Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Finally Boosted!!!... Big Thanks to SL... Update and Dyno Pg. 117

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 10:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

carb do the runners on your manifold line up with the holes in the flange? because cylinder 3 on my manifold is definatley not lined up. i always wanted to ask you that.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

To sum it all up.

I <3 the S2K. Always have, always will. I think it's one of the best looking cars on the market, and its design is over 10 years old.
A stock S2K is as fast as a stock Evo/STi from a roll. (slightly less whp, but A LOT less weight, around 500lbs less.)
Getting an Evo/STi for AutoX gets me nowhere but a different class and going up against faster cars than I'm currently racing, plus I'm a noob.
I'm not getting an S2K for AutoX, I'm getting it to be my toy.
I'll NEVER buy an Evo.
STi's are expensive as hell. I already went thru the WRX phase and STi's are 25k+ used, S2K's are 16. The 9K price difference could get me a PTuning turbo kit for the S2K and I could be putting 450WHP down, reliably, on pump gas with no meth, resulting in a car that would rape Z06's, and make STi's implode from embarrassment.
R32's are retardedly overpriced.
I love open air driving. My windows are almost always open, they're only closed when it's too cold.
Compared to the tC, RWD > FWD, 6-Spd > 5-Spd, Legit 2-Seater > My 2-seater, drop top > stupid glass roof, quality interior fit and finish > something that sounds like it was made in the 50s...the list goes on and on my friend. Like I said, I know I'm losing about 80WHP/140WTQ. I'm more than okay with that.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by Syldrin
carb do the runners on your manifold line up with the holes in the flange? because cylinder 3 on my manifold is definatley not lined up. i always wanted to ask you that.
No clue.

Originally Posted by Syldrin
i had a huge ___ reply typed even bigger than my last reply to the whole soul post. it was looong and i hit the back button on my mouse on accident.... so i feel ya.
That's the only thing I don't like about this forum now. You used to be able to go back and forth and it would keep your text in the reply, but now it just completely kills it off.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

how do you figure an S2k is as fast as an evo from a roll because it weighs less? the weight is already in motion so its not as big of a factor. thats the reason i can eat 600's alive on the street. if power to weight ratio came into play from a roll nothing alive would beat a turbo busa. which there are cars that do for sure.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Trap speeds for both cars are usually around 100-104MPH, stock. Evo runs low 13's, S2K runs high 13's, meaning the Evo jumps off the line faster, but the S2K catches up in the end, and would ultimately cross the line faster, same reason why most turbo tCs run high 13's@106-110. The weight is still a factor, regardless if it's in motion or not. 500lbs is a huge difference, and the power difference is only 20-30whp. You seem to be forgetting that an Evo only makes about 235WHP and it's turbo. The weight difference is huge, the power difference is small, and the S2K has a big upper hand in terms of throttle response and keeping constant power at higher RPMs. Even as fast as the Evo turbo can spool, it still loses boost when you shift and has to build it up again, and don't bring power shifting in the equation, especially when we're talking about Evo's, they have horrible transmissions.

And I find it hard to believe that you can beat 600's. Bone stock 600's are capable of running high 10's-low 11's with 120-130mph trap speeds. And I just watched a video of a 380AWHP Evo vs a 600, and the 600 absolutely wrecked the Evo.

Last edited by CarbonXe; 08-27-2009 at 11:30 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Actually, I just found out that Cobb's 05 Evo only put 227 down to the wheels.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
And I find it hard to believe that you can beat 600's. Bone stock 600's are capable of running high 10's-low 11's with 120-130mph trap speeds. And I just watched a video of a 380AWHP Evo vs a 600, and the 600 absolutely wrecked the Evo.
weight isnt that huge of a factor from a roll. also in you not believing me you're forgetting a huge factor in your problem. think of where i live.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I had an r32 and I loved it. Also we smoked a s2k on our way to ptuning the other day. He had full exhaust, intake, and pulleys. Lined up 40mph roll and he caught the business. Not that I'm hating on them or anything
Old 08-28-2009, 03:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

S2ks run mid 15s up here but they are a blast to drive
Old 08-28-2009, 03:35 AM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

hey corey did you get my pm?
Old 08-28-2009, 04:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No I didn't when was it sent? Send again
Old 08-28-2009, 04:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Wow, I just can't believe some people.

This thread is good to show people why they shouldn't do buisness with him.

I ask him before ordering how long the kit would take and was told 4-6 weeks. I told him how important this was to get on time cause I am working overseas and have very limited time in the US. I placed my order on 2 May 08. I emailed him three weeks into this kit and was told manifold, intercooler, and etc was done all that remaining was the intercooler pipes. I emailled hime again at the begining of june asking when the kit would ship and was told in a few days.

Around the 14th of June I emailed him again and now I am being told that my manifold was at the coaters (go figure) I continue to email up untill the point I leave Iraq. I told him that I do not care how much it cost but ship everything overnight and send me the invoice after cause I would be home and now I have less than one day to install everything to get to the tuners. Of course this went on for days then turned into weeks which then turned into months.

I have all of the emails from this BS. I can't tell you how many lies I was told but I can go through my emails and sort a lot out. I didn't actually receive this kit until mid Dec 08.

This was the issues that had to be resolved:

MAF was welded incorrectly, had to change
TIAL wastegate had a tear in the diaprahm. (I told Todd to change to a higher spring rate)
Two IC pipes were too short
IC support was horrible
Turbo didn't come with gaskets
DP didn't bolt up to turbo
Metal shavings in IC
No oil pan came with it and we agreed that if I paid 125 extra it would well it didn't
None of my parts was coated as they should have been (intercooler and manifold)
I ask for a refund of intercooler not being coated and get 50 bucks his website showed 100 for the coating.
This is just to name a few of the issues.

And people dare to defend him.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:32 AM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

nobody is defending Todds actions...not even me...

the reason i posted what i did before (rules) was that i kinda felt you guys are overtaken this thread when its not helping out cwatts...idk i just feel really bad about how this is playing on him and i really wish there was more i could do for him.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

I say lets start up Christians PTUNING Turbo kit fund raiser. He could sell the current stuff he has from Todd, and put it towards the kit. He could probably get oh, 800 bucks out of what he has gotten from Todd. I would donate for sure. Christian cruising around in a PTUNING Kit with a huge smile on his face is what I see in his future.

I personally wouldn't even put the TT kit on, its just going to cause more frustration and agony because it won't fit, and you will have a nightmare tuning it. If I remember correctly, no one could tune the two wastegates properly on the twin scroll mani.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by coryjames
S2ks run mid 15s up here but they are a blast to drive
Exactly. They're just like the Miata and Mini Cooper, they're like...over sized go-karts.

Originally Posted by Cwatz5219
I had an r32 and I loved it. Also we smoked a s2k on our way to ptuning the other day. He had full exhaust, intake, and pulleys. Lined up 40mph roll and he caught the business. Not that I'm hating on them or anything
I wouldn't doubt it, I already said my car is a lot faster than an S2K, but you would have equally killed an Evo. I'm not saying the S2K is blazing fast, it's not, but it's not like I'm going from a boosted tC to an auto tC. I actually wouldn't doubt that the S2K would be MUCH faster than my tC for AutoX considering the tC is wrong wheel drive.

Anyway, back on topic lol. Go spam my partout thread if you want to further discuss it.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

looks TT is officially down.. the site doesnt exist anymore dont know since when
Old 08-28-2009, 02:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Works for me.

http://www.turbotoyotas.com/store/
Old 08-28-2009, 03:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

The funny thing is that i was planning on buying another kit from him last year for my girls car. Maybe if i had sent him the money for her kit i would've gotten my kit sooner but then she would've been in the same situation
Old 08-28-2009, 03:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

lol yea. Well he sold that one kit to the xB and from my understanding, it was a used 'test fit' kit, which means it's been sitting around so it didn't cost any money to make right now, but Todd should have netted over $2,000 from that. That's more than enough to pay off your turbo and wastegates.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

That's what i was assuming but guess not. I've done nothing to this guy i don't understand why i keep getting ____ed by him. I just want my stuff and as God is my witness this would all be over

Quick Reply: Finally Boosted!!!... Big Thanks to SL... Update and Dyno Pg. 117