Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Finally Boosted!!!... Big Thanks to SL... Update and Dyno Pg. 117

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 12:28 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

its when you need to "plain" the mounting surface (flange) to get it perfect flat and true. its done alot on heads and blocks for many reasons ( raise compression, true up a warped head, flaten the block, just a few examples. thats prolly all of em...lol)
Old 07-16-2009, 12:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

it does take long to do that.. drop it off a machine shop and should get it back same day.. depends what kind of decking is done
Old 07-16-2009, 01:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Showing up at his house is a bad idea....

Remember the last time that happened? Todd claimed someone threatened his wife. Then it was revealed the guy that went to Todd's was an older gentleman and his wife I believe....
Old 07-16-2009, 02:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Cwatz5219
Originally Posted by CarbonXe
There is no point in him going out there because the manifold isn't done. What needs to be done, is that Todd needs to find another person that can deck the manifold. How long has it been now that the manifold needed to be decked? Because right now Todd business strategy is 'Keep selling things that don't exist, keep using people that can't make things, keep going into debt.'
it's been over 2 weeks now since this manifold was being decked.

Can someone explain to me what decking the manifold means?
At least its not at the coaters?
Old 07-16-2009, 03:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

taking time off in preperation...I dont' know if I'd say that's ENTIRELY Carbon's fault.

I'll tell you what, though...Todd told my boy his kit would be done a certain day. My buddy bought a plane ticket, flew down there, got to the shop and Todd said, "It's not done"
Um...WTF? You can't pick up a phone and say "don't buy your ticket and come down cause it's not done?"

oh...and that was not even the first completion date...
Old 07-16-2009, 04:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

^^ daym.. seriously todd has to consider the situation of his customers.. if todd is busy trying to finish his deadline the customers too have their stuff of their own.. at least he tells his customers some updates so no further loss/inconvenience will be done at the customers side.. missed deadline itself causes frustrations, then because he doesnt communicate enough further damage will be done on his customers eg wasted time off, plane tickets, install shop schedule/dyno and many more.. these are not small matters...
Old 07-16-2009, 04:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

sorry to hear you boy got screwed over so badly mr meaty? I really dunno why Todd keeps on trying to keep TT going, with the standpoint of a business. The damn thing is running like crap. He needs to finish up what is on his plate ( marcials kit, christians kit, ect..) and just close up shop for a little while and regroup. All this crap is bs for sure. He needs to get TT with some money in the bank because i'm sure TT has a bank account balance of $0.00. You can't really run a business if you have no money invested in it.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

im sure he invested a good amount.. but thats prolly lost from R&D, lawsuit and mismanagement.. that the downside of running a one man team
Old 07-16-2009, 05:51 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i thought it was a guy his lawyer and two of his friends that jumped the wall in his backyard.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

what aen?
Old 07-16-2009, 12:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ace83
^^ daym.. seriously todd has to consider the situation of his customers.. if todd is busy trying to finish his deadline the customers too have their stuff of their own.. at least he tells his customers some updates so no further loss/inconvenience will be done at the customers side.. missed deadline itself causes frustrations, then because he doesnt communicate enough further damage will be done on his customers eg wasted time off, plane tickets, install shop schedule/dyno and many more.. these are not small matters...
Exactly. When I got my clutch, flywheel, motor mounts and tune at PTuning, I had everything scheduled for a Friday night install/Saturday tune. They called me up and told me they weren't sure if the clutch would get in on time (supposed to get there on Friday). So we re-scheduled for the following week, because THEY were being responsible and making sure I (the customer) was happy, even if it meant waiting another week. How would that have went down if TT was running it? "yeah all your stuff is here and done"
Old 07-16-2009, 12:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by "CarbonXe

Exactly. When I got my clutch, flywheel, motor mounts and tune at PTuning, I had everything scheduled for a Friday night install/Saturday tune. They called me up and told me they weren't sure if the clutch would get in on time (supposed to get there on Friday). So we re-scheduled for the following week, because THEY were being responsible and making sure I (the customer) was happy, even if it meant waiting another week. How would that have went down if TT was running it? "yeah all your stuff is here and done"
Ptunings CS is superb... those guys have called to follow up anytime I've ordered anything from them... even when I ordered something as simple as a donut gasket, they called to ask if I recieved it and if the fit was up to par...
Old 07-16-2009, 02:09 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by tC_2NeR
If I win the lotto, I'm going to order a Dezod kit, PTuning kit and TT kit just to compare the vast shipping differences.
dezod: 3 weeks
ptuning: 3 weeks
TT: 3 years lmao (oh but wait the quality is great!....uhm yeah thats why i was draggin my pipes on the ground like an Ape drags his knuckles.)
We are more like 1 week or less. We have been waiting on some oil pan fittings for the past 3 weeks.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
If I win the lotto, I'm going to order a Dezod kit, PTuning kit and TT kit just to compare the vast shipping differences.
TT: 3 years lmao (oh but wait the quality is great!....uhm yeah thats why i was draggin my pipes on the ground like an Ape drags his knuckles.)
We are more like 1 week or less. We have been waiting on some oil pan fittings for the past 3 weeks.
hey Paul what type of fitting do I need to tap the oil pan? This is for a zpi kit if that helps.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:45 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by Cwatz5219
Originally Posted by paul_dezod
hey Paul what type of fitting do I need to tap the oil pan? This is for a zpi kit if that helps.
Not sure what ZPI did as their default, but you can use the same pan fitting we do.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Hey guys, give Todd a break. He has been working really hard on the twin turbo kit. (rolls eyes)

Be sure to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Todd is a compulsive liar and something needs to be done about his poor business practices.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

reminds me of ikona..has plenty of money to R&D and produce a whole new product yet claims he does not have the money for refunds..lmao
Old 07-16-2009, 04:52 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

thats it turbo toyotas reputation is officially out the window, not like it hasnt been already in the past 2 yrs lol lets jus hope noone is dumb enough to continue buying from him
Old 07-16-2009, 05:00 PM
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by rosedaleny806
thats it turbo toyotas reputation is officially out the window, not like it hasnt been already in the past 2 yrs lol lets jus hope noone is dumb enough to continue buying from him
dude honestly I feel sorry for the guy... he probably wanted to established his company really fast and took up way to many projects that he thought he could handle... the main reason christian is mad is all the false promise that he received from him. Todd should just drop all of the BS and tell him the TRUTH
Old 07-16-2009, 05:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by THansenite
Hey guys, give Todd a break. He has been working really hard on the twin turbo kit. (rolls eyes)
signature this anyone?

Quick Reply: Finally Boosted!!!... Big Thanks to SL... Update and Dyno Pg. 117