charge temps down, I couldn't go any further with the supercharged setup. I get bored fast and that's why I change cars every year for somethiing new. My old supercharger setup could have hung or possibly beaten the kit I have now, but I can go so much further with my new setup . So there's your answer . On a side note I took the car to the track just to get a couple passes in and ended up winning the Street Modified title at Raceway Park in E-Town NJ on saturday . I am the first Scion owner to ever win a title at Raceway Park . With that said ,did I make the right choice with the Turbonetics kit??? HELLS YEAH. Ordered it on a monday got it 4 days later. Now that's service. Thank You Mossy Performance .
Old 03-07-2006, 06:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Not going to get the new Si I take it Munch?
Old 03-07-2006, 07:35 PM
5 Year Member

You just have to replace the back pressure in the system at some point . It doesnt have to be in the header , especially since theres practically no room to add an aftermarket one. I suggest just putting 1 cat in the location of the stock cat that has a combined energy resistance of the two. I can recomend if anyone wants the one we use that gets everything where it should be. We actually recomend a setup with a good header and a cat that has the proper flow rate. With it youll actually see boost levels starting to come one sooner! Hope this answers your questions!
Old 03-07-2006, 07:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Munch
On a side note I took the car to the track just to get a couple passes in and ended up winning the Street Modified title at Raceway Park in E-Town NJ on saturday . I am the first Scion owner to ever win a title at Raceway Park . With that said ,did I make the right choice with the Turbonetics kit??? HELLS YEAH. Ordered it on a monday got it 4 days later. Now that's service. Thank You Mossy Performance .
Good stuff bro! Congrats!
Old 03-07-2006, 07:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ffr, so when i get my sc wit headers and unchip 9.5psi nst pully or 9psi zpi pully i should get more whp then justin cause i have a high flow cat with my exhaust? correct? if im wrong
Old 03-07-2006, 08:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Miscella...austtheory.htm

I hope this helps clear some things up. Its a lengthy read but well worth it and might help clear up a bunch of confusion
Old 03-07-2006, 08:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ForceFedRacing
I know this because I have spoken with them about carrying our FFR turbo kit as an option that could be financed into the purchase price of a Tc.
Even though this would be great news, I highly doubt it's going to happen..

You can't even finance the TRD supercharger, you have to pay for it seperately.. If you could add it on to the price of the car and spread it out over 5 years then I definately would of.. but, toyota wants the money up front, seperately for the SC.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

scion of reno NV financed mine for me. I had 8k on the car and they refinanced me with the price of the s/c and labor right into my payment. extra $30 a month
Old 03-07-2006, 09:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Serialk1llr
Not going to get the new Si I take it Munch?
No comment
Old 03-07-2006, 09:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DouBLeJ16
Originally Posted by ForceFedRacing
I know this because I have spoken with them about carrying our FFR turbo kit as an option that could be financed into the purchase price of a Tc.
Even though this would be great news, I highly doubt it's going to happen..

You can't even finance the TRD supercharger, you have to pay for it seperately.. If you could add it on to the price of the car and spread it out over 5 years then I definately would of.. but, toyota wants the money up front, seperately for the SC.
Credit Unions are your friend...
Old 03-07-2006, 09:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

lets put it this way...the way I sit right now with my supercharger, I will walk on stage 0's all day long...I dont care who is driving the car, I will beat them time after time. On another note, the way my car sits right now, I cant beat stock Evo's or Sti's but the turbonetics kit will. I think by the end of this week I will be able to hang with them, and when I get my clutch and flywheel in next week, I really will be able to hang with them if not beat them by a car or so.

I will eat your S/C with a NA tC
Old 03-07-2006, 10:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
lets put it this way...the way I sit right now with my supercharger, I will walk on stage 0's all day long...I dont care who is driving the car, I will beat them time after time. On another note, the way my car sits right now, I cant beat stock Evo's or Sti's but the turbonetics kit will. I think by the end of this week I will be able to hang with them, and when I get my clutch and flywheel in next week, I really will be able to hang with them if not beat them by a car or so.

Old 03-07-2006, 10:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Old 03-07-2006, 10:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

....heehee..

Seriously though, I will be boosted before the April show here. I will be up for a simple game of poker. I'll see your "S/C walking over a Stage 0 any day"....And I'll raise you "my g/f will eat you in the 1/4 mile". I won't even drive, I'll let her do the driving. That way, it will be fair.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How many supercharger threads do we really need? Its gotten just as bad as the turbo threads.

I love how some of you guys think you can run 12psi without anything else but the actual kits themselves. Lets just see how long it takes you to run into problems. A lot of you guys claim its safe to do a lot of things on the 2az. Its meant for you boost you say. Why, because of low compression? Has any of you actually seen some of the internal parts within the motor or actually looked at parts that could break in a heart beat? The piston/rings won't last, the rods are pathetic but better than some. The ECU surprisingly does well, however by the thinking of some of you it won't last either. You need some sort of intercooler or heat reducing product to help with all the heat. You will end up blowing your motor or trannies way before they should.

You can argue with me, you can tell me just to go away i really don't care what you say or claim. This has been proven for years ever since people started boosting motors, 2az is no different regardless of low compression or not.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by killerxromances
How many supercharger threads do we really need? Its gotten just as bad as the turbo threads.

I love how some of you guys think you can run 12psi without anything else but the actual kits themselves. Lets just see how long it takes you to run into problems. A lot of you guys claim its safe to do a lot of things on the 2az. Its meant for you boost you say. Why, because of low compression? Has any of you actually seen some of the internal parts within the motor or actually looked at parts that could break in a heart beat? The piston/rings won't last, the rods are pathetic but better than some. The ECU surprisingly does well, however by the thinking of some of you it won't last either. You need some sort of intercooler or heat reducing product to help with all the heat. You will end up blowing your motor or trannies way before they should.

You can argue with me, you can tell me just to go away i really don't care what you say or claim. This has been proven for years ever since people started boosting motors, 2az is no different regardless of low compression or not.

Just go away box boy... j/k yes I have to agree, the internals are pathetic. My 1.6L 4age motors rods and pistons are 10x the parts that come in the 2.4 2az. The internals are a joke and I have lots of pic / seen them first hand. Most have not. When guys start running 11-12 psi intercooled or not they are going to have problems as I have seen several with issues at 7 psi on 91 octain and just a little to much timing. Rods will hold 12 psi but the piston will not, they collapse the ring lands with ease.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You pay to play, if you have enough money to go F/I in a tC, then you should be prepared to rebuild you motor if ever need be. Just the chance you take.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I agree to a point after thinking the whole thing over and trying to decide the level of insanity this post has brought. There is a give and a take to backpressure on a sc like the vortech. Just to make things clear, the vortech sc DOES NOT NEED BACKPRESSURE TO OPERATE *lol*! Since you have little boost until rpm's rise, usually in the 1.5-2 psi range then the engine is acting like a n/a engine. With very little to no backpressure bottom end will suck donkey nuggets. With more backpressure you will get better bottom end. But the catch is you will LOOSE top end up once airflow increased at X psi. You must find the perfect balance. Once you hit 4-5+ psi the flow in the exhaust increases to the point that a header / high flow cat is needed to reap the benifits of the boost you are producing. Since this type of sc likes to play in the upper RPM anyways and you only run into the uppermost rpm when racing, that is were you want to focus your power. A header with 2.5" exhaust will be perfect. You do NOT want to equal the backpressure of the stock system period if you want good dyno numbers or drag strip results as your time at either will be spent in the upper RPM only. Do I reccomend some backpressure in the system? Yes. Leaving one stock cat in the system is plenty of backpressure to give you decent drivability in the lower rpm and enough flow in the upper to win races. End of story.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by zer0
You pay to play, if you have enough money to go F/I in a tC, then you should be prepared to rebuild you motor if ever need be. Just the chance you take.

True to a point, you can go f/i and not have to worry about it for 5yr 60k miles. Or with the platinum warranty, 100K miles. But if you plan to really play like toyota assumes you will, then the warranty is out the window anyways.
Old 03-08-2006, 01:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

....heehee..

Seriously though, I will be boosted before the April show here. I will be up for a simple game of poker. I'll see your "S/C walking over a Stage 0 any day"....And I'll raise you "my g/f will eat you in the 1/4 mile". I won't even drive, I'll let her do the driving. That way, it will be fair.
Ive come to the realization that you live in a Scion fantasy world, although I will bet on your side that your girl drives better than you...I would rather a more fair race
When your boosted in April, come up to Englishtown Jersey, Ill even paypal you the money for gas on the way up cause I already proved that I can beat a stage 0, you have yet to prove that you can beat a supercharger. Im gettin real tired of this bullsh!t, you arent even boosted yet so how can you even speak for christs sake...I dont care about your "rollercoaster rides" in ZPI vehicles cause thats not your car. Like I said, the offer still stands, I pay for your gas on the way up here, you bring all your buddies so they can witness this and we put an end to all this.

Quick Reply: Facts About The Supercharger