Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Finally Boosted!!!... Big Thanks to SL... Update and Dyno Pg. 117

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 01:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Well guess the news is finally out. i've said it before sorry to hear about everything again todd.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

should we sticky todd's post? the this the story that todd doesnt want to mention in the forum, its kinda personal as what he told me before.. i still have my support on todd, i just feel bad for his other customers.. as said things happens..

we know there are lots of improvements that TT has to do, as I see it todd is taking care of more important stuff before the others, its just he can only do so much at a time and those things that are left undone is kept on coming back to him that makes things even harder
Old 04-27-2009, 03:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow...I can't beleive you lost that lawsuit...
Old 04-27-2009, 03:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by TurboToyotas
Its easy for those of you who have no clue to sit here and bash.....

Matt, Christian etc....

You honestly think I like all of this or did any of these things on purpose?

Like I truly want to take 3+ months or even a year as in Christians situation?

Its bad for business but things happened.......

I'll shed a little light....

Last May...

things are going great, future is promising. Looking at the possibility of opening a shop.

Get a phone call from a customer....

blew my motor. Ok asked a few questions. long story short...

didn't install the fuel management he purchased (550cc injectors, AEM FIC, fuel pump etc)

Thought he could drive it around the block real quick without any issues. (GT35R with .9 bar spring)

Told many many times importance of these parts through emails and phone converstions....

2 weeks go by...letter from attorney. Sueing me for new motor from Scion.

another week....receive chargeback notice from Visa for turbo kit. (Gt35R stage 3 kit with all options)

Settled out of court for motor and lost chargeback....just over $26K.

They didnt care that that money was someone elses turbo kit or product that they purchased from me.....all that mattered is that I come up with it.

Any asset besides the necessary items I needed to stay in business was liquidated or returned for refund.

During same time frame, head fabricator decides to quit.....

Needless to say I thought I was done, and should have quit....

But I didn't. I couldn't.

I had orders to fill, and wanted to fulfill them.

Half of the current build log at that time was completed.....the rest?

Some wanted to wait, others didnt. Some cancelled, some got refunds some did chargebacks....

When it rains it pours.

Well, those who wanted to wait, waited another 3/4 months and longer........

It took some time to find a fabricator I could trust and have confidence in.

I worked as much as I could to re-purchase turbos, wastegates, blowoff valves, intercoolers, raw material etc.

Train the new guys for what they were fabricating etc.

Things took time....

I told people to wait..be patient I would take care of them.

Slowly that has happened. Not as fast as I wanted, but better than nothing.

So yes, I have had issues, had problems of all kinds. But I am still here...barely.

But for the sure fact that someone liked what I had to offer, ordered it, and paid for it.

So go ahead bash away.....

Not much else for me to say.

Other than what I have been saying....

Be patient and you will get your stuff. (this only applies to those who are still waiting for anything ordered last year)

New orders do not get mixed up with any of those who are waiting from 08.

Regards-

Todd
Just to set the record straight Todd I'm not bashing. The people who are bashing are the ones who received your products and are still having issues. I'm simply just expressing how I feel and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. I'm pretty sure if the tables were turn it wouldn't be any different. I know it doesn't make anybodies situatin better but everyone he the right to vent.

I understand that this lawsuit set you back a while lot financially, but to us little guys who worked our butts off to save up to get your products expecting it in the time mentioned and end up waiting months to a year it gets pretty discouraging
Old 04-27-2009, 03:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

that really suck's bro it take's strong dedication to do what you did and im sure soon enough you will be on top Aceing people's order's every person that ive seen on here that has a TT kit love's it and im sure the new upgrade's will keep being more sexyer every upgrade
Old 04-27-2009, 03:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

And for the record Todd. That a-hole who sued you and started all this havoc needs to burn in hell

Karma will have it's way with him

Curse you!!!!!!

Sorry just venting a bit. I guess when it comes down to it is was just all bad timing
Old 04-27-2009, 04:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its funny how everyone bashes than todd says something than everyone kisses hiss ___ afterwards. its entertaining.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:54 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the worst part is that isn't the only thing that happened

the reason they are kissing his butt nowwwww is because they know they are wrong lol
Old 04-27-2009, 05:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

how are they wrong? just wondering...

I've know about this stuff for months, although I was lied to for months on end, I finally figured out most of the details. Him telling the truth now still doesn't make up for the lies from the past, at least from my perspective. It also doesn't make up for parts not fitting.

I do commend Todd for not pulling a ZPI and high tailing it out of there a year ago, leaving everyone SCREWED. That does show some character at least.

So whats the moral of the story?

If you're waiting for parts, just wait it out and you'll eventually get it. If you don't like waiting a for a while, get a turbo kit from someone else, you don't have to buy TT. At the end of the day, Todd is going to have to do some major reevaluation of his business practices and quality control if he wants to stick around. End of story.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:36 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

they are wrong because they attacked todd without hearing the whole story
Old 04-27-2009, 05:48 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

No.

You're still making that false personal relationship connection.

There are personal relationships and then there are business relationships. Now while it is OK to sometimes mix some personal aspect with the business aspect, at the end of the day it is STILL A BUSINESS. And yes, it does suck about what happened (if that's what really did happen) , but does that mean many other people get screwed over? It is not my fault that you hit a bump in the road. So does that mean we as customers still have to be lied to and have promises broken? There is still no justification in that. If you can't fufill obligations in a timely lawful manner either accept it and refund the money or give the customer a choice to keep waiting, or get out of the business.its simple, stop playing games. To tell you the truth, if this was any other car forum ( such as a nissan or mitsu forum), this seller would have been loooong gone. I am really sad to see people waiting for 12 months for parts!
Old 04-27-2009, 05:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

^amen...

Yea its sad but u know what? His story isnt putting an spipe in my hands and isnt making my pipes fit and my bov not hit my hood.

His story is t erasing being lied to for months...

Im sorry but im not wrong and i have no regrets about what i posted...

Try pullin these stunts with a domestic crowd and watch how fast ppl would be in an uproar...

I cant believe ppl still defend this crap
Old 04-27-2009, 06:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

This could have all been avoided...

Todd should have simply called those waiting, explained his plea, and gave the customer a choice...

And guess what i prolly woulda waited it out anyway...
Old 04-27-2009, 06:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

Originally Posted by tC_2NeR
This could have all been avoided...

Todd should have simply called those waiting, explained his plea, and gave the customer a choice...

And guess what i prolly woulda waited it out anyway...
Your right...He also could of bailed out and disappeared, but he didn't...Todd isn't some HUGE shop with multi million dollar inventory...Todd is here to help and support mostly the Scion communtiy...I for one am glad Todd finally let the truth out...He told me what had happened awhile ago but I felt it was not my place to tell his story...As Todd told me about his misfortune, you could see the hurt and pain it had caused...I think it would have been much easier to quit but that's not Todd...Todd loves cars and he loves Scion/Toyota...Todd has had to work multiple jobs, and still does, just to survive and pull himself back from the bottom...Do those that have waited a year have a right to frustrated? Absolutely...But they also have to be understanding and forgiving...Give Todd a chance and let him rebuild TT...

Right now, my xD is in Todd's garage being turbo'd...I told him take as long as you need...He said it would take a month or so...Could it take longer? Possibly...But you know what? Todd loaned my his Nissan to drive while mine stays at his house...So to Todd, don't worry about the bashers, they will always be there...Keep your head up and move forward and keep working on bringing TT back and make it one the best turbo options out there for us Scion entusiasts...Thats my .02...
Old 04-27-2009, 09:08 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

somtimes i wish he just left like zpi.

it would have been so much easier.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:46 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by aen
somtimes i wish he just left like zpi.

it would have been so much easier.
iv thought the same at times but still glad he didnt.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

seriously...most those waiting have been waiting since BEFORE the lawsuite...Todd could have filed for bankrupsy and then none of you would be waiting on anything...just SOL. Is that what you all think he should have done?
Old 04-27-2009, 02:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by scikotictc232
its funny how everyone bashes than todd says something than everyone kisses hiss butt afterwards. its entertaining.
No a** kissin here buddy. Just stating the honest truth to how I feel.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Alright fellas im done with this thread....

The point im tryin to mame is not that he is a bad guy and oh he could have went bankrupt and then we would be screwed blah blah

The point is that my kit doesnt fit..and i paid for it to fit...
So like i said earlier im sorry about the suit but that should not negate the fact that my crap dont fit.....

Lawsuits happen to companies every day guys..big n small companies. Its capitalism at its finest and is part of the risk undertaken when starting a business...
Old 04-27-2009, 03:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

^^ yes that is true, thats one of the reasons companies get bankrupt too.. the guy is trying to keep things alive.. he has a long list of things to take care off, so unresolved issues would just make unhappy customers but yeah he cant please everyone.. not in the current situation he is in

Quick Reply: Finally Boosted!!!... Big Thanks to SL... Update and Dyno Pg. 117