Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Finally turbo!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 03:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Originally Posted by brett561tc
this is the highest proven power i have ever seen zpi make on a dyno, and it was with a gt30, not a 16g. also with methanol injection.

http://www.zeropointindustries.net/f...hread.php?t=20

I am aware of ZPI's history. That example was like perhaps the very first attempt at seeing what a turbo does on a tC. Maybe you should ask Kenny why the 16G was the route taken over using that GT30 for a production kit.

I'm no expert, but I would imagine a few of the reasons would be

-cost effectiveness
-seeing things from a sales perspective = Higher return on investment vs using the larger turbo

Just a to name a few things. And seeing the volume of sales they have done and do today, I can say it was a wise decision.
there you have it folks. straight from travis' mouth. zpi cares more about turnaround #'s than performance #'s. thanks for resolving a long disputed topic here on sl.

Nice joke.
joke??? i dont think its very funny. more along the lines of sad.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

so you dont actually know of a dynosheet showing 380-400whp?? so all this talk is just assumption.
Let see, we only know of exactly 5 Built motor tC's on SL. So, you can imagine finding a dynosheet of a "dynojet" dyno for a Built motor ZPI Stage 1 (off the shelf kit) would be a little hard to come by don't you think?

Seeing as how OF those 5 that "I" know of, are on SL (discounting the rest of the world),

1 is Turbonetics

2 are running Turbo Toyota

1 a ZPI kit, but not off the shelf

And the other, Built motor ZPI kit (believe it's an off the shelf Stage 1) hasn't updated his thread in forever.
so your just assuming what it could make.

Assumption? I thought you just dynoed it?
i just dynoed a tt kit... i will say it again travis. i havent been on a dynojet.

So, what turbo kit did you have before? Stage 1 was it? When I said "just" dynoed it, I wasn't referencing "the couple of days ago" dyno. Why would I? It's not a ZPI kit. So obviously I'm talking about WHEN you dynoed the Stage 1 on your built bottom end motor. You told Whocares when asked what you dynoed on your old setup, 330whp correct? On the Mustang Dyno right?

I put in the form of questions to leave no room for "Assumptions" as mentioned.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

this is the highest proven power i have ever seen zpi make on a dyno, and it was with a gt30, not a 16g. also with methanol injection.

I am aware of ZPI's history. That example was like perhaps the very first attempt at seeing what a turbo does on a tC. Maybe you should ask Kenny why the 16G was the route taken over using that GT30 for a production kit.

-cost effectiveness
-seeing things from a sales perspective = Higher return on investment vs using the larger turbo

Just a to name a few things. And seeing the volume of sales they have done and do today, I can say it was a wise decision.
there you have it folks. straight from travis' mouth. zpi cares more about turnaround #'s than performance #'s. thanks for resolving a long disputed topic here on sl.

Nice joke.

If that was not a joke, then that is perhaps the dumbest comment I've read by you.

I have a Bachelors degree in Business, and by your definition, NONE of these companies would be here:

Walmart
DELL
Target
Toy's R US
Microsoft

And ANY other larger corporation you can think off. You have never owned a business obviously, or don't know how to run one. If cost effectiveness, strategic strategy, market growth are not apart of your business model, then I guess you would be like a turbo kit companies that sell kits out Mom's garage
Old 07-28-2007, 03:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So, what turbo kit did you have before? Stage 1 was it? When I said "just" dynoed it, I wasn't referencing "the couple of days ago" dyno. Why would I? It's not a ZPI kit. So obviously I'm talking about WHEN you dynoed the Stage 1 on your built bottom end motor. You told Whocares when asked what you dynoed on your old setup, 330whp correct? On the Mustang Dyno right?

"yeah, i've got a response... uhhhhh what?"-geico caveman

i want to see an actual dynojet sheet of a stage 1 making 380-400whp like you claim. unless you can show me one, im going to be a little skeptical of your statement. but if you can show me one then i'll agree with you. and before you try and use me as an example again, i have never dynoed on a dynojet!!!
Old 07-28-2007, 03:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

-cost effectiveness

Nice joke.

If that was not a joke, then that is perhaps the dumbest comment I've read by you.

I have a Bachelors degree in Business, and by your definition, NONE of these companies would be here:

Walmart
DELL
Target
Toy's R US
Microsoft

And ANY other larger corporation you can think off. You have never owned a business obviously, or don't know how to run one. If cost effectiveness, strategic strategy, market growth are not apart of your business model, then I guess you would be like a turbo kit companies that sell kits out Mom's garage
thats funny, cause theres plenty of other companies selling larger frame turbokits and doing just fine. but since you have a degree in business, i must yeild to your vastly superior wisdom.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Let see, we only know of exactly 5 Built motor tC's on SL.
1. brett
2. 318_tc
3. jester
4. dyltone
5. tcfun4me
6. nu_era
7. dagreat1
8. etsnet (soon)
9. munch
10. unvdistc
11. mikescion

...thats all i can think of right now

1. brett (Use to be ZPI built motor turbo kit)
2. 318_tc (Not ZPI built motor turbo kit)
3. jester (ZPI NON-off the shelf)
4. dyltone (car doesn't even run)
5. tcfun4me (Not ZPI built motor turbo kit)
6. nu_era (Not ZPI built motor turbo kit)
7. dagreat1 (Not ZPI built motor turbo kit)
8. etsnet (Not ZPI built motor turbo kit)
9. munch (Not ZPI built motor turbo kit)
10. unvdistc (guy I was talking about that hasn't updated his thread in forever, built motor ZPI kit, but no recent updates with a dyno)
11. mikescion (ZPI NON-off the shelf)

You are asking for a dyno sheet of a Built Motored Off the shelf ZPI Stage 1 kit (16G) using a Dyno Jet dyno machine. Now exactly Which one of those 11 listed "FIT" that exact requirement?
Old 07-28-2007, 03:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

its getting here.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

-cost effectiveness

Nice joke.

Walmart
DELL
Target
Toy's R US
Microsoft

thats funny, cause theres plenty of other companies selling larger frame turbokits and doing just fine. but since you have a degree in business, i must yeild to your vastly superior wisdom.

Oh, name them that rivals ZPI's volume for Scion specific parts? Turbonetics for example, even though they are more than Scion specific......Large Corporation, strategic market share, business executives making business decisions. Did they start that way, no. How do you get that way?

What's "doing just fine" mean to you. 2 kits sold? 12 kits sold? 350 kits sold?
Old 07-28-2007, 03:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You are asking for a dyno sheet of a Built Motored Off the shelf ZPI Stage 1 kit (16G) using a Dyno Jet dyno machine. Now exactly Which one of those 11 listed "FIT" that exact requirement?
quote me where i asked for a dynosheet of a "built motor off the shelf zpi stage 1 kit". im asking for any dynojet sheet that shows the power levels you stated. if you dont konw of any, then just admit it. otherwise...

Old 07-28-2007, 03:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

i want to see an actual dynojet sheet of a stage 1 making 380-400whp like you claim. unless you can show me one, im going to be a little skeptical of your statement. but if you can show me one then i'll agree with you. and before you try and use me as an example again, i have never dynoed on a dynojet!!!

Sounds like the POT calling the Kettle Black...

well i went to japtrix this morning to tune the car. the results were 370whp and 366ftlbs. this was on a mustang dyno. on a dynojet it would have been 426whp. tuned on basic e-manage at 18 psi. track #'s, and vids comming soon.

So, what was your point in adding that little tid bit of it being 426whp on a dynojet. Guess I should just treat you the same way. You don't have a 426whp car till you actually dyno it on a dynojet. So, you shouldn't have made that comment then.

I'm done...Peace.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

quote me where i asked for a dynosheet of a "built motor off the shelf zpi stage 1 kit". im asking for any dynojet sheet that shows the power levels you stated. if you dont konw of any, then just admit it. otherwise...

Signs of weakness on your part when one results to direct bashing of the other.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow! It only took 1 post from travis for an official zpi thread jack. That's gotta be some kinda record! if that was also your first post of the day, that would be awesome!
Funny thing is, it wasn't even a zpi bash that you commented on! The posted just commented on HIS PERSONAL possible potential with the 16g!
Old 07-28-2007, 03:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sounds like the POT calling the Kettle Black...

well i went to japtrix this morning to tune the car. the results were 370whp and 366ftlbs. this was on a mustang dyno. on a dynojet it would have been 426whp. tuned on basic e-manage at 18 psi. track #'s, and vids comming soon.

So, what was your point in adding that little tid bit of it being 426whp on a dynojet. Guess I should just treat you the same way. You don't have a 426whp car till you actually dyno it on a dynojet. So, you shouldn't have made that comment then.

I'm done...Peace.
thats just an asumption by me. in no way does it make it true, its just a geuss. just like your 380-400whp on a 16g.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
Wow! It only took 1 post from travis for an official zpi thread jack. That's gotta be some kinda record! if that was also your first post of the day, that would be awesome!
Funny thing is, it wasn't even a zpi bash that you commented on! The posted just commented on HIS PERSONAL possible potential with the 16g!

And the funny thing is "ZPI customers" are the ones that are the fanboys and like to start trouble. Interesting how that works. Did I start bashing and calling BS. If this had been a NON-ZPI related turbo kit thread, NONE of this would have ever been questioned.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if i was bashing you you would know it.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

if i was bashing you you would know it.

Signs of weakness in your argument.

Peace, Love and Happiness be to all. Holla.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Signs of weakness in your argument.

Peace, Love and Happiness be to all. Holla.
if thats what you want to call it.
Old 07-28-2007, 05:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Travis every thread u post in=arguements! doesnt that tell u somtin
Old 07-28-2007, 06:12 PM
Banned
SL Member

No 16G on a 2AZFE (without NOS) will run 380+ whp on any brand dyno ever. I think that covers it all... oh wait, there's one more thing...

Travis, my motor is getting installed TODAY, it will be running TONIGHT just because you said my car doesn't run.

Old 07-28-2007, 06:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

^^ lol you got a nice stage 2 vid there haha good thing i didnt get my popcorn while watching

Quick Reply: Finally turbo!