Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Facts About The Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 02:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Scion-ce
Just race for slips already (F&F style) That way whoever was talking the most BS walks home and the one who actually backed it up, now owns a s/c tC and a tC-t
It would be a long a$$ walk back to Tennessee
I got news for you Scion-ce you aint to far from beating stage 0s also...all it takes is a $100 Non Stop Tuning pulley and your set.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:18 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
Just race for slips already (F&F style) That way whoever was talking the most BS walks home and the one who actually backed it up, now owns a s/c tC and a tC-t
I got news for you Scion-ce you aint to far from beating stage 0s also...all it takes is a $100 Non Stop Tuning pulley and your set.
Oh you mean the $100 Non Stop Tuning pulley that my grandma threw away Bah! I'll wait awhile before I decided to get another one. That really blows!!
Old 03-08-2006, 02:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

That sucks!
Old 03-08-2006, 03:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by ForceFedRacing
Originally Posted by desertheat
I agree to a point after thinking the whole thing over and trying to decide the level of insanity this post has brought. There is a give and a take to backpressure on a sc like the vortech. Just to make things clear, the vortech sc DOES NOT NEED BACKPRESSURE TO OPERATE *lol*! Since you have little boost until rpm's rise, usually in the 1.5-2 psi range then the engine is acting like a n/a engine. With very little to no backpressure bottom end will suck donkey nuggets. With more backpressure you will get better bottom end. But the catch is you will LOOSE top end up once airflow increased at X psi. You must find the perfect balance. Once you hit 4-5+ psi the flow in the exhaust increases to the point that a header / high flow cat is needed to reap the benifits of the boost you are producing. Since this type of sc likes to play in the upper RPM anyways and you only run into the uppermost rpm when racing, that is were you want to focus your power. A header with 2.5" exhaust will be perfect. You do NOT want to equal the backpressure of the stock system period if you want good dyno numbers or drag strip results as your time at either will be spent in the upper RPM only. Do I reccomend some backpressure in the system? Yes. Leaving one stock cat in the system is plenty of backpressure to give you decent drivability in the lower rpm and enough flow in the upper to win races. End of story.
Hey man do you own a dyno or a shop? How many Supercharger kits have you installed over the years? Over 200? Have you gone through ATI or Vortechs orientation? I dont mean to be rude but we here at FFR have all the above. What you explain is how a Turbo kit works. To help you out though I will post some dyno results both with and without the stock cat and header and then a Megan Racing header and an Alpha header. Then to finish it off I will do one with a header and a special flowing cat. I think this is necessary to prove beyond any doubt that what were saying is fact. We only say what we know to be true because its the good results that come from our advice and products that will make our customers the fastest and highest power Supercharger systems out there. We will be spending some time this weekend testing and tuning different setups. The ones I just mentioned and then our brand new 11psi kit! This will be an awesome weekend I think! We are looking forward to seeing what this new pulley and tune will be able to put down and hopefully clear up once and for all some important issues in the SC TC World. When we get everything uploaded to the computer we will try and post everything we can.

Prove me wrong then supreme commander, you know how many independant dyno's have already been ran that prove the headers do add power to the setup? LOTS do a freaking search. Heck you were not even aware there was a belt slip problem with the factory tensioner and that has been discussed for months!! And you think an 11 psi pulley that is TINY is going to not slip at all?? Sorry man but now I really have lost ALL faith in your company when you come out and act like this. I was not ripping you on my post, I posted facts from what we have come to find with vortechs. I have 2 buddies with them on mustangs, 1 on a vr6, one on an s2000 and you think they all made more hp on a stock exhaust system? OMG no. And just so you know I am at a shop weekly with a dyno and supra's that will rip yours a new one, yeah I went there since you want to make an **** of yourself and want to be all high and mighty. Your supra turn 1450+ whp yet..?? Turn 1650whp+ yet?? I have been building race motors since I was 18, probably not near as long as you but long enough to know when somthing works and when something does not and definitly when somthing is a crock of crap. Again you just DO NOT GET IT. There are already dynos out of before and after with headers! They all prove you WRONG!

Also you claim my post is "how a Turbo kit works" Your turbo kits in the lower rpm only make 2 psi? Have you even seen the boost gauge on a vortech or one on our scions? I make about 2 psi at 60 mph in 5th gear. They are RPM dependant. Also have you even SEEN a header on a tc? The stock header? I really do not think you have because you would not be making such outlandish claims about the stock header making more power, it does not even flow well enough for stock output! Again use the little red search button and ask the n/a guys how much power they are gaining from a header!

Your also the very first tuning company I have ever seen that was not totally full of crap that would make claims on a new car that they have only tested a tiny few of "looks to be 1 car" and have not even done the a header test but claim it is the a fact of life the stock header makes more power because vortech says so even though vortech fully admits when I call them that they have washed there hands clean of the trd kit and it was produced to trd's specs and they will not make anything or support anything on the sc for us! I also asked the tech about backpressure, he said the same thing I did, to much is a bad thing and to little is a bad thing in the bottm end with there style of sc. He flat out said and I quote "For the most part it is a balancing act with an exhaust system" sound similar to what I said? DUH. *LOL*
Old 03-08-2006, 04:08 PM
Banned
SL Member

Lets all just calm down until the dynos are done
Old 03-08-2006, 05:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Munch
Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
I'm concern you have yet to prove you can be a Stage 0....oh wait, I almost forgot, you raced an Un-tuned, Non-supporting mod, Stage 0, so I guess that counts..
I didn't even want to get into this debate, but I can't let this one slide sorry. Wow that is so . I must be missing something here. Sorry to ____ on your Cheerios, but the last time I checked. The Stage 0 doesn't come with anything to tune it. You are supposed to bolt this thing to the car and hope that the car doesen't blow the hell up . It doesn't even come with injectors . So for your info, he raced a Stage 0 ZPI powered TC and beat the kid. Now the only way to tune that kit is to get an Emange or better system and a set of injectors. But then that wouldn't be a stage 0 kit anymore now would it . I would love to see you make a fool out of yourself trying to race a supercharged TC with your car. It would be entertaining to say the least ].

When I said Un-tuned, I meant he was throwing CEL's and running only a Stage 0, and nothing else. WHICH TO MENTION....HE STILL WON FROM A DIG! So, all he probably would have to do is slap on an exhaust and it would have been no Contest. Sorry dude...S/C = OVERPRICED. As for the S/C it should stand for "Slow Crap"... If a FMIC, and E-manage are OPTIONAL on the Stage 0 and you eqquip them, then what does it make it....cause it's still not a Stage 1. So, does it become all of a sudden a Stage 0.5? Still a Stage 0 IMO, because you still would be running 6-6.5psi.

PS...You don't even run a S/C anymore..

Originally Posted by SimplyScion
As I said playa, I have nothing to prove to you, but at this point, you got a whole lot to prove to me...Im not meeting you half way to go run someone I know I can beat with ease...Englishtown NJ...One of the finest tracks on the East Coast, come see me, we are in the same class...get the paypal account ready homey.

So, you going to Pay for all my gas and a room for the night right? If it's at your expense, then I will come all the way there. But if I have to shell out just money on a trip just to whoop up on you, then it's not worth it (You don't get under my skin that much to waste money smokin your a$$). I don't have anything to prove either. I don't run my mouth every five post like you do, talking about "Oh, my S/C can do this, and my S/C can do that"... You crack me up bro. My grandmothers station wagon does better in the 1/4 mile...

Originally Posted by SimplyScion

Oh man, I almost choked on my drink. You think you going to beat me with just a pulley, then you better take out everything except your dash and drivers seat for some weight savings. I'll see if Kenny wants to get in on this, if you are paying for my trip. I'm sure he would love to take you to school.

I love getting a rise out of you and Munch. You guys make ScionLife fun. You talk a lot, but never back it up with any sorta dyno, video, data...Nothing. Not even so much as a recent updated picture of your car (unless I just missed a recent post).

All is fair in Love and War.

I'll have something for you in a month, month-1/2. PayPal account has been, and forever will be setup. It's the same screen name I use on here. Be ready to have your money taken and a$$ handed to you.
Old 03-08-2006, 05:41 PM
Banned
SL Member

So, all he probably would have to do is slap on an exhaust and it would have been no Contest. Sorry dude...S/C = OVERPRICED. As for the S/C it should stand for "Slow Crap"...
Wow, first of all you are comparing apples to oranges. As mentioned a hundred times, a turbo kit comes with its own header and intake system. In all fairness, you'd have to compare a stage 0 turbo kit to a s/c kit with an intake and header. Even then, it might be apples to apples but it'd be more like granny smith vs. red delicious. Different taste, different color. You can always add something to make one car faster than the other. Thats not a valid point.

and about the S/C standing for slow crap? You don't want to open that can of worms. Especially because of the fact that your car still breathes as much air as the intake can suck. So take your naturally aspirated a$$ straight to ZPI and get boosted before you started down playing the TRD blower.
Old 03-08-2006, 05:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I cant wait to embarass you...how bout this, if I lose, I sell the supercharger and get a ZPI stage 0 kit...and if you lose, you sell your ZPI kit and get a supercharger?? Is it getting more interesting for you yet?? Is there any other stage 0's out there that are close to NY NJ CT or PA?? Honestly, I cant even wait till April cause by then your car will have no shot at all....Emanage, FMIC whatever you need to add to your car playa you can, but like I said, by then I wont even be in your class anymore. For the record once again, Unseens car was fine that day, the car is running as best as it can without engine management, as I know this cause I talk to the kid every other day, the only thing wrong is his car stalls just like everyone else. I would be more than happy to run him from a dig again cause you know what, I will guarantee a win 9 out of 10 times at this point.
Rythmnjoke, be a big boy and get your turbo on already and come on up to the dirty Jerz cause as far as Im concerned...Those that talk ****, dont got **** and this is very apparent here.
Until then, enjoy racing your honda civics, and nissan sentras...I woulda put the hurtin on you with my xB in the quarter
Old 03-08-2006, 05:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

So, all he probably would have to do is slap on an exhaust and it would have been no Contest. Sorry dude...S/C = OVERPRICED. As for the S/C it should stand for "Slow Crap"...
Wow, first of all you are comparing apples to oranges. As mentioned a hundred times, a turbo kit comes with its own header and intake system. In all fairness, you'd have to compare a stage 0 turbo kit to a s/c kit with an intake and header. Even then, it might be apples to apples but it'd be more like granny smith vs. red delicious. Different taste, different color. You can always add something to make one car faster than the other. Thats not a valid point.

and about the S/C standing for slow crap? You don't want to open that can of worms. Especially because of the fact that your car still breathes as much air as the intake can suck. So take your naturally aspirated a$$ straight to ZPI and get boosted before you started down playing the TRD blower.
Lol...I'm not down playing the TRD blower. "Killerxromances" always talking crap about it and he drives an xB(no offense "killer" just giving an example). I didn't hurt your feelings did I? The war is between me and SS, so, no hard feelings aye. I'm just kickin durt at his feet, so don't take it personal that I'm talking about the S/C in a bad way. Any F/I is good F/I IMO. Just keep it real though.
Old 03-08-2006, 06:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I cant wait to embarass you...how bout this, if I lose, I sell the supercharger and get a ZPI stage 0 kit...and if you lose, you sell your ZPI kit and get a supercharger?? Is it getting more interesting for you yet?? Is there any other stage 0's out there that are close to NY NJ CT or PA?? Honestly, I cant even wait till April cause by then your car will have no shot at all....Emanage, FMIC whatever you need to add to your car playa you can, but like I said, by then I wont even be in your class anymore. For the record once again, Unseens car was fine that day, the car is running as best as it can without engine management, as I know this cause I talk to the kid every other day, the only thing wrong is his car stalls just like everyone else. I would be more than happy to run him from a dig again cause you know what, I will guarantee a win 9 out of 10 times at this point.
Rythmnjoke, be a big boy and get your turbo on already and come on up to the dirty Jerz cause as far as Im concerned...Those that talk ****, dont got **** and this is very apparent here.
Until then, enjoy racing your honda civics, and nissan sentras...I woulda put the hurtin on you with my xB in the quarter

The only place "Dirty" is the South playa. Don't be a wanna be. And if you are going to be out of my class, then I will just go ahead and bump up to the Stage 1. Still wanna take that ride? And there would be no way in hell I would trade in my ZPI turbo for the S/C. Point being, is that you can't make a S/C into a Stage 1, 2, 3...Or whatever you want to call it. You can change out your pulleys sure...But turbo options are abundant. SimplySqaush's S/C tc will get walked by a N/A tC... Take that crap back to the dealer and tell them you need warranty work done, cause it's not pullin hard enough for you. Or maybe you should try it with the Left Hand...(hidden joke). I don't talk **** because I'm a **** talker. I talk **** because it's fun. And battling you is fun. You talk way more **** than I ever have and ever will. How tall are you? I didn't know they stack **** that high.

I'll race your xB on foot.
Old 03-08-2006, 06:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

you think a pulley is the only way to make more power on a supercharger?? You are even more stupid and uneducated in the auto world than I thought...I will be waiting, hope your car dont blow up on the ride up here. You ever notice that I NEVER post up pics of my car or list of mods, theres a reason, you will find out if you ever get that turbo...if you order it by april, then lets see,according to my calculations, you should receive it by August. Have a nice day my friend!!
Back on track to the Facts about the supercharger.........
Old 03-08-2006, 06:17 PM
Banned
SL Member

as we digress... I brought this topic up on another forum and talked to one of the most experienced and most knowledgeable members on that board. Some might know him as lo bux racer. This man knows what he is talking about. This what he had to say about it:

Force Fed raises some interesting points, but without exception, turbo cars make more power without a cat. I've already been down that road with Supras enough times to know that any cat in the way of exhaust after a turbo means less power.

On the other hand, a supercharger, IME, functions just as Corky Bell said. Boost is rpm dependent, and if you blocked off the intake, you'd have marvelous boost but no power. If boost falls, it is because you've removed a restriction. However, there will be no power increase or loss, because boost is related to restriction, not power. There are other issues as well, like intake air temperature (IAT) that really skews boost numbers. If the two situations have different IAT, then we're back to apples and oranges, and the universal gas law tells us that there is no way we have the same IAT, because we have lower pressure, we must have lower temperature. This rule holds true for all gases, from super vacuum to extreme high pressure. So, saying that boost is less with a header just means we've removed a restriction from the system and we haven't changed the rate at which the air is flowing into the engine at all.

AFA the catalytic converter, from a pure performance perspective, every engine I've ever seen makes more power without a cat, assuming it is correctly tuned after the cat is removed. This could mean a lot of things including a cam timing change to take advantage of the more open flow. One of the things that remains constant in all these tests is the economy cam profiles built into the 2AZ. Until someone comes up with a better cam setup, this will continue to be an issue, especially for the NA guys.

What Force Fed is telling me is that they haven't sufficiently tuned the set up without the cats to make it perform its best. I don't believe you need to build a restriction into an exhaust to make an engine perform better. It surely hasn't been my experience over the last 25 years or so.
Old 03-08-2006, 06:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

RACE..RACE..RACE..RAACE..RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!!!!!!!!.. and by all means.. post some pics and vids.. this outta be good
Old 03-08-2006, 06:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

you think a pulley is the only way to make more power on a supercharger?? You are even more stupid and uneducated in the auto world than I thought...I will be waiting, hope your car dont blow up on the ride up here. You ever notice that I NEVER post up pics of my car or list of mods, theres a reason, you will find out if you ever get that turbo...if you order it by april, then lets see,according to my calculations, you should receive it by August. Have a nice day my friend!!
Back on track to the Facts about the supercharger.........

of course I know that's not the only way to make power after your S/C install. No, you still have to throw every other mod known to Man to reach 230whp...

PS...I don't order, I go have it installed. When I said April, that was a projected install date, not order date. I'll have something for you though. Hope your car doesn't blow up by that time, seeing as how you have limited Cooling options for your setup.
Old 03-08-2006, 06:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Stu_Gotti
RACE..RACE..RACE..RAACE..RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!!!!!!!!.. and by all means.. post some pics and vids.. this outta be good

Kenny has already called them out on more than one occassions, but they always make up some excuse to scurry away into their little hole.... I SMELL.....KittyKats...
Old 03-08-2006, 07:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I love it.. especially since one of you would lose.. then when its all said and done... then what.. who ever loses.. what then?
Old 03-08-2006, 07:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I will be a man about it. If I loose, I would simple say congrats on the victory. If I would win, I would tell him to kiss my a$$...Heeheee...
Old 03-08-2006, 07:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Well thats good..
Old 03-08-2006, 07:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

of course I know that's not the only way to make power after your S/C install. No, you still have to throw every other mod known to Man to reach 230whp...

Wow, another Naive statement from someone who knows nothing other than what others tell him...Come on up to Jersey, bring kenny with you cause we all know that god forbid anything happened to your car on the way up or at the track that you would be in big trouble...then after I fix your car for you, it would be the other way around woudlnt it?? You would be kissing my a$$...cause even though we seem to disagree on every single thing posted up on the forum, Im still a good enough person to help someone out and I think I have proved that time and time again with many people on here...no hard feelings pal, just get that car up and running already...we have one of the best tracks on the East coast, we have been waiting for your guys arrival...theres not kitty kat there my friend.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:23 PM
Banned
SL Member

trd s/c with pulley>zpi stage 0.

Quick Reply: Facts About The Supercharger