Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Finally Boosted!!!... Big Thanks to SL... Update and Dyno Pg. 117

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 02:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^^^Yeah i got the GT3076r
Old 04-08-2009, 02:33 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

ahh ic yeah ace83 should be able to help ya out with that question better than i can. but you do need an oil restricter as far as i know.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Sleepermod, I have an idea of where you are coming from. I ordered an intercooler and piping through Todd a while back and would talk to him and have him say it will be shipped out that day, then two weeks later, I would call him up wondering where my parts were and he hadn't shipped it out yet (despite him telling me I would have it by a certain deadline no problem and going well past it).

Finally, I said either give me a tracking number or give me my money back. He gave me a tracking number. When it arrived, It was only half my order (no intercooler and missing several silicone bends and clamps). Todd gave me several options, one being sending it back for a full refund.

I opted for that and sent the piping back the day after I received it. He said he sent a check for the full purchase price of the kit. Well, the check never showed up so I had to call him back and this time, demanded the money was refunded to my car. He complained about it but finally complied.

A few days later, I checked my account and found only a partial refund. Most of the money was there, but not all of it. To this day, Todd hasn't given me the full refund that was promised by him (and also in his terms of service on his website), nor offered me a breakdown of exactly what "restock fees" were taken out of my refund.

It is fishy because he said the original check was for the full purchase price with no restock fees taken out of it, but my actual refund had these fees taken out. Also, his website says I am entitled to a full refund if the parts are returned within 10 days. He never gave me an invoice showing where the fees were taken from and what they were for despite my repeated asking.

I have the thread detailing everything that happened in my sig. It is funny because I am completely honest in the thread posting up everything, and despite my direct and repeaded questions to Todd, he dances around them like a ballerina.

To the original poster, I would file a complaint with your credit card company (or however you paid) and get your money back before Todd rips you off too. Go with a reputable company like Dezod or PTuning. Those guys are always easy to get ahold of, very rarely have ANY problems (with customer service or otherwise), and go the extra mile to make their customers happy.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:44 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

not this again.....dude do you have a hard on for todd or something.....jeez man give it an effing rest already....this isnt your own personal complaint thread.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by crush02342002
not this again.....dude do you have a hard on for todd or something.....jeez man give it an effing rest already....this isnt your own personal complaint thread.
Nope, I just want to warn people of the horrible experiences I had with him so they don't get ripped off.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not taking sides, but i know Tony, met him at Asylum last year and hes a great guy - he wouldnt be on here just to complain. For all involved i just wanted to make sure all are aware of whats called the mail order rule. I dont know each of you's specific situation but it is required under law that if the item cannot be shipped to you within the ORIGINAL promised ship date the seller must give you the option of a refund. It sounded like several of you requested a refund but it was denied - this is in violation of a federal law.

Heres the definition of the mail order rule just as an fyi.

Mail or Telephone Order Rule

A Federal Trade Commission rule that requires a seller to ship goods ordered by mail, phone, computer or fax to you within the time promised or, if no time was stated, within 30 days. If the seller cannot ship within that period, the seller must send you a notice with a new shipping date and give you the option of canceling your order and getting a refund.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Thanks thendawg. I actually talked with cwatz via PM and told him about that law though I couldn't remember the actual name of it. PS. I'll be at Asylum again this year. Can't miss is.

Also, you are correct that I am not here to complain idly, but to let other people know about Todd's business practices. If you don't believe me, go to the Better Business Bureau's website and look up Why Industries. On an A through F grading scale, he has a "F" rating.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

let us please respect this guys thread.. it was made to receive updates not to give feedbacks and share bad experiences.. maybe you can start a new TT feedback thread or i think blacknight has one and do the these things there.. If this goes on, this guy will stop getting updates here and the thread will be locked.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ace83
let us please respect this guys thread.. it was made to receive updates not to give feedbacks and share bad experiences.. maybe you can start a new TT feedback thread or i think blacknight has one and do the these things there.. If this goes on, this guy will stop getting updates here and the thread will be locked.
I thought the OP was looking for feedback and advice regarding his situation?
Old 04-08-2009, 04:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I originally started this post mainly for updates and to see who is still waiting but seeing how the updates have been very minimal i dont even know anymore nor do i even care what happens in this thread. I pretty much had enough
Old 04-08-2009, 04:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

no he decided to wait and let todd to work on his kit, but he still wants updates on his and wants to know about others who are waiting and what have they received.. (maybe just to check his kit and is being worked on in the order he was promised).. I know he rants/complains once in awhile but its something understandable..
Old 04-08-2009, 04:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Ok, my bad. I'll leave it be. I just wanted to let him know of my experiences with Todd. Thanks for keeping this open so he can hopefully continue to get updates.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

hope you get some good updates real soon man.. i think todd hold updates until its something good, i know thats killing you but hopefully the next one would some tracking numbers or something
Old 04-08-2009, 04:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

no he decided to wait and let todd to work on his kit, but he still wants updates on his and wants to know about others who are waiting and what have they received.. (maybe just to check his kit and is being worked on in the order he was promised).. I know he rants/complains once in awhile but its something understandable..
I feel like i have every right to rant/complain after giving someone you dont even know 6K for product that i was led to believe would be at my door steps in a few months and yet its been over a year and still nothing.

I dont want to be another person starting a complaining thread on TT. Any complaining that i need to do i will keep it via pm.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

hope you get some good updates real soon man.. i think todd hold updates until its something good, i know thats killing you but hopefully the next one would some tracking numbers or something
Yeah well i hope so, i def wont be holding my breath though. Half my team is already boosted and yet i ordered my kit way before them. I get questioned every single about my kit and you have no idea how frustrating that is cause now it makes me look like lier to my team members.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

On another note one of my team members just purchased crush's simple kit
Old 04-08-2009, 08:02 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Cwatz5219
i boxed up a little gift for you mang....ace might remember it....lol
Old 04-08-2009, 08:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Christian-

the kit comes with a restrictor, it will be already installed. All you will have to do is mount the oil feed line to it.

Regards-

Todd
Old 04-08-2009, 08:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by crush02342002
Originally Posted by Cwatz5219
i boxed up a little gift for you mang....ace might remember it....lol
Still not even a little clue?!?!?!?!

Ace help me out here lol
Old 04-08-2009, 08:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by TurboToyotas
Christian-

the kit comes with a restrictor, it will be already installed. All you will have to do is mount the oil feed line to it.

Regards-

Todd
Great.

Quick Reply: Finally Boosted!!!... Big Thanks to SL... Update and Dyno Pg. 117