Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Finally Boosted!!!... Big Thanks to SL... Update and Dyno Pg. 117

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 03:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think you guys are forgetting that Scionlife is not the world. TT has a much larger customer base the just what is on ScionLife, as do all the other companies.

I hope that PTuning has absolutely no issues with their kit, but with how intricate it is, it's not going to be as easy as a Dezod kit...and even they got flack on here for blowing up motors after they tuned...ever hear of Todd tuning and blowing a motor?

Anyway, if PTUning comes out PERFECT, then yeah, Todd may have to step up his game another notch, but chances are, there is still gonna be SOMEBODY who complaines about something with PTuning. That's just the way it goes.

I recently hooked up a friend of mine with Todd...we'll see how that goes, and I'll post up results.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TheQuietThings
So what kind of businessman lies about the ship date of their kit? Someone waited about 3 1/2 months for the whole kit. NO S-pipe was sent. So why would you send anything out at all? Imagine buying a car and then having to wait 15 weeks to get the air bags installed, how would you feel? And then imagine receiving no lugs for the wheels. I would send the car back flying through the dealership window.

We drive scions, we dont have 100K+ salaries, these few thousands of dollars are A LOT of money to us. The least TT could do was provide a full kit within the FEDERAL LEGAL time frame. Have you no respect that we are supporting your business? I am sick of seeing members get screwed when nothing is being done about it.

Where is the fun in this? What kind of man, no better a business make high school excuses as to why things dont get finished? As a customer, I do not accept excuses. You are not my friend. I am here to buy something from you, I dont care whether or not you are my friend, if you're a jerk, or you're the best guy on earth. You are here to provide a service. If you cant do what you say you can, then why the hell are you pulling our chains?

Its very nice how TT likes to take peoples money, and make them wait... over a year? 3 months? Why are other companys shipping their kits out within DAYS of purchase?

Well whatever, good luck to all the people who are waiting for their parts. Just remember if you paid with a credit card you can reverse payment.
I'm sorry I even made a mistake paying through Paypal immediately...last year. It has been over a year of wait for me and know what... Todd's last PM to me was on 9th Apr and he said he was going to ship the manifold + parts overs to me (ZPI replacement). This is the 2nd time round of promised delivery.

Obviously it has not be done as of today

I did rant about getting a refund in my previous post and guess what, he said he didn't have any.

I was just waiting for Todd to respond with a tracking no. after 9th Apr for my shipment before I do anything. As usual, I was right and he did not respond nor did he attempt to try.

My patience is super-thin now and I'm planning my next course of action.

As for Mr Meaty's friend, I'll f*u*c*king blow up if his friend gets whatever kit or parts he orders from Todd within a 2-3 week/months period. I freakin' waited for more than a YEAR
Old 04-26-2009, 07:07 PM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe

Still, the price difference is what, $1000? IMO, anything less than $5000 is budget boosting, which is = failure.
<< budget boosted.

failed. hahaha
Old 04-26-2009, 08:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

the title of this thred should be changed to "the roast of turbo toyotas 2009" there are 3 or 4 people posting in here about not having there stuff. other then those people its bickering back and forth.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by TheQuietThings
So what kind of businessman lies about the ship date of their kit? Someone waited about 3 1/2 months for the whole kit. NO S-pipe was sent. So why would you send anything out at all? Imagine buying a car and then having to wait 15 weeks to get the air bags installed, how would you feel? And then imagine receiving no lugs for the wheels. I would send the car back flying through the dealership window.

We drive scions, we dont have 100K+ salaries, these few thousands of dollars are A LOT of money to us. The least TT could do was provide a full kit within the FEDERAL LEGAL time frame. Have you no respect that we are supporting your business? I am sick of seeing members get screwed when nothing is being done about it.

Where is the fun in this? What kind of man, no better a business make high school excuses as to why things dont get finished? As a customer, I do not accept excuses. You are not my friend. I am here to buy something from you, I dont care whether or not you are my friend, if you're a jerk, or you're the best guy on earth. You are here to provide a service. If you cant do what you say you can, then why the hell are you pulling our chains?

Its very nice how TT likes to take peoples money, and make them wait... over a year? 3 months? Why are other companys shipping their kits out within DAYS of purchase?

Well whatever, good luck to all the people who are waiting for their parts. Just remember if you paid with a credit card you can reverse payment.
WOW. I could not agree more with this post.

I spent over 6K on my kit that i've been waiting for. Its been over a year now and still nothing and a lot of excuses. I don't know why i keep getting pushed to the back of the waiting list.

I feel that he's taking his sweet a** time because i'm all the way here in NY, and if thats the case he has no idea how quick i can make arrangements to be in arizona and i will personally go pick my sh*t.

I worked my butt of for this money just get a kit.

All i kept hearing from everyone is TT this TT that and how wonderful this company and their product is. I can honestly say at this moment i regret making this purchase.

I lost all excitement in getting and installing this kit.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

If I were one waiting for over a month for my parts I would be filing a lawsuit especially 6k dollars. There is no reason to sale parts that are not going to be in stock for over that long. That is bad business. Does anyone know if this is a licensed business? The buyers with problems should start talking to the BBB. After all these stories I would never buy or recommend anyone to buy from this company!
Old 04-26-2009, 10:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

I found the BBB website and TT has three complaints. The rating of this company is a F.

BBB processed a total of 3 complaint(s) about this business in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total 3 complaint(s) closed in the last 36 months, 3 were closed in the last 12 months.

These complaints concerned:
1 regarding Delivery Issues
2 regarding Refund Or Exchange Issues

These complaints were closed as:
2 No Response
1 Unresolved
http://www.bbb.org/central-northern-...0000985#rating
Old 04-26-2009, 10:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damnnnnnnnnnn. sucks for u guys..
Old 04-26-2009, 10:49 PM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i got my clutch in 2 days
Old 04-26-2009, 11:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Cause its dropped shipped from the manufacturer^
Old 04-26-2009, 11:49 PM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no, it had todd's address on it
Old 04-26-2009, 11:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Yea the buyers address is always on it...same when i bought my clutch from dezod...but i noe it came from CC cause he said it
Old 04-27-2009, 12:22 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so he bought it from cc, they mailed it to him and he mailed it to me

which is what i said lol

or are you saying cc mailed it directly to me?
Old 04-27-2009, 12:25 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Yes that is exactly what matt is saying. Do you think the clutch when from the manufacturer to todd and then to you in 2 days?
Old 04-27-2009, 01:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

well at least todd still acted fast and ordered the clutch right away
Old 04-27-2009, 01:22 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

lulz
Old 04-27-2009, 01:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Guess its weird that my kit only took a month to get to me.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Its easy for those of you who have no clue to sit here and bash.....

Matt, Christian etc....

You honestly think I like all of this or did any of these things on purpose?

Like I truly want to take 3+ months or even a year as in Christians situation?

Its bad for business but things happened.......

I'll shed a little light....

Last May...

things are going great, future is promising. Looking at the possibility of opening a shop.

Get a phone call from a customer....

blew my motor. Ok asked a few questions. long story short...

didn't install the fuel management he purchased (550cc injectors, AEM FIC, fuel pump etc)

Thought he could drive it around the block real quick without any issues. (GT35R with .9 bar spring)

Told many many times importance of these parts through emails and phone converstions....

2 weeks go by...letter from attorney. Sueing me for new motor from Scion.

another week....receive chargeback notice from Visa for turbo kit. (Gt35R stage 3 kit with all options)

Settled out of court for motor and lost chargeback....just over $26K.

They didnt care that that money was someone elses turbo kit or product that they purchased from me.....all that mattered is that I come up with it.

Any asset besides the necessary items I needed to stay in business was liquidated or returned for refund.

During same time frame, head fabricator decides to quit.....

Needless to say I thought I was done, and should have quit....

But I didn't. I couldn't.

I had orders to fill, and wanted to fulfill them.

Half of the current build log at that time was completed.....the rest?

Some wanted to wait, others didnt. Some cancelled, some got refunds some did chargebacks....

When it rains it pours.

Well, those who wanted to wait, waited another 3/4 months and longer........

It took some time to find a fabricator I could trust and have confidence in.

I worked as much as I could to re-purchase turbos, wastegates, blowoff valves, intercoolers, raw material etc.

Train the new guys for what they were fabricating etc.

Things took time....

I told people to wait..be patient I would take care of them.

Slowly that has happened. Not as fast as I wanted, but better than nothing.

So yes, I have had issues, had problems of all kinds. But I am still here...barely.

But for the sure fact that someone liked what I had to offer, ordered it, and paid for it.

So go ahead bash away.....

Not much else for me to say.

Other than what I have been saying....

Be patient and you will get your stuff. (this only applies to those who are still waiting for anything ordered last year)

New orders do not get mixed up with any of those who are waiting from 08.

Regards-

Todd
Old 04-27-2009, 01:38 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks Todd for clearing things up for some but im sure its not enough for a few...

Im glad things are picking up and peeps are getting their stuff...

btw Todd we needed to finish up on our last chat before i forget what the eff i was going to say....lmao...i really need to right this stuff down.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:40 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

I just hate the fact that some think Todd is the boogy man out to get you....come on folks grow up a little

Quick Reply: Finally Boosted!!!... Big Thanks to SL... Update and Dyno Pg. 117