Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Fastest/most powerful 2AZ tC to date?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 04:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Finally found a place to post this.....

Old 10-29-2008, 04:24 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

YESSSS!
i weeeeen!
Old 10-29-2008, 04:27 AM

k sry ill change that pic to my actual car pic where the interFOOLER is black bahaha fail
Old 10-29-2008, 06:14 AM

Damn this is funnnnnny!!!!

I have to say that I like the evo alot more then the tc, but it was also a 28k(base) car new(in 06). I paid 17k for my 06 tc(used) two years ago. If I put the difference(11k)in my tc, then my tc would beat stock evos allday at the drag strip. I know that awd is better the fwd and rwd(in some cases), but look at how much more it costs to get a good awd car.
like I said I LOVE THE EVO and I will have one some day, till then I will keep trying to make my tc the quickest allmotor tc around.
It was funny reading this.
Just my .02
Old 10-29-2008, 04:53 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
RADO IS flippin' UNLIMITED
PTUNING IS flippin' MODIFIED

JESUS flippin' CHRIST HOW flippin' RETARDED ARE YOU?!?!?

THERE ARE 3 CLASSES IN TIME ATTACK, STREET, MODIFIED AND UNLIMITED. THESE CLASSES HAVE RESTRICTIONS. THE PTUNING TC HAS MORE RESTRICTIONS THAN RADO'S TC. HOYL flip, YOU ARE THE DUMBEST PERSON I HAVE EVER TALKED TO.

And yes, tC's have potential, THATS WHY THEYRE LEADING FWD. WHAT YOU REFUSE TO BELIEVE, IS THAT FWD IS NOTHING COMPARED TO AWD. I'm not a flippin' AMS fanboy, IT'S FACT THAT THEY HOLD TRACK RECORDS.

You're inane stupidity has caused me to actually lose my temper for the first time in 6 years. Congrats on being the stupidest person on Scionlife.
I CLEARLY said that Rado is a more experienced driver then the driver for PTunning because they took the same turn and look of the outcome. Whether Chris Rado's car is unlimited and PTunnings car is Modified it makes no difference on the skill level of each driver. If that was so then your basically saying that a driver is no better than the car he drives. Dude your the imature one hopping on my back. I just wanted to state that tCs have more potiental then people think. That its pretty cool to slap on a turbo if you have money and its way cheaper than selling your tC and then try to find a decent used RWD. Nothing against you or anyone. Dont get me wrong I like AWD cars too and AMS is not that far from my house. I hear what your saying and maybe FWD isnt the best platform for cars but it sure has more credit then people believe it has.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:06 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by yellowxhoodie
Originally Posted by InfiniteVisi0n
its called ____ing money into the wind when you could just sell the FWD car and buy a RWD car and make it just as fast for 1/2 the money.

im not saying im all against it, im just saying its not the smartest idea.
Yea smart idea, and where do you live? Around half the people on ScionLife live in cold regions where snow graces the ground they walk on. RWD in snow equals fail . Plus everyone was skeptical about fwd cars from the start but look at the fwd civics and gsrs' that run high 9's. Recent news, look at Rado's and Ptunnings time attack FWD tCs, both smashing up the tracks. Rado placed 1st a couple of times, beating out the HKS and AMS awd Evos'. Im sure you know this. Any who if you feel like thats wasting money then maybe you should feel the same way about buying some cheap springs and having your car so low to the ground that you can barely make it up a slant. You might as well have shorten your stock springs if all your going for is looks.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha.
did you srsly just call me out?
and dude, how many times do i have to fkin tell you before you get it.
I LIVE IN ILLINOIS RIGHT FKING NEXT TO YOUUUU!
YES, there are civics and isht that run 9's.
most of them are sponsored or shop owned.
and they are not daily drivers.

and you calling out my lowness just shows how much of a fool you are.
you have nothing better to say.

and it also shows how fkin stupid you are, theyre not springs, theyre called coilovers.
o and did i mention, they retail for more than ANY mod on your car and more than likely retail for more than SEVERAL of your mods combine.

kthxbaiiii!~
retail price cost more then all my mods together? haahaha I got a five axis kit, pioneer avic d3, greddy ti-c exhaust, limited edition TRD strut bar, coming VRD fogs. Highly doubt that your B & G coils cost more then the mods I have. If you bought it at the straight MSRP price then your pretty dumb. Plus if you do have coils then your stupid for slamming it that low. You basically gave away all the function and performance of the coils for looks. Might as well shorten your stock springs like I said. And what are you going to do in the winter? Re raise your coils or drive that RWD car that you have?
Old 10-29-2008, 05:11 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by Supafil25
InfiniteVisi0n why are you mentioning hondas when your trying to prove a point about scions. if you have money you can make any car fast. then wtf is this about cheap springs??? yellows coils >>> your car and ur life!!!
wow you go girl, I mentioned Hondas' if you could read correctly..as a statement to support the fact that FWD cars have potential. yellow coils>>my car? not so, your car dude. Tell me what mods have you done on your ride so far?
Old 10-29-2008, 05:13 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

its called ____ing money into the wind when you could just sell the FWD car and buy a RWD car and make it just as fast for 1/2 the money.

Yea smart idea, and where do you live? Around half the people on ScionLife live in cold regions where snow graces the ground they walk on. RWD in snow equals fail . Plus everyone was skeptical about fwd cars from the start but look at the fwd civics and gsrs' that run high 9's. Recent news, look at Rado's and Ptunnings time attack FWD tCs, both smashing up the tracks. Rado placed 1st a couple of times, beating out the HKS and AMS awd Evos'. Im sure you know this. Any who if you feel like thats wasting money then maybe you should feel the same way about buying some cheap springs and having your car so low to the ground that you can barely make it up a slant. You might as well have shorten your stock springs if all your going for is looks.

and it also shows how fkin stupid you are, theyre not springs, theyre called coilovers.
o and did i mention, they retail for more than ANY mod on your car and more than likely retail for more than SEVERAL of your mods combine.

kthxbaiiii!~
retail price cost more then all my mods together? haahaha I got a five axis kit, pioneer avic d3, greddy ti-c exhaust, limited edition TRD strut bar, coming VRD fogs. Highly doubt that your B & G coils cost more then the mods I have. If you bought it at the straight MSRP price then your pretty dumb. Plus if you do have coils then your stupid for slamming it that low. You basically gave away all the function and performance of the coils for looks. Might as well shorten your stock springs like I said. And what are you going to do in the winter? Re raise your coils or drive that RWD car that you have?
yea, i didnt pay retail, but guess what...theyre still pretty close to all your mods.
and we already discussed this, yes im stupid for slamming it that low, yada yada yada, sorry that im not a fkin retard and i dont find it necessary to drive 100 MPH on public roads or take turns and 80 MPH, the car still handles fine, im not saying it worse then stock, but it is no where near being no driveable.

and just like i said before when i told you where i live. (which ive already told you multiple times) LEARN TO READ.

I HAVE ANOTHER CARE WITH MORE HP AND ITS RWD THAT I WILL BE DRIVING IN THE WINTER.

why would i re-raise the coils...?
whats the point in driving two diff cars in the winter.

the tc will sit in the garage while my other car gets driven.

*sigh*
idk why im even wasting my time.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:24 PM
Banned
SL Member

kthxbaiiii!~
yea, i didnt pay retail, but guess what...theyre still pretty close to all your mods.
and we already discussed this, yes im stupid for slamming it that low, yada yada yada, sorry that im not a fkin retard and i dont find it necessary to drive 100 MPH on public roads or take turns and 80 MPH, the car still handles fine, im not saying it worse then stock, but it is no where near being no driveable.

and just like i said before when i told you where i live. (which ive already told you multiple times) LEARN TO READ.

I HAVE ANOTHER CARE WITH MORE HP AND ITS RWD THAT I WILL BE DRIVING IN THE WINTER.

why would i re-raise the coils...?
whats the point in driving two diff cars in the winter.

the tc will sit in the garage while my other car gets driven.

*sigh*
idk why im even wasting my time.
no idea on why you think RWD is better in the winter. Good luck fishtailing on the snow and not being able to get your butt out of parking spaces. And stop telling me where you live I know already. I simply asked you where you lived earlier as a rhetorical question but I guess you didnt understand that. Plus you DONT live next too me. Dude go bag your tC if your looking for that low look rather then wasting your money on expensive Coils which were meant for function Not for slamming your car so low you cant do anything without scrapping your front and rear lip. I just dont see the point in that.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:31 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

you dont fishtale and getting out of parkin spots is easy if you know how to drive RWD, i came from driving 4 RWD cars before i got my tC so i feel im better at RWD.

and again bringing up how low my car is...
thats completely irrelevant to this thread.
this thread was about fast cars and somehow its turned into try to rag on my coils.

hey dumbasss. THEYRE COILOVERS, THEYRE FKIN ADJUSTABLE

i wanted to go slammed for this season just when i put them on.
next year they will be raised up because my rims wont allow me to be tucked and ill be autoxing.

o and btw.

ive never scraped my rear lip on anything...

ever.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:37 PM
Banned
SL Member

you dont fishtale and getting out of parkin spots is easy if you know how to drive RWD, i came from driving 4 RWD cars before i got my tC so i feel im better at RWD.

and again bringing up how low my car is...
thats completely irrelevant to this thread.
this thread was about fast cars and somehow its turned into try to rag on my coils.

hey dumbasss. THEYRE COILOVERS, THEYRE FKIN ADJUSTABLE

i wanted to go slammed for this season just when i put them on.
next year they will be raised up because my rims wont allow me to be tucked and ill be autoxing.

o and btw.

ive never scraped my rear lip on anything...

ever.
and what did you say earlier? Im sorry I dont want to take 80mph turns and what not. Dang than why do you wanna go autoX..haha silly. Not fishtailing in the snow? Makes sense..not, considering that RWD cars naturally have more tq then FWD cars I highly doubt your not going to fishtail. Imagine being stuck in a parking space filled with snow. In a FWD car you can power/wiggle your way out while still changing the direction to the direction you wish. In a RWD your rear wheels just spin without changing direction. What happens if your rear wheels just keep spinning in the same spot cause you cant move the DIRECTION. Exactly why FWD cars are better in the snow for daily drivers. Oh yea thats right you live in the subbies..your streets bearly get plowed
Old 10-29-2008, 05:41 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

yea, i dont want to take 80MPP turns RIGHT NOW.
thats why ill be raising it up and adjusting them.

i know theyre not good for handling right now and ive never said they are and will not argue with anyone that tells me they arent. because i already know...

ive been stuck in plenty of spaces in my RWD car. and ive gotten out of ever single one.

i think its a personal preference thing, and ive got waaay more experience driving RWD then FWD so that helps too.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:45 PM
Banned
SL Member

yea, i dont want to take 80MPP turns RIGHT NOW.
thats why ill be raising it up and adjusting them.

i know theyre not good for handling right now and ive never said they are and will not argue with anyone that tells me they arent. because i already know...

ive been stuck in plenty of spaces in my RWD car. and ive gotten out of ever single one.

i think its a personal preference thing, and ive got waaay more experience driving RWD then FWD so that helps too.
true I guess experience does come into play but if your rear wheel is stuck at one position then you cant do much to help out that situation without digging yourself out. You were just fortunate enough not to be in a situation like that. In the city our parking spots constantly get covered with snow because of the stupid plow trucks. I just hope that you dont crash in the winter because your preference was to drive a RWD car.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this thread just failed.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by j3st3r
Finally found a place to post this.....

This deserved a repost.

Old 10-29-2008, 05:56 PM
Banned
SL Member

Vehicle: 2007 Time Attack SCION tC
Power: 713whp/703wtq
Lubrication: Eneos Oil
Tires: Front: Hoosier 295/30ZR18 Rear: Hoosier 295/30ZR18
Engine: 2AZ-FE 4-Cylinder, JE Pistons, Carrillo Rods
Head: 2AZ-FE
Driveline: Weismann Differential
Blown: Bullseye Power S362
Fuel Delivery: Bosch 720cc Injectors, Bosch Inline Fuel Pump, Golden Eagle Prototype Fuel Rail
Ignition System: Bosch Spark Plugs
Intake: K&N Air Filter
Engine Management: MOTEC M400
Suspension & Brakes :Custom Penske Coilovers, Brembo Race-Spec GTR
Wheels: HRE 546R 18x10.5-inch wheel
Safety/ Harness: IMPACT 5pt Belts Steen-built NASCAR-spec cage
Old 10-29-2008, 06:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

I like how some posted facts about Rado and disregarded others...

The truth is, while certainly there advantages to RWD and AWD, that does not make FWD useless. For one, it DOES take more skill to control FWD. I'd rather be a fantastic driver in a slightly disadvantaged car than a crappy one in a car that does all the work for me. I've been to countless Time Attack events where guys in Corvette's, Sti's, and Evo's got spanked by drivers in FWD cars. It's all about skill.

That having been said, even though Rado usually doesn't beat the BEST AWD or RWD cars when it competes, the reality is he beats a LOT of them. Take the Super Lap Battle Event earlier this year:

http://www.superstreetonline.com/eve...tle/index.html

His lap time was 1:29.550. The top AWD car posted a 1:28.185

Some other times from the RWD unlimited class? 350Z = 1:31.68. Another 350Z posted a time of 1:31.17.

Not only that, Rado was only a tenth of a second behind having the FASTEST lap time of ANY production vehicle at the Redline Time Attack event in Nashville, Tenn.

http://scionundergroundpodcast.wordp...does-it-again/

So once again, RWD & AWD = slight advantage, but FWD worthless? Hardly...
Old 10-29-2008, 06:08 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by Soulquarian
I like how some posted facts about Rado and disregarded others...

The truth is, while certainly there advantages to RWD and AWD, that does not make FWD useless. For one, it DOES take more skill to control FWD. I'd rather be a fantastic driver in a slightly disadvantaged car than a crappy one in a car that does all the work for me. I've been to countless Time Attack events where guys in Corvette's, Sti's, and Evo's got spanked by drivers in FWD cars. It's all about skill.

That having been said, even though Rado usually doesn't beat the BEST AWD or RWD cars when it competes, the reality is he beats a LOT of them. Take the Super Lap Battle Event earlier this year:

http://www.superstreetonline.com/eve...tle/index.html

His lap time was 1:29.550. The top AWD car posted a 1:28.185

Some other times from the RWD unlimited class? 350Z = 1:31.68. Another 350Z posted a time of 1:31.17.

Not only that, Rado was only a tenth of a second behind having the FASTEST lap time of ANY production vehicle at the Redline Time Attack event in Nashville, Tenn.

http://scionundergroundpodcast.wordp...does-it-again/

So once again, RWD & AWD = slight advantage, but FWD worthless? Hardly...
^^oh snap nice findings bro
Old 10-29-2008, 06:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

And then how can we disregard Dan Gardner's tC? His is probably the closest a "regular" Scion can get to racing, and he just won the NASA Championship at Mid-Ohio. He beat RX-8's, 240z's, a GRIP of Mazda Miata's, a GRIP of BMW 325is, and a whole bunch of Mazda RX-7's.

http://nasachampionships.com/pdf/2008/Group%20J%20(PTC,%20PTD,%20PTE,%20PTF,%20SpecE30)%20-%20Sunday%20Main%20Race.html

So yeah... I have to disagree with the whole FWDFTLOMGBBQ!!111 stuff. If I had the choice between an AWD, RWD, or FWD tC I definitely wouldn't choose FWD, but that's a given.

The cost to turn a FWD car into a beast isn't as much as people say. For about 25k (including the price of a new tC), you can have a car making close to 600+hp AND still look nice. tC's are still practical for everyday driving unlike a 350z, and they aren't something only car guys would like to look at like Sti's and Evo's. Most girls love my tC. I don't know any "regular" girls that would even look twice at an Sti or an Evo.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

we are making 880hp to the wheels now

Quick Reply: Fastest/most powerful 2AZ tC to date?