Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

few questions about the greddy kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 06:07 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default few questions about the greddy kit

hey i am really looking into purchacing the greddy kit but i have just a few questions.... what is the diamater of the downpipe, and how do they setup the oil pan?? do they give you hardware where you tap it yourself or send you a pretapped pan??
Old 08-28-2006, 06:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

Just curious... why the GReddy over the others, like ZPI, Turbonetics, Dezod, etc....?
Old 08-28-2006, 07:09 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

im thinking about purchasing the greddy kit because it includes the fmic and they are going for around 2500 bucks without the fuel management... turbo is basically the same as the zpi kit and its proven to be all that is needed to make big power on the 2.4.. i also like the manifold on the greddy kit, just wish it was externally wastegated
Old 08-28-2006, 12:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You can score the Greddy Kit with everything needed(pnp, injectors, ems..etc) for $3500 cheapest option out there.

Thats what im doing.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cheapest, sickest looking manifold, makes just as good power as the turbonetics.....need i say more
Old 08-28-2006, 06:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

CHEAP is your guys number one selling point on the Greddy kit. I see a problem with going the cheap route for F/I. F/I cost money and if you skimp on cost in the begining you will pay for it later. Contact Paul or Joe at dezod and get some solid answers about how their kit compares and I think you will be singing the Dezod tune before you even hang up. F/I isnt as easy as all have came to think. Remember to think about warrnty and repair how does Greddy stack up there? I could go on for days but for me the ANSWER IS DEZOD or N/A
Old 08-28-2006, 07:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BOXMAN
CHEAP is your guys number one selling point on the Greddy kit. I see a problem with going the cheap route for F/I. F/I cost money and if you skimp on cost in the begining you will pay for it later.

Contact Paul or Joe at dezod and get some solid answers about how their kit compares and I think you will be singing the Dezod tune before you even hang up. F/I isnt as easy as all have came to think. Remember to think about warrnty and repair how does Greddy stack up there? I could go on for days but for me the ANSWER IS DEZOD or N/A
well some people on these boards arent stupid rich like others, and reliablity, i have had no problems with my kit for over 4k miles on it already and it still runs perfectly, its my daily driver and with care and the correct maintenance any turbod car will survive. plus hmmmm i think greddy is world wide renoun, dezod? =)

im kind of sick of all the people about dezod this dezod that, no doubt that paul and joe are good people, ive purchased from them before....but some people have to TRY out other things and get other feedback. thats what i did and i decided to go with the greddy kit rather than the dezod or turbonetics that everyone else and their mamas have. i think that your pretty biased on the fact that u say its DEZOD or N/A, what about some of the success that people have had with the turbonetics kits on their tC? Greddy stacks up just as much as the other kits, its the people behind the wheel that determine which kit is better and what not.

Sure people have had their share of problems with dezod kits, greddy kits, and turbonetics kits, ect. everyone has their own opinion.=/
Old 08-28-2006, 08:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

^ I agree... I'm biased and really like the ZPI setup, as they are big Scionlife supporters and do alot for us Scion Guys, but agree that there are options out there and people can choose what they want to run and the only way we'll see is to see later how things stack up...

Only thing I like about the kits like ZPI and such is that you can contact the shop on AIM and talk to them here as well... The Big Guys like GReddy can't compete with that...

Let us know how it pans out... And Chose your poison!
Old 08-28-2006, 08:26 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by WeDriveScions
I'm biased and really like the ZPI setup, as they are big Scionlife supporters and do alot for us Scion Guys.......

Only thing I like about the kits like ZPI and such is that you can contact the shop on AIM and talk to them here as well... The Big Guys like GReddy can't compete with that...
FYI-I like to think we support the SL community as well. You can contact us by AIM too. Our AIM addy is in my sig.

To the originial poster, good luck with your choice and let us know if we can be of assisstance.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Re: few questions about the greddy kit

Originally Posted by 06fmtc
hey i am really looking into purchacing the greddy kit but i have just a few questions.... what is the diamater of the downpipe, and how do they setup the oil pan?? do they give you hardware where you tap it yourself or send you a pretapped pan??
Pipe is 60mm just about 2.5inch, google says 60 millimeters = 2.36220472 inch

Below is the instructions for the GReddy kit, you can look that over and find most info you need. Yes you have to tap the pan yourself or get a shop to do it. I know everyone wants to jump on you for getting it but like tcholic said it's a good solid kit. Please be sure to get it tuned by a pro to insure no problems cuz that seems to be peoples downfall with this kit.

Greddy Instructions
Old 08-28-2006, 10:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by WeDriveScions
^ I agree... I'm biased and really like the ZPI setup, as they are big Scionlife supporters and do alot for us Scion Guys, but agree that there are options out there and people can choose what they want to run and the only way we'll see is to see later how things stack up...

Let us know how it pans out... And Chose your poison!
I can call Greddy on the phone and get real answers, quicker then typing it out.

The Greddy kit is the best bang for the buck out there. Nobody can compete with it for what you get.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:35 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by zer0

I can call Greddy on the phone and get real answers, quicker then typing it out.

The Greddy kit is the best bang for the buck out there. Nobody can compete with it for what you get.
Depending on how technical it is. Their tech support is horrid.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ Well if your going to Turbocharge your car, you need to know how everything works and study up. I couldnt forsee needing to call them unless something is horribly wrong.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:48 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

^ Well if your going to Turbocharge your car, you need to know how everything works and study up. I couldnt forsee needing to call them unless something is horribly wrong.
According to them, the Honda D17 is not possible to run the e-manage on. We pioneered it 3+ years ago on that car. They also seem to think the tC jumpers are set right. They are not. We have spoken to probably 15-20 GReddy kit owners helping them getting their kits running right. Just as an FYI.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Who says they are using the eManage as their management?
Old 08-28-2006, 10:54 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Who says they are using the eManage as their management?

Your a funny man.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A greddy kit would be killer with a Dezod EMS... fool.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:00 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

A greddy kit would be killer with a Dezod EMS... fool.
FWYH, a Dezod kit with Dezod EMS would be ****.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionTific

SL Member

Assuming the Dezod EMS is available to the public.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

So Much For On Topic

LoL... ZPI, Dezod, GReddy, at least he got his answer... But, I agree with Paul... There is nothing like AIM or SL for support... Just ask Any of the Guys who have been saved by it, ZPI, NST, and Dezod all get props for that ability...

BTW - He had to come to SL to get answers, because there isn't information from GReddy about it and support is harder to find... Thus, my suggestion of ZPI... No Recruiting, just the reality of having companies who work to support online here and on AIM, and based on my experience, as I haven't worked with others... Bah...

Quick Reply: few questions about the greddy kit