Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

FIC or ULTIMATE??????

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 11:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by m6ar2cel6oTC
Joey? With the black Tc? You met him? I had asked him before and he said he didnt know you. The one that works at jiffy lube? The day I raced his car at the track I asked him an e said he never met you. Weird? Anyways how much power is this other Joey? Sorry for the thread Jack
he was clearly on drugs that day because ive been with luiggi and drove to his shop before to collect money and ive been next to him at julios house a couple times lol.. and yes him.. he tried to outrun a charger and got owned on sawgrass, i can even tell u stories he told me about his ex girlfriend LoL
Old 10-08-2009, 01:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well the day he we went to the track and luiggi took his car he said he didnt know any guy named chad that drove a blue tc. maybe you met him after. but you said your boy like if you guys were boys. and that car needs a new wastegate and miracle. cause i ran him when he had race gas and whored him! but then again i had a .48ar back housing lol. and whored it at the track. sounds and drives good cause i drove the car while luiggi tuned it. but the wastegate opened way to late. joey is a cool guy and all.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i met him like 9 months ago lol... havent seen him for a while tho.. he mainly knows me as the automatic kid that went manual lmao
Old 10-08-2009, 11:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
Cost. The F/IC with a PnP harness is around $600 new, the Ultimate is around $1,000.
I got my Ultimate with PnP for $300 bucks. I win....
Old 10-08-2009, 11:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by bradTc
Yea get the ultimate for those goals. As explained by Travis and Mike, both are not a lose, you just have to decide what your truely looking to do. BTW Travis can I stop by and run on your course one of these day :p, classic good vid.

For sho! But I think I'll be in your neck of the woods first..hehee. I'll be down in FL come this Dec for my yearly IN-laws visit.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

bringing the TC?
Old 10-08-2009, 01:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by SoFloTC
bringing the TC?
Naw..."maybe" the 350z. But seeing as how I'm traveling with my 2yr old son, and by the time I get down, my new born son will be born (due Nov), I will have a car load... So, can't put them in a 2 seater, so we may not have either down there and be rolling in a rental, cause I'm not driving my buick mobile down there.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
For sho! But I think I'll be in your neck of the woods first..hehee. I'll be down in FL come this Dec for my yearly IN-laws visit.
where in fl?
Old 10-08-2009, 01:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Chad you talk mad sh*t. The FIC is just fine - and I dont know when the last time you tried to run from a cop...

For those with cranking issues, you should check your slave version and also your tune. My car cranks fine and I'm self-tuned.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by B_Real45
Chad you talk mad sh*t. The FIC is just fine - and I dont know when the last time you tried to run from a cop...

For those with cranking issues, you should check your slave version and also your tune. My car cranks fine and I'm self-tuned.

Word.. I <3 The FIC
Old 10-08-2009, 01:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by brett561tc
where in fl?

Ocala is where the in-laws live. St. Pete is where the wifie's best friend lives. So, when I come down its usually in those two areas.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ElevationTC
Word.. I <3 The FIC
I agree, no starting issues unless you tune improperly.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Lol amen. He does talk alot of ____ but he meant Joey luiggis boy.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Chad, clearly he was on drugs. haha hilarious

Well, I've really thought it over and the tC isn't going to be modded any further. If anyone wants an E-Manage Ultimate w/ 07+ harness, check out the classifieds for mine, haha.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i want ur water meth kit
Old 10-08-2009, 04:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

someone please explain how i was talking ____? i simply said joey with the blacked out tc tried running from a cop and then failed because he had the FIC and didnt have speed cut removed... how the hell is that talking ____? COOL FIC is great for cars with a bolt on kit but u cant even compare the 2 when ur talking about performance im sorry.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ElevationTC
i want ur water meth kit
, so do I.........lol
Old 10-08-2009, 04:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rangerryda
I agree, no starting issues unless you tune improperly.

Toan @ ptuning said it can occur with some FIC boxes. So its not really the tune.

Originally Posted by Twilight2ner
I had the FI/C tuned by PTuning and currently am revamping my setup. I have an E-Manage Ultimate waiting if I actually decide to finish the car again. The whole 2-step launch was enticing, but I really liked that the stock ECU controlled the start-up ignition. I hated cranking the car for 15-20s with the FI/C.
unless Ptuning doesnt no how to tune...... but thats highly doubtful wouldnt u say

and Rob for the record the last time i ran from a cop was at US27.. when my car actually worked. wasnt fast.. but it worked. running from cops is very common in coral springs during the meets aswell.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SoFloTC
Toan @ ptuning said it can occur with some FIC boxes. So its not really the tune.

unless Ptuning doesnt no how to tune...... but thats highly doubtful wouldnt u say
Yea, I had a slightly delayed start with mine. But never over 5 sec, and mostly was around 3 or so. Same kit, also tuned by Ptuning.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

I checked mine, Toan @ PTUNING checked mine and he even flashed the firmware and the issue was still there. Talked to Edward @ AEM Tech Support, he acknowledged the problem. Swapped my F/IC with another F/IC @ PTUNING the problem went away, the problem lies with the unit and it is the luck of the draw. I bought a new F/IC and haven't experienced the problem again.

The F/IC has very litte to do with cranking, it is the relaying the crank signal from the F/IC to the ECU that is the issue. Some F/IC's do it very fast, still longer than stock, some take longer and results in multiple cranks.

Cold starts are perfectly fine, it's when the car is warmed, say you turn it off to go into the gas station, etc., quick trips, come back out and try to start it and it'll fail to start a few times. That's how we knew the issue was with the F/IC but Toan acknowledged it wasn't the first time he ran into the problem.

But Rob, your kung-fu is still mightier than I

Last edited by ecko04; 10-08-2009 at 04:48 PM.

Quick Reply: FIC or ULTIMATE??????