Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Fastest TC in Canada

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 02:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by yamaha16bw
Originally Posted by tc2nut4
I think they meant actually streetable cars lol... but either way you bring up a valid point about Jotech
NOt sure if you thought I meant but I was talkig about the BLUE Nitto tC . Which isnt daily driven but is streetable. Neither Scion Speeds or Kennys are daily driver I bet.

Kenny's WAS daily driven. Now, I don't think he will be daily driving it due to the extensive work that has now gone into it.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

A ZPI-powered car made it into the 12's and it's a daily driver - maybe he's a contender on this board?

Last Christmas I went to Winnipeg with my tC and hit up the clubs - there were a LOT of "oooohs" and "aaaahs" because you can't get a tC up there. Now, there's something about driving my super-boosted tC over the border and knowing that in all of Canada's 3.5 million square miles I have the fastest (and possibly the best looking) tC.

BTW - ScionSpeed = FTL
I wonder if Brian at Racingsolution got his $10k back that they owe him for all our turbo kit orders??
Old 10-20-2006, 02:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm willing to bet the Jotech Nitto tC is the fastest.
I would agree but the car was never even taken to the track.

What a waste of a car.. 533whp and 20" chrome rims to not belong together.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:54 PM
5 Year Member

damn, some of you guys are fast. The fastest dd Cobalt/Redline is running mid 12's. But I think with a bigger SC or turbo kit, we'll soon be seeing 11's. Do you guys have problems launching? that's one of the biggest problems for us, hell I launched at 1300rpm for my best run, that being on heavy 18's though.

oh, and yes we can't get the TC here due to safety issues. I live just across the boarder at Niagara Falls, would love to meet up with one of you's to check out the TC.
Old 10-20-2006, 04:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

The 2 fastest daily driven tC's (at least on the east coast) would probably be Munch and IceNine's cars...

I don't know what kenny from ZPI puts down.
Old 10-20-2006, 04:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by krdshrk
The 2 fastest daily driven tC's (at least on the east coast) would probably be Munch and IceNine's cars...

I don't know what kenny from ZPI puts down.

How about low 12's and 120+mph trap speeds...
Old 10-20-2006, 04:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

ok top 3 fastest then!
Old 10-20-2006, 07:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by krdshrk
ok top 3 fastest then!

Before one can claim that title, they must first provide video evidence for comparisons sake... Munch has not been here for some time now (not doubting that he is fast in the least bit), but there are no updated vids of him going faster than what he use to post. And we are still waiting on 1/4 vids from IceNine.
Old 10-20-2006, 07:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Travis, Now that you say that I remember Kenny tellingme that the car was daily driven so my bad. Kenny's tC is insanely fast. Travis, what did he run when he had the enigine trouble....something like a 12.12 maybe? I would love to see a vid when the car was heathy!

Munch has posted some sick times as well. I havent seen to many lately but I know he likes to keep his car a secret. All I know is he runs alot more then 8 psi of boost like most of us do. If there is ever another Shootout it would be sweet to invite all the people who have sick cars just to see how different companys and different FI setups match up on the tC.
Old 10-20-2006, 08:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Travis, Now that you say that I remember Kenny tellingme that the car was daily driven so my bad. Kenny's tC is insanely fast. Travis, what did he run when he had the enigine trouble....something like a 12.12 maybe? I would love to see a vid when the car was heathy!

Munch has posted some sick times as well. I havent seen to many lately but I know he likes to keep his car a secret. All I know is he runs alot more then 8 psi of boost like most of us do. If there is ever another Shootout it would be sweet to invite all the people who have sick cars just to see how different companys and different FI setups match up on the tC.

there should be another ShootOut spring of next year. Kenny's ET times say low, low 12's, but comparing his trap speed to other cars I've seen post 11's in the 1/4 mile with the same trap speeds he was putting down, traction is a problem for him even with slicks... This is non-LSD of course. Which ever comes first, I would like to see the 6-spd tranny + LSD run, or just an LSD period run on a fairly powerful tC.
Old 10-20-2006, 10:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ditto!