Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

few questions about the greddy kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 11:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

i agree. such a simple question too
Old 08-28-2006, 11:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: few questions about the greddy kit

Originally Posted by etsnet
Pipe is 60mm just about 2.5inch, google says 60 millimeters = 2.36220472 inch

Below is the instructions for the GReddy kit, you can look that over and find most info you need. Yes you have to tap the pan yourself or get a shop to do it. I know everyone wants to jump on you for getting it but like tcholic said it's a good solid kit. Please be sure to get it tuned by a pro to insure no problems cuz that seems to be peoples downfall with this kit.

Greddy Instructions
etsnet wins. [/thread] Greddy FTMFW
Old 08-29-2006, 01:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
Originally Posted by zer0

I can call Greddy on the phone and get real answers, quicker then typing it out.

The Greddy kit is the best bang for the buck out there. Nobody can compete with it for what you get.
Depending on how technical it is. Their tech support is horrid.
yea i agree their tech support sucks, it took me and my work turbohoses r&d like and 1hr talking to them tryin to get the tc map, as far as jumper settings, myine were set right when they sent me the correct map......

as for dezod i gotta give it to you guys you are the best customer support and have lots of knowlege in the f/i world.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Greddy has been around a long time and is likely to be around when things break.

Just a thought
Old 08-29-2006, 06:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

IF you are going F/I you better have money. F/I is a money pit. You can all flame me for it but thats the truth. You have to have money and knowledge to play in the F/I world. Also it is tough to say Dezod,ZPI,Greddy.... we dont know where this guy wants peak power or if he wants all low end power... he hasnt said each kit has a very different power band. Dezod and Zpi offer options with the kits as well. Greddy you have few to no options. Just a thought. Greddy has lost a lot of the market due to poor cust. service and slow shipping/product release.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by BOXMAN
IF you are going F/I you better have money. F/I is a money pit. You can all flame me for it but thats the truth. You have to have money and knowledge to play in the F/I world. Also it is tough to say Dezod,ZPI,Greddy.... we dont know where this guy wants peak power or if he wants all low end power... he hasnt said each kit has a very different power band. Dezod and Zpi offer options with the kits as well. Greddy you have few to no options. Just a thought. Greddy has lost a lot of the market due to poor cust. service and slow shipping/product release.
I don't think no one said you don't need money to go F/I. I also didn't get the GReddy kit do to it being cheap (and believe me it's not that cheap). There's a lot of options you can have with the GReddy kit. You can choose any BOV you want, Basic or Ultimate emanage, you can get their option package or do your own thing like get 550 injectors. If you really wanted to you can close the wastgate and put on an external (which is what ZPI does for their very similar BIG 16G). Those are pretty much all the option that the other companies have except maybe TN. The top 4 turbo tC companies all put out good stuff. I can't speak for SP turbo cuz I don't know much about them but I have read good things.