Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Finally Boosted!!!... Big Thanks to SL... Update and Dyno Pg. 117

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 01:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

whoaa slow ur role dude im only 19 liveing on my own ive been saveing 4 a kit and i finally got one thats all that matter's and i got a hell of a deal just becuz i don't spend 5k isint gonna make my kit a pos? im not useing cheap parts or anything
Old 04-25-2009, 02:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe

Still, the price difference is what, $1000? IMO, anything less than $5000 is budget boosting, which is = failure.
One of these days, i'll do an grand total of what my kit cost, i'm scared to know how much i've spent over the course of 9-10 months. lol

weezy, you have much to learn sir. It's going to cost quite a bit to get your simple kit up and running out of the box, atleast a hundred bucks for randoms stuff you have to get. I had to get longer bolts, washers, gaskets, wiring, hose, and just random stuff. It adds up fast so I hope you're prepared for it. Boosting isn't cheap by any means. Oh, and I forgot about tuning.
Old 04-25-2009, 02:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Satisfied with the kit? Eh. I'm more than satisfied that I'm boosted, but I would have been MUCH happier with the PTuning kit. Better manifold, better charge pipes, makes A LOT more power, doesn't have any fitment issues, it's track proven...etc. Plus they ship EVERYTHING at once.

I'd be much happier if my charge pipes actually fit properly. They're lower than my bumper, and my BOV is positioned in the worst possible position, so the top of it actually touches my hood.
Um...really? Cause last time I checked...they haven't even started selling their kit yet...still in pre-order stage. So your basing the "lot more power," "no fitment issues," and "ship everything at once" on...what...their prototype?

Sorry...I think P-tuning is awesome and everything...I would totally buy stuff from them, but let's hold off on hugging their nuts untill they actually start shipping some kits and we see some users install them at home...
Old 04-25-2009, 03:03 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Still, the price difference is what, $1000? IMO, anything less than $5000 is budget boosting, which is = failure.
wtf are you talking about....you did the exact same thing as all of use

are you saying you boosted on a budget?
Old 04-25-2009, 03:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

i know there is alot more to do untill my kit will be installed i never said i was going to install it the day it arrive's i won't be up and running untill end of july i do have a budget.. my bills come first then when i get the extra money ill buy the rest of what i need and i wont be installing untill i have the money for a tune also im doing this all by cash no credit cards so its gonna take a bit
Old 04-25-2009, 03:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

and why are we argueing over the dumbest sh it? we all have/getting a TT kit we should be helping each other out not bashing each other "oh ur kit is gonna fail bcuz ur on a budget" thats lame everone doesint have to spend over 5k if you can get everything done and running with a tune under 5k thats awsome
Old 04-25-2009, 03:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Meh i love my TT kit. makes good power for what i paid for it. and ya you cant compare a TT kit to the Ptuning kit because there arent any ptuning kits out there yet. so the basis of "it makes way more power" is off of 1 car. and it doesnt make "way more power" then my car. 15whp on 2psi more on a dynojet. not to mention my AFR's are Effed and dip into 10 flats at times. actually most of 3rd gear is a 10.5 run.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Lets face it TT kits are total crap.....NEXT
Old 04-25-2009, 10:30 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tC_2NeR
really...you made nearly 250hp on 6psi with yours...
Old 04-25-2009, 10:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Your funny...
Old 04-25-2009, 11:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

im pretty sure i would have made the same whp with a dezod kit and my turbo also....

Its the fact that the heart of the kit..the piping is horrendoussssss and fits like it was pieced together in 12 minutes off ebay....

I still have no spipe in my hands that was suppossed to be sent with my kit....

I hadda wait ~4 months to get it with a ton of miscommunication and bullsh*t excuses in between...

It took the fun outta modding my car it made it a freakin headache and a pain...

But then i thought, oh wait, everyone says its worth th wait....
So install day comes and day 1 i dent my IC pipes from them being absurdly low....

No matter how u fanagle the piping its still low

Todd assured me he sent me the "fixed" piping....

So i went with dezod now....paul has been there for me 24/7 and not once has there been an issue...all the parts came at once and itll fit perfect
Old 04-25-2009, 11:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im happy with mine. best manifold on the market in my opinion.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:25 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by brett561tc
I couldnt agree more, though imo p-tunings mani looks sick...but thats the only comp to TT mani's
Old 04-26-2009, 01:48 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

So what kind of businessman lies about the ship date of their kit? Someone waited about 3 1/2 months for the whole kit. NO S-pipe was sent. So why would you send anything out at all? Imagine buying a car and then having to wait 15 weeks to get the air bags installed, how would you feel? And then imagine receiving no lugs for the wheels. I would send the car back flying through the dealership window.

We drive scions, we dont have 100K+ salaries, these few thousands of dollars are A LOT of money to us. The least TT could do was provide a full kit within the FEDERAL LEGAL time frame. Have you no respect that we are supporting your business? I am sick of seeing members get screwed when nothing is being done about it.

Where is the fun in this? What kind of man, no better a business make high school excuses as to why things dont get finished? As a customer, I do not accept excuses. You are not my friend. I am here to buy something from you, I dont care whether or not you are my friend, if you're a jerk, or you're the best guy on earth. You are here to provide a service. If you cant do what you say you can, then why the hell are you pulling our chains?

Its very nice how TT likes to take peoples money, and make them wait... over a year? 3 months? Why are other companys shipping their kits out within DAYS of purchase?

Well whatever, good luck to all the people who are waiting for their parts. Just remember if you paid with a credit card you can reverse payment.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by crush02342002
Originally Posted by brett561tc
I couldnt agree more, though imo p-tunings mani looks sick...but thats the only comp to TT mani's
Manifold I guess is what makes it standout and kept TT going, even the ptuning IMO isnt as pretty of course im commenting on the cosmetic side lol and ptuning wouldnt care too much about beauty as long as its effecient in function..

But honestly customer service and turn around time and piping issues are very serious issues that needs to be fixed, we know todd is trying hard but still how customers normally see these situations right now isnt good
Old 04-26-2009, 02:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

You said it very well ace. The EL style manifold is definitely a huge reason why i bought the kit. Since there isn't and EL competition, I think that's why people still buy kit. PTuning is around the corner ready to swoop up all those customers tough, so its not looking good for TT. Todd is definitely going to clean up his game if he's going to make it work. Better communication, better turn around time, better fitment, all those need to be improved on.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

how do you figure ? ? ? ? I have paid.

1200.00 for

TTV2.1 manifold
Intercooler
all IC pipping
AEM dry flow
2 slim radiator fans
2.5 dp/ s pipe that fits.
90 coupler

than 900.00 for
T3/T4 60ar cold .82 ar hot garrette journal bearing turbo
Extra intercooler witch I am selling
HKS SSQV limited

so that puts me at 2100 and I still need
Injectors-
ECU-720.00
Couplers-100
Oil lines- 125.00
Tune- 500
Vacuum block-45.00
Tbolt clamps-40.00
MISCELLANEOUS parts. -100

witch puts me in the neighborhood of anywhere from 3100 - 4g
4g with gauges and clutch kit. That is 1g lower than the 5g stated to make it not a ____ kit. None of my parts are ____ either. So it can be done if bargain shopping it and finding good deals on here or anywhere else for that matter.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im pretty sure i would have made the same whp with a dezod kit and my turbo also....
So i went with dezod now....paul has been there for me 24/7 and not once has there been an issue...all the parts came at once and itll fit perfect
So what WHP numbers you makin now?
Old 04-26-2009, 12:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its so sad that todd had to fucck over his business reputation so badly. the man put a great product out on the market that is now going to be tainted by the fact that he cant run a business. so even though ptuning has still not shipped a single kit, people already believe that there kit is better in every way based heavily on there business reputation.
Old 04-26-2009, 01:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my tt kit is amazing i get more love thenn a cute blond at spring break most commons question is why
my fitment was ok
down pipe was a little off but being it was the first 3 inch down pipe on a xb i understand my pipes are nice and out of the way
just everything works so nicely i have had no problems i still never received my aem dryflow filter but who cares the down pipe fix was easy cause of my custom exhaust
i did get lied to about lead times shipping and yeah kinda sucks but what can you do

Quick Reply: Finally Boosted!!!... Big Thanks to SL... Update and Dyno Pg. 117