Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Facts About The Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 07:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

of course I know that's not the only way to make power after your S/C install. No, you still have to throw every other mod known to Man to reach 230whp...

Wow, another Naive statement from someone who knows nothing other than what others tell him...Come on up to Jersey, bring kenny with you cause we all know that god forbid anything happened to your car on the way up or at the track that you would be in big trouble...then after I fix your car for you, it would be the other way around woudlnt it?? You would be kissing my a$$...cause even though we seem to disagree on every single thing posted up on the forum, Im still a good enough person to help someone out and I think I have proved that time and time again with many people on here...no hard feelings pal, just get that car up and running already...we have one of the best tracks on the East coast, we have been waiting for your guys arrival...theres not kitty kat there my friend.

I can only go by the dyno#'s that the S/C people have been posting. And they are running H/E/I, and pulleys. I have yet to see a S/C dyno post over 244whp. Maybe I missed a post or two, but I think that's the highest I have seen here on SL. Are you at least 250whp? Cause I don't think it would be fair if you are not at least 250.
Old 03-08-2006, 08:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I havent dyno'd yet, but I think it would be safe to say Im at those numbers with ease...I still gotta put my clutch and flywheel in to hold down the power.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

PS...You don't even run a S/C anymore.. .
I still have a supercharger for your information. It's on my other motor . You think you know.....................but you have no idea
Old 03-08-2006, 09:52 PM
Banned
SL Member

haha...munch just owned you rhythmsmoke
Old 03-09-2006, 12:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by rimjay2
haha...munch just owned you rhythmsmoke

Yeah, I'm sure I got major ownejavascript:emoticon('')
Blah Blah Blahd.... ANYhow, put the children (rimjob) to bed, cause grown folks are talking...

Originally Posted by Munch
I still have a supercharger for your information. It's on my other motor Roll On Floor Laughing . You think you know.....................but you have no idea
With the lack of information you post on here about anything you do, what do you expect. You are like that dude that's talking loud but aint saying nothing.

Originally Posted by SimplyScion
I havent dyno'd yet, but I think it would be safe to say Im at those numbers with ease...I still gotta put my clutch and flywheel in to hold down the power.
That's def. a must have. No sense in having power if you can't put it to the ground. I assume you are going with the Fidanza flywheel (could be wrong), but what clutch do you think is good? I think I'm going to go with the Clutchmasters Stg 3. That is my next purchase, either that or better tires. I'm going to get the clutch/flywheel before the turbo. That way I can break it in first, then there will be nothing stopping me from having fun when the turbo goes in.
Old 03-09-2006, 12:32 AM
Banned
SL Member

all those emoticons and calling me rimjob is pretty grown-folk like. think before you talk...or type. you cant even put a emoticon in without that "ownejavascript:emoticon" stuff...but hey, its all good
Old 03-09-2006, 12:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

fidanza/clutchmasters stage 2 Kevlar...perfect for the street, then when I blow that apart at the track I go big.
Old 03-09-2006, 12:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

With the lack of information you post on here about anything you do, what do you expect. You are like that dude that's talking loud but aint saying nothing.
Typical answer I was expecting from you. Very . I don't have to post anything about what I do with MY car on here. What I do with my car is my business.As long as I keep bringing home these:

There is nothing you can say to me. The day you get that through that peanut you call a brain, the better off you'll be.Until then play your sad songs elsewhere
Old 03-09-2006, 02:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Since everyone has their own side, i'll talk about both sides.

Stage 0 - Pointless, and a waste of a kit without injectors, management and an intercooler to say the least. List could go on, but these should be manditory.

TRD S/c - All i'm going to say. Too much money for little power. I've seen a trd s/c with i/h/e, zpi pulley, s-pipe, spec (i believe) "stage 2" clutch dyno at 233whp after tuning. To me, 230whp is a good number for the tC. But since everyone talks about how the "motor is made for boost" everyone expects so much more. So thats up to you, but what i can say is all the money you spent with the s/c and other mods, you could put into a turbo kit from turbonetics or stage 1 or custom and have more power.

Bottom line, both kits have their draw backs and both kits have their plus sides. Everyone needs to just shut up about it already because its going no where. Have someone make a video of a tC with the stage 0, tC with the s/c do some runs on the track. Post it for the world to see and at least you have some kind of moral of the story. Otherwise, this could go on for ever and theres not going to be a logical neutral agreement.
Old 03-09-2006, 02:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Anyone that thinks the motor is made for boost is a moron. I have seen my own engine in peices and examined every part. The pistons are cast crap designed for efficiency only. The rods are toothpics. If this engine is made for boost, the b16a was made for bottom end torque *LOL*
Old 03-09-2006, 03:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by desertheat
Anyone that thinks the motor is made for boost is a moron. I have seen my own engine in peices and examined every part. The pistons are cast crap designed for efficiency only. The rods are toothpics. If this engine is made for boost, the b16a was made for bottom end torque *LOL*
any honda motor is made for low end then. Its a fact 95% of what honda puts out is top end performance. Which i like, some don't and i respect that. But that still doesn't take away facts. And facts are, 2az is not made for boost. With that said, i personally think 230whp with the s/c is a respectable number.

I respect simplyscion, hes a cool guy. I don't know all his mods but i'd be surprised if hes hitting 250whp. It be cool, i'm not trying to disprove him but 250whp is pushing it given what i've seen. Just like saying a stage 0 puts 250whp, i have yet to see one that does. Sure, its possible but no one has done it yet that i'm aware of.
Old 03-09-2006, 03:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Did you read what I wrote? What you just posted "any honda motor is made for low end then" contradicts my post about the 2az not being made for boost. You think the 2az is made for boost..?
Old 03-09-2006, 03:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by desertheat
Did you read what I wrote? What you just posted "any honda motor is made for low end then" contradicts my post about the 2az not being made for boost. You think the 2az is made for boost..?
What i meant was, yeah any honda is meant for low end. *rolls eyes* Then i said "Its a fact 95% of what honda puts out is top end performance."

Sorry for the confusion.
Old 03-09-2006, 03:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

ahhhh soooo grasshopper
Old 03-09-2006, 03:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Either some of these guys race, or everyone just stop talking about it because its going no where. Sorry to be blunt about it but hey, 6 pages of this and no one has said anything to prove their statements up and no one has come to a neutral agreement.

Personally i could careless. When people ask me what f/i kit i would recommend, i don't say trd or stage 0. Because in my opinion, both aren't worth it. Some out there love their kits and hey, good call then. We all have different tastes.

I will be impressed with the tC the day i see 300whp n/a. Why? Because there are a ton of 1.8's that can reach 250whp+ n/a, and 2.0's. To me, n/a shows true potential. Anyone can boost a motor and make quite a bit of power. Its been done with countless motors. But n/a is where its at, and untill i see that i'm not going to be impressed. Why 300whp? As everyone on here believes, "no replacement for displacement" so going by that theory, 300whp should be reachable.
Old 03-09-2006, 04:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by killerxromances
To me, n/a shows true potential.
That is the most closeminded statement that you have delivered by far. Power is power. It does not matter how you reach it as long as your engine holds up. By your logic all those 2JZGTEs making 800hp on completely stock motor are nothing since it is not NA power.
Old 03-09-2006, 07:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by retrodrive
That is the most closeminded statement that you have delivered by far. Power is power. It does not matter how you reach it as long as your engine holds up. By your logic all those 2JZGTEs making 800hp on completely stock motor are nothing since it is not NA power.
No, i never said f/i wasn't impressive. What i said was, you can make power with a turbo on any motor. Wether it will last or not isn't what i questioned, i'm simply speaking truth. A 2.0l can have 1,000 built right with enough boost. It's been done. With a turbo you don't need power to make power. So to say power is power, is in itself ignorant.

N/A does show true potential of any motor. Because you aren't techincally forcing the motor to make power, you are using the motor as a power plant...sort of speak. I have nothing against f/i, but i'd be much more impressed of a n/a 300whp car than a 300whp f/i car.
Old 03-09-2006, 07:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This Thread is

what is the topic anyways
Old 03-09-2006, 08:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Tik... hahahahha.. that made my day..

The reason I got the S/C was so I could help test things.. also because I have owned turbo cars, from an Eagle Talon TSI to a 1984 300ZX AE. I wanted to try a S/C this time. and I like it, its fun, and I wanna see what the capabilities are.
Old 03-09-2006, 03:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by retrodrive

You have to take "killers" comments with a grain of salt, as he is a big Honda freak. To which we all know that for every 2 F/I Honda motors, there is like 50 N/A built ones. When that's all you are surrounded by, that's what tickles your fancy. I like F/I myself. Oh, and "killer", can you show me some N/A 1.6/1.8's pushing 300whp? I would just like to see how much work went into the motor. I presume engine swaps, head swaps, cams, rods, pistons, cranks...a long list I would expect. I just want to see what it takes to do something like that.

PS...Some engines respond better to boost. Some respond better to F/I. It just depends on the nature of the engine. So, a statement like "N/A shows the true potential", is just as valid as saying "if you can't make 250whp only on 6psi, then your motor dosen't have that much potential".

Quick Reply: Facts About The Supercharger