Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Finally Boosted!!!... Big Thanks to SL... Update and Dyno Pg. 117

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 02:57 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...sc&&start=1360
Old 07-11-2009, 02:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by crush02342002
Iv helped with install of one of those zpi kits and the turbo set a little different. the hot side of the turbo was closer to the block than the cold side if i remember correctly. idk if it makes a diff.

The manifolds are all the same. I even upgraded to a 20G on mine.
Old 07-11-2009, 06:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the zpi replacement mani that I got from todd for a girl here was full on ram horn style...almost equal legnth...deffinatly NOT a log style.
Old 07-11-2009, 06:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=232559&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=1360
Thank you sir
Old 07-11-2009, 11:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
the zpi replacement mani that I got from todd for a girl here was full on ram horn style...almost equal legnth...deffinatly NOT a log style.
we are talking about the ZPI manifolds, not what Todd made to replace them.
Old 07-11-2009, 01:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
You know what I would like to see.....the supposed multiple versions of the ZPI manifold. I honestly think it's all BS. It's a log manifold...seriously, the placement is the same on every last one of them. Per my knowledge, only two versions ever existed. The later version being made by Full Race.
sorry...thought you were talking about this...
Old 07-11-2009, 02:16 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Iv helped with install of one of those zpi kits and the turbo set a little different. the hot side of the turbo was closer to the block than the cold side if i remember correctly. idk if it makes a diff.

travis dont tell me what iv seen and what i havnt.
Old 07-11-2009, 02:21 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

I dont have a pic of it installed to better show my point but here is what i have

Name:  IMG_1033.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  101.4 KB
Old 07-11-2009, 03:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

You know what I would like to see.....the supposed multiple versions of the ZPI manifold. I honestly think it's all BS. It's a log manifold...seriously, the placement is the same on every last one of them. Per my knowledge, only two versions ever existed. The later version being made by Full Race.

Yea, was talking about the actual ZPI manifolds. Not what Todd created.

So, you think you have seen more ZPI manifolds than I have? Seriously?
Old 07-11-2009, 03:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I dont have a pic of it installed to better show my point but here is what i have

Dude....SAME manifold as the rest of them. I'm not following on what you are trying to point out. Todd claimed that there was so many versions of ZPI's manifold (I.E. Designed differently than the rest). I'm saying that's BS. There were two at the most. His claim that the turbo was positioned differently on multiple occasions. I'm saying that is BS. If it's not, I'd like to see the "multiple" manifold differences.

I'm not talking about cracks in manifolds that get welded back together by a hack job exhaust shop. I'm talking actual DESIGN differences.
Old 07-11-2009, 04:27 PM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ive seen 3 different types, the flange on every manifold was twisted differently or slightly to the left of the one in your picture
Old 07-11-2009, 06:57 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by aen
ive seen 3 different types, the flange on every manifold was twisted differently or slightly to the left of the one in your picture
exactly what im saying
Old 07-11-2009, 07:17 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea, was talking about the actual ZPI manifolds. Not what Todd created.

So, you think you have seen more ZPI manifolds than I have? Seriously?
what im saying is dont dare tell me what i know and what iv seen...i HAVE seen more than one zpi manifold and the flanges ARE POSITIONED DIFFERENTLY which twists the turbo to a different location than others. hell iv seen 4 of Kenny's manifolds at Turbochargers last time i went...even Ace83 has seen a couple of em over there. I can even go over ther and quash all this stupid crap and ask Kenny. iv seen the one on kenny's car. or i can get some measurments from the guy who i helped install his kit and compair em to others that have it. (this guy isnt the only one running around here with the zpi mani)

and its a fact when fabbing parts that not every piece is exactly the same unless youv got one hellava set up with cnc machines, perfect jigs, and the best tools. Im sure others can vouch for that. P-tuning has one great set up from what i can tell but im sure even they will tell you that there can be some very small variances with their kit. so small it doesnt affect fitment but still.

Travis im sorry bro but untill you pick up a welding mask and do a little fab work yourself then i might listen to ya.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:41 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

btw what is the zpi log mani known for????? cracking right? and why do they crack? they get hot? and warp? do you think perhaps that had anything to do with this? how likely do you think it is that Todd got ahold of a used ZPI mani? and what condition do you think it was in? perhaps warped? on top of thes fabing variances? and did we forget that MR. ZPI himself is in houston now? you dont think he brought some of his zpi stuff with him? You think iv never met the guy? or seen his stuff?

besides this thread is about Christian. You do agree this guy needs to get his stuff or a refund asap? cause then thats something we can both agree on.
Old 07-11-2009, 08:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

btw what is the zpi log mani known for????? cracking right? and why do they crack? they get hot? and warp? do you think perhaps that had anything to do with this? how likely do you think it is that Todd got ahold of a used ZPI mani? and what condition do you think it was in? perhaps warped? on top of thes fabing variances? and did we forget that MR. ZPI himself is in houston now? you dont think he brought some of his zpi stuff with him? You think iv never met the guy? or seen his stuff?

besides this thread is about Christian. You do agree this guy needs to get his stuff or a refund asap? cause then thats something we can both agree on.

Those variances be it as it may.....are not DESIGN differences. Todd made it sound like they were Designed differently and basically using it as a crutch to by more time. That's what gets me when it boils down to it. But yes, definitely agree on the guy needing his stuff.

Eventually I'm going to come to TX....been once, but only for business. The Perfect 10 strip club has awesome Steaks amongst other things. Got in free cause my hotel shuttle guy said I was VIP....good memories...
Old 07-11-2009, 08:45 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

let me know when you do...going to turbochargers.com? couple of my boys around here go there...the only thing i like about the place is their dyno...that thing is pretty sweet.
Old 07-11-2009, 09:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

let me know when you do...going to turbochargers.com? couple of my boys around here go there...the only thing i like about the place is their dyno...that thing is pretty sweet.

Yeah, that should be one of my stops for sure. Need to say Hi to the ones who got me hooked on this stuff (still makes me wonder if that's a good thing or bad...lol).
Old 07-11-2009, 09:03 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

oh dude you have got to check out St. James....the best club ever in north houston...they got it allllllllllll.....I took out one of my boys to three of the clubs around...xtc, st. james, and ricks....xtc was rank but if you want extra they offer it and its total nude, ricks sucked cause its in the city limits (see houston city limit rules for strip clubs and youll see why i say it sucked), st. james was clean and the girls are smokin.
Old 07-11-2009, 09:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

oh dude you have got to check out St. James....the best club ever in north houston...they got it allllllllllll.....I took out one of my boys to three of the clubs around...xtc, st. james, and ricks....xtc was rank but if you want extra they offer it and its total nude, ricks sucked cause its in the city limits (see houston city limit rules for strip clubs and youll see why i say it sucked), st. james was clean and the girls are smokin.

I see you are very versed in these areas.....You just Gain 5+ cool points in my book...

Ok, so 619 days and counting...
Old 07-11-2009, 09:43 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

lmfao....i suppose..

anyways i hope that Todd gets on this ish asap. iv got a few things to order like a new turbo kit...lol...N/A sucks *****

Quick Reply: Finally Boosted!!!... Big Thanks to SL... Update and Dyno Pg. 117