Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Finally Boosted!!!... Big Thanks to SL... Update and Dyno Pg. 117

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 04:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

I also want to know what company allows "payments" of turbo parts? I find that a little crazy.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:46 PM
Scikotics
SL Member

how come you didn't post the next text you got from him???
Old 08-05-2009, 06:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Exodus
how come you didn't post the next text you got from him???
orly
Old 08-05-2009, 08:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Y is he even still in business. I just attempted to place an order for $#its and giggles and it was about to go through
Old 08-05-2009, 08:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

[quote=ESEMRFOZZ13;3248375]are you aware of government agencies that go after internet fraud claims. if he thought he was broke, than you should show him what it really means, lawsuit and grand theft should be looked into, plus interest on money. he may be trying to pass the time frame you have to file a claim, how he gets the money is not your problem, and you dont have to wait for him to sell it either, thats his personel problem. this is why i work very well with street justice. does anyone no what the time frame is that christian can still do something about it legally.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think you should file a claim as well even tho your parts might come in still you have waited way to long. plus he used your money on other things not on your Turbo Kit yeah you should file something.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:51 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Martillo_Azul
Y is he even still in business. I just attempted to place an order for $#its and giggles and it was about to go through
you cant order from the website....it will look like it went through but it never does.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:51 AM

Hello everyone....

I would first like to say I am sorry to hear of all the issues regarding TT. I recently got my turbo done for my XA by this company and let me say I understand what everyone is going through excluding the individual that has waited this long for his product. I also want o apologize for the long post. I was sent to TT for my setup in my XA and felt really good about my decision to do this to my car. I dropped my car off to him in April 2009 and was promised the kit that was offered. I also was promised that it would only take 2.5 weeks to complete. I paid for everything up front so there was no issue with money. The first week went well as he was building my setup and stuff was getting done. The next week it was not as good as he was waiting on parts, stuff at the coaters, etc. I was cool with that as I know things happen some times. This went on and it ran over the scheduled completion date. I contacted him and he said it was done but while tuning it a cv boot ripped and sprayed grease everywhere so he fixed this for me and then back on the tune. I was told it was done so I purchased plane tickets to go down there and the next day I called him and he said that they cant get it tuned yet and my car is just being stuborn. I end up eating the plane tickets and brushed this off. We talked some more abit later that week and he said it would be done by this day. They found the problem and everything was good to go, so I purchased plane tickets for me and 2 friends who wanted kits for there scions. We flew down and he tells me when we get to the tuners that its not tuned yet. He said just wait for a few and it will be done, so we waited and then the tuner said my clutch went out so they couldn't finish the tune. I left my car down there ands scheduled time to have the clutch put in so we could finish, I agreed to a stage 2 clutch and then rented a car to go home. I didnt here from him and I called to see what was going on and he said clutch was going in. Then later that week he said that the clutch was on order because the sent the wrong one. I had no choice but to wait and have it done. I waited and I called him and he said hey I can put it in for free but wont be able to do it for 3 weeks so I told him no and had the tuner to the work for me(cost a bit). Clutch was installed and back to tuning, I was told again car was done but just needed test drive to make sure everything is good. I was very happy about this now, then I called him the next day. He said he had to change the MAF to a blow thru setup and have it re-tuned. I told him to get the thing done and let me know. I also asked him many times what was different on my kit compared to other kits he made for XA and he said NOTHING IS DIFFERENT. He changed it up but couldn't do it right since his welder was in Ireland or something. He said that that corrected the issues and it was getting re-tuned now and that it was done. I asked him again what was different and he again gave the same answer, so I called him out on it and told him I know for a fact that stuffs different. He finally admitted to changing the following..... Turbo (smaller), IC, Piping, waste gate, BOV, and emanage to FIC (first FIC he or tuner has done on XA). Please remember I purchased the original kit he offered for my car. I end up getting way different setup that was not proven yet to perform or be correct. I also got a free custom exhaust from him that he made me just to be nice I guess and I didn't even want him to do exhaust. I guess I was a Guinna pig. I asked him if I should book tickets again and he said yes, the car is good and everything is safe. I fly down there the next day and its running and but not tuned properly. I asked him why not and him and the tuner said that its as good as its gonna get. The problem is my car but its safe and all is well. I followed him to his house to get some parts and my car is rattling, banging, smoking, running like crap. I talk to him about it and he said that he didn't have time to go over my car to fix small things (he said it was done like 4 times remember). There was holes in the intake pipe that needed plugged, wires strapped, IC pipes where hitting radiator,and framing, exhaust was hitting my floor pans, inner fender wells falling out, etc. He told me to leave it with him to finish and I said no its coming back with me. I drove it home and CEL, came on charge piping fell off on the road, black smoke, backfiring, real mess. I nursed it home and contacted him and he didn't say a word but yet talked ot others about the issue before talking to me. I decided to check it out myself and here is what I found....

2 months plus to do a kit that was only 2 weeks ruffly
Oil leaks (1/4 quart day on floor)
piping all loose
T bolts not tight I could take piping off with ease
fuel leak
exhaust melted my rear bumper and airbag (suspension)
chipped rim
Scratches on paint
exhaust mani not tight (blow by)
waste gate not bolted down tight (blow by)
no CAT on exhaust or resonator
brand new CAI he cut for parts
Engine cradle shifted 1/4 - 1/2 "
4 stage clutch instead of 2 stage
Bad TOB for clutch (paid for new one)
All diffrent parts on my kit then what I paid for
Bad tune (first FIC on XA for them , paid for emanage)
When I let off the clutch my front left of car hops real bad now????
I think my kit was SPARE parts he had in his garage
engine has a small knock now????
and the list goes on............

Basically he doesnt want to own up to any damages he caused and I have now removed my kit and its in a box on the floor. I have invested over $14,000 dollars now between.... expenses, kit, lost business, and now repairs. My car is back to normal excluding knock but is scared for now. I know that I got my product before some of you on here and im sorry but I didnt know about any of the issues on here. I just wanted to post up a small short version of my story(there's more, skipped small stuff) to let you know that I to am a victim of TT and feel very bad about my stuff getting screwed up before you all have gotten your parts. I hope and pray that none of my kit contains any parts from the individuals still waiting for theirs as I would feel horrible. I did text him the other day and told him to do everyone a favor and close shop, and don't work on another car again.... naturally no response back. I hope all works out for you all as I know i have already lost my *ss and wont recover for awhile. If anyone is thinking of using this company for a turbo please you have been warned and do not do it.

Sincerely

Chop
Old 08-06-2009, 08:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

Wow Chopper, so your the reason mine never made it to UMS for tuning...J/K...I'm sorry your xA didn't live up you your expectations...I guess it's a blessing in disguise that my little xD never finished the turbo journey...Good luck to you and hope you get things worked out...By the way, mine was the Orange xD in Todd's garage...
Old 08-06-2009, 10:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

hey, there was a new one in there. "My welder is in Ireland"
Old 08-06-2009, 12:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

he changed it up but couldn't do it right since his welder was in ireland or something.

hahaahahahahahhahahahaaahhahhaahhaaahhaahahaha
Old 08-06-2009, 12:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Wow. I can't believe what I just read. When will this ever end?
Old 08-06-2009, 12:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

When Todd throws in the towel.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
When Todd throws in the towel.

imagine this too.. were only seeing the people who post about it!

Imagine the tc twin turbo setup! Im sure thats off the coaters by now!

seriously some one should get a lawyer!
Old 08-06-2009, 01:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

this madness will never end. this guy just sucks at business
Old 08-06-2009, 02:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Notice that Todd is too embarassed to even come on here and defend himself anymore. I think he finally realized that people know he is a scam artist.

Chopper, I would totally get a lawyer and take Todd to court. Todd needs to be accountable for what he has done to all of these people in the Scion world. Though nowhere near the amount of you guys, Todd stole money from me as well. The guy needs to be punished and I think going to court is the only way to do so.

Also, everyone, be sure to log your complaints on the Better Business Bureau website.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:36 PM
Scikotics
SL Member

This got to be the most entertaining thread on SL.... you can make a movie out of this.... crush can play Todd.... Crabonxe would be a angry customer, and christian would be the patient black man.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol that is very true, a movie like that would be big in the box office due to all of the people that he has ____ed off.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by Exodus
christian would be the patient black man.
Portrayed as Morgan Freeman
Old 08-06-2009, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by YELOSUB
Wow Chopper, so your the reason mine never made it to UMS for tuning...J/K...I'm sorry your xA didn't live up you your expectations...I guess it's a blessing in disguise that my little xD never finished the turbo journey...Good luck to you and hope you get things worked out...By the way, mine was the Orange xD in Todd's garage...

Thanks..... just saying this but I am sorry I never seen your car there. It must have been at a different garage or maybe it was at the coaters.

Quick Reply: Finally Boosted!!!... Big Thanks to SL... Update and Dyno Pg. 117