Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Finally Boosted!!!... Big Thanks to SL... Update and Dyno Pg. 117

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 09:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree, Sue him. It's about the only option left. He is obviously a thief with horrible business practices. No one should wait 2 years for the product after payment unless you purchased a Ferrari.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
The thing I'm concerned about, is what is going to happen to Christians money/parts if Devildog sues the living ____ out of Todd? Since the company has no assets, Todds personal assets (cars, house, etc) will come into play. I think the only possible action right now is to sue him, and not just for the amount of money you dished out, but also the amount for your lawyer fees, 2 years of wasted time, etc.
x2
Old 08-17-2009, 09:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Cwatz5219
I'm so ____ed right now
dude yes its nice that he finally sent you something, but at this point a few things dont matter right now, you should have recieved everythig so far and god nows when your going to get the rest....i mean listen i was with you with the whole ive waited this long ish but really are yoou willing to wait another 652 more days.... all these people are right you have to do something about it
Old 08-17-2009, 09:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Change the thread title to "Thanks for NOT sending my stuff Todd and thanks for stealing my money"

Assuming it fits.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol
Old 08-17-2009, 10:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

My day has just been completely ruined.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

y is that buddy
Old 08-17-2009, 10:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by coryjames
y is that buddy
Have you not been reading? If you don't want to read I can recap.

Todd lies to Cwatz
Todd lies to Cwatz
Todd lies to Cwatz
Todd sends a box full of parts to Cwatz
Cwatz opens box to find 80% of kit missing
Day ruined.

Hopefully the future will look like

Cwatz sues Todd
Devildog sues Todd
Todd loses house for being such a scumbag.

It's over. This seriously needs to end now. Someone needs to bury Todd past the point of no return.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Have you not been reading? If you don't want to read I can recap.

Todd lies to Cwatz
Todd lies to Cwatz
Todd lies to Cwatz
Todd sends a box full of parts to Cwatz
Cwatz opens box to find 80% of kit missing
Day ruined.

Hopefully the future will look like

Cwatz sues Todd
Devildog sues Todd

It's over. This seriously needs to end now. Someone needs to bury Todd past the point of no return.

Seriously how many people has this guy screwed, just because you can make a solid product doesn't give you the right to ____ your customers, specially in poor economic times when customer service is the aspect that keeps the good companies alive and the ____ty ones fail.

DOWN with TT, Down with Todd

Lets get the Pitchforks and torches out people, its time for Old Fashion Mob Justice LOL
Old 08-17-2009, 10:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Cwatz sues Todd
Devildog sues Todd

You guys need to really hurry up and sue him before he finds out a way out of this all. He could change all of the assest he has his name, such his house, car, boat, personal bank account, and ect, to under to his wifes name or something like that. The more time you allow him, the better chance he has at winning.

Christian, I'm sorry to say but even if you got all your parts except the turbo and wgs. I doubt anything would fit without modification. I'm just being straight up with you brother. You might as well start taking his ___ to court.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:52 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

The thing I'm concerned about, is what is going to happen to Christians money/parts if Devildog sues the living ____ out of Todd? Since the company has no assets, Todds personal assets (cars, house, etc) will come into play. I think the only possible action right now is to sue him, and not just for the amount of money you dished out, but also the amount for your lawyer fees, 2 years of wasted time, etc.
Why industry is an LLC ....that means limited liability...meaning you can prolly sue the co. but not the person so whatever Todd has i doubt you would be able to get. I Had to go through all the paper work of opening up shop and thats one of the things I came accross. There are more details of it you can find online.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Crush Automotive Customs
Why industry is an LLC ....that means limited liability...meaning you can prolly sue the co. but not the person so whatever Todd has i doubt you would be able to get. I Had to go through all the paper work of opening up shop and thats one of the things I came accross. There are more details of it you can find online.
Yeah this is true if he is an LLC all his private assets are protected, But there is a catch to that, if when you purchased the product and the charge went to a personal acct and not a business acct(tied to the llc) it would not be considered a company that sold you the product but a individual.

Either way i wish you guys the best of luck getting this figured out, worst case scenario you guys can fly down to Arizona and have an old fashion blanket party and dump Todd in Mexico with no idenification LOL
Old 08-18-2009, 12:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if he isnt ALREADY in mexico, lol but no really should get on that claim before he makes it to the border
Old 08-18-2009, 12:34 AM

LLC Basics

Limited liability companies combine the best parts of partnerships and corporations.
A limited liability company (LLC) offers protection from personal liability for business debts, just like a corporation. However, unlike a corporation, which must pay its own taxes, an LLC is a pass-through tax entity: The profits and losses of the business pass through to its owners, who report them on their personal tax returns just as they would if they owned a partnership or sole proprietorship. Moreover, while setting up an LLC is more difficult than creating a partnership or sole proprietorship, running one is significantly easier than running a corporation.
Here are the main features of an LLC:
Limited Personal Liability

Like shareholders of a corporation, all LLC owners are protected from personal liability for business debts and claims. This means that if the business itself can't pay a creditor -- such as a supplier, a lender, or a landlord -- the creditor cannot legally come after an LLC member's house, car, or other personal possessions. Because only LLC assets are used to pay off business debts, LLC owners stand to lose only the money that they've invested in the LLC. This feature is often called "limited liability."
Exceptions to Limited Liability

While LLC owners enjoy limited personal liability for many of their business transactions, this protection is not absolute. This drawback is not unique to LLCs, however -- the same exceptions apply to corporations. An LLC owner can be held personally liable if he or she:
  • personally and directly injures someone
  • personally guarantees a bank loan or a business debt on which the LLC defaults
  • fails to deposit taxes withheld from employees' wages
  • intentionally does something fraudulent, illegal, or reckless that causes harm to the company or to someone else, or
  • treats the LLC as an extension of his or her personal affairs, rather than as a separate legal entity.
This last exception is the most important. If owners don't treat the LLC as a separate business, a court might decide that the LLC doesn't really exist and find that its owners are really doing business as individuals who are personally liable for their acts. To keep this from happening, make sure you and your co-owners:
  • Act fairly and legally. Do not conceal or misrepresent material facts or the state of your finances to vendors, creditors, or other outsiders.
  • Fund your LLC adequately. Invest enough cash in the business so that your LLC can meet foreseeable expenses and liabilities.
  • Keep LLC and personal business separate. Get a federal employer identification number, open up a business-only checking account, and keep your personal finances out of your LLC accounting books.
  • Create an operating agreement. Having a formal written operating agreement lends credibility to your LLC's separate existence. For more on this, see The LLC Operating Agreement.
Additional Protection: Business Insurance

A good liability insurance policy can shield your personal assets when limited liability protection does not. For instance, if you are a massage therapist and you accidentally injure a client's back, your liability insurance policy should cover you. Insurance can also protect your personal assets in the event that your limited liability status is ignored by a court.
In addition to protecting your personal assets in such situations, insurance can protect the LLC's assets from lawsuits and claims. But your LLC won't be protected if it doesn't pay its bills: Commercial insurance usually does not protect personal or corporate assets from unpaid business debts, whether or not they're personally guaranteed.

Here is a simple run down of the basics. I think he falls into this somewhere, also I am pretty sure he has no business insurance. He uses his home owners insurance to cover the business. He performs his work from hios home and therefor you might want to check with the state of AZ to see if he is legally doing business proper. He may be registered as a business elsewhere (address) and not his home. Then see if he is legally able to setup and operate manufacturing in his zoning area. Well hope this helps out abit. Also keep most of this on the DL so he cant prepare for any action being taken.

Last edited by chopper79; 08-18-2009 at 12:42 AM.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:48 AM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

I would venture to think he knows about this stuff already
Old 08-18-2009, 12:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by Crush Automotive Customs
I would venture to think he knows about this stuff already
Yeah, and you'd also think that someone who opens his/her own business would have enough ethics to not lie to their customers for 2 straight years. Sorry Crush, but I just don't see how you could possibly still stand behind him (unless you've changed your stance recently).
Old 08-18-2009, 12:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

God post chopper very informative and helpful but I think you should have pm'ed this because if todd is online he can also read it. Lol but I hope these guys take action quickly before there is no chance to slavage anything from this bad experience.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by GUNNIST14
God post chopper very informative and helpful but I think you should have pm'ed this because if todd is online he can also read it. Lol but I hope these guys take action quickly before there is no chance to slavage anything from this bad experience.
It's nothing his personal lawyer doesn't already know. Hopefully this time Todd will get the hint and won't try to keep selling kits.

If he really did close shop (which I proved that he didn't) he would take everything from his inventory, take it to eBay/classifieds and sell it. Then use that money to complete everyones kits.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:38 AM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Yeah, and you'd also think that someone who opens his/her own business would have enough ethics to not lie to their customers for 2 straight years. Sorry Crush, but I just don't see how you could possibly still stand behind him (unless you've changed your stance recently).
in all honesty... I dont agree with what has been going on but as someone who has opened up shop for himself i see his point of view much more clearly... The money, time, efforts, drawbacks, customers, workers, ect, I have seen quit a few factors and its what a good Co., shop, ect will have to go through.

I still stand behind the guy but beleave me when i say that iv asked some of the same questions as you have.

let me tell ya a little story....After i had been laidoff i talked to Todd a week later...oddly enough i didnt call him. He text me asking how things were going and if i was selling my kit (he had seen it for sale here on SL)...I wrote back that i had lost my job and needed the money. He called soon after... We talked for about an hour about ideas and turbo's and so on. I think we ended up on the subject of the dumptubes that i had made some peeps and he said that maybe i should step things up a bit and open up shop for myself. Now i had thought about doing it before but was unsure if it would work out and if i would end up hateing it. just alot of doubts went through my mind about it and i was well scared to do it. Todd gave me that little push to get me going in the right direction to open up my own biz. So i have to thank the guy for that.

So guys tell me, and i dont mean this to come off being a D-head, but what kinda person does that?
He had nothing to gain from me. Peeps make him out to be a money grubbing monster when after all the convo's iv had i really cant come to that conclusion. Now dont take it like im making him out to be a saint cause he is far from it but he is not the devil. A great biz manager...ummm NO...gets things to ya quickly...HELL NO...but the D-bag that some like to call him...not even

I will say this though, i beleave that if you dig yourself into a hole that you need to dig yourself out...He dug himself a pretty big hole and i had hoped that he would find his way out...we will just have to see.

to those that have been waiting and who still are...please dont take offense to this...I really am not here to offend anyone for that matter. Im here cause i love my car and the peeps who drive them.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

So he went out of his way for you...what about the dozen+ people he's ____ed over for time and money? 1 good deed doesn't make up for 10 bad ones. He is so deep in the hole right now, you couldn't possibly imagine him getting any deeper (he owes Christian $4,000+ worth of parts that he doesn't even come close to having and it has been almost 2 years since everything was paid for) and he just managed to dig even deeper because he's a compulsive liar. I mean honestly, Christian has been the best possible customer Todd could ask for, and Todd just continues to ____ him. What kind of scumbag has the ***** to tell someone, who has been patiently waiting for 650+ days, that the turbo kit he ordered 2 years ago is completely (minus 2 parts) shipping out. Then, just to CRUSH that guys heart by sending a few pieces (Approx 15%). Todd has single-handedly ruined Christians next few months. So to ask the same question you did, what kind of person does that? A scumbag.

Quick Reply: Finally Boosted!!!... Big Thanks to SL... Update and Dyno Pg. 117