Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Finally turbo!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 06:33 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ace83
^^ lol you got a nice stage 2 vid there haha good thing i didnt get my popcorn while watching
Thanks!
Old 07-28-2007, 08:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Dyltone
No 16G on a 2AZFE (without NOS) will run 380+ whp on any brand dyno ever. I think that covers it all... oh wait, there's one more thing...

Travis, my motor is getting installed TODAY, it will be running TONIGHT just because you said my car doesn't run.

Hopefully its tuned, and you dont go race 30 people and blow the car up.....again
Old 07-28-2007, 08:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Whocares05050
No 16G on a 2AZFE (without NOS) will run 380+ whp on any brand dyno ever. I think that covers it all... oh wait, there's one more thing...

Travis, my motor is getting installed TODAY, it will be running TONIGHT just because you said my car doesn't run.

Hopefully its tuned, and you dont go race 30 people and blow the car up.....again
im sure if its tuned locally to him he wont have climate changing issues again and lose the tune...it seems to me though like he blew that motor quickly due to running way to much timing. The piston rings never stood a chance and add that with the weather change it was a dangerous combination.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Simplyscion

im sure if its tuned locally to him he wont have climate changing issues again and lose the tune...it seems to me though like he blew that motor quickly due to running way to much timing. The piston rings never stood a chance and add that with the weather change it was a dangerous combination.
I know. Hopefully AJ knows im just messing with him.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Simplyscion

I know. Hopefully AJ knows im just messing with him.
yea, I figured you were just messing with him, I was just implying that I think the advanced timing was mainly the culprit of his motor blowing...not just him racing people like crazy, which leads me to believe that kenny wasnt to strong with tuning the timing tables back in the day
Old 07-28-2007, 09:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

IDK, i doubt it. i think it had alot to do with the car running overly rich.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:29 PM
Banned
SL Member

I don't think there are 30 ZPI cars left for me to race so I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I don't think there are 30 ZPI cars left for me to race so I wouldn't worry too much about it.
I ment:

SRT-4
EVO
STI

so on....
Old 07-28-2007, 09:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

DAMN! I knew you would be running before me. How's the axles? I'm thinking no on getting them if it's gonna take so long. I'm tired of waiting 3+ months for things to get done. Really, how long I'm I supposed to keep this car, till I'm 40?

Let us know when you are driving around and go to the track, I want to take a look at that beast.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by 318_tC

Travis every thread u post in=arguements! doesnt that tell u somtin

Yeah, it tells me that the Bandwagon riders are in full force. And that you can't fix stupid.

No 16G on a 2AZFE (without NOS) will run 380+ whp on any brand dyno ever. I think

ut the 16G being capable of 380-400whp ball park range.
Maybe you should tell that to your friend.

Originally Posted by Brett
well the dyno today was fun. i came with slicks and was still burning tires on the dyno. we let air out of the slicks to 9psi. finally the tires hooked. when that happened my stage 4 clutch sliped real bad. my tuner said that until i get a better clutch and lsd, he wont be able to get an acurate reading on what kind of #'s im really laying down. my best run that the dyno showed was on 16psi with the tires sliping. made 343whp, and 347lbsft. witch on a dynojet would be about 394whp and 399lbsft. and again thats with tires sliping. im gonna go to the track still and see what time i can get. the car is pushing 18 psi. im hoping if i can feather the launch, and run about 14psi in the tires, then maybey i can get 11's and not destroy my clutch.
MAN, if I had a dime for every Two-faced, Bandwaggin riding, Fake person on SL, I would have a 10sec right now. Now that you have the larger turbo now, you got the "I'm better" head now, and want to call BS on me for making a statement about the capability of the 16G to a customer who already is boosted. Bragging about how your car jump the rollers when you had the Stage 1 on it, and now magically anything ZPI mentioned turns into a "That's BS". You still running that Stage 3 built bottom end in your car right? Where did you buy that again? OOOhh....Yeah that's right ZPI. Damn...would have never guessed for you to be such a weak minded individual to stoop that low, and try to nit pick.

What will you say now.....Oh, right, more just speculations on my part, and I have no credibility until I got hard proof right. And yet you felt it was necessary to defend your new numbers when Paul_Dezod made this comment...

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty

I didnt' realize how large the descrepensy was between dynojet's and mustangs. My shop has a dynojet, so mine may look mor impressive then it really is!
Now GET TO THE TRACK!
I would not take that as fact by any means. We are internet bench racing here. Stick with the numbers you have on the dyno you have Brett. Makes EVERYTHING more credible.

Congrats again!
Originally Posted by Brett
this dyno does read low paul. i'll get a run on a dynojet when i get some more $ just to prove it.
Originally Posted by brett561tc
Originally Posted by paul_dezod
Originally Posted by brett561tc
What did you put down with your old setup @ 18 psi?
330ish on the same dyno.

this dyno does read low paul. i'll get a run on a dynojet when i get some more $ just to prove it.
They do read low. No disputing that, but I do not think it will be that much of a difference.
thats a 15% difference. and like i said i didnt take it up all the way to redline. that car is deffinetly over 400whp on a dynojet. but in all honesty my track #'s will speak for themselvs.

Fake Two-faced people, who twist words around to suit their objectives......Dime a Dozen on here.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

^^ dime a dozen is true

sick and tired of fanboys, sick and tired of fake people, sick and tired of bashers, and to add to that i hate people that post numbers that arent true,

I ONLY BELIEVE WHAT THE DYNO SHEET SAYS, OTHER THAN THAT I DONT BELEIVE IT.

Your car ran what 330?? thats what it is then
Old 07-28-2007, 11:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Says 343
Old 07-29-2007, 12:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

ok, 343 my bad, but not 400+ like he said
Old 07-29-2007, 12:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

It dosnt really matter what you dyno anyhow. Its what the car runs in the 1320.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:51 AM
Banned
SL Member

343 was on the ZPI kit, 370 on the TT kit same dyno, same injectors and engine management.

That being said, the 343 dyno was trailing off after 5700 till the dyno stopped at 6k.

The new kit still climbs hard right up to the 6k cut.

*** If you follow the linear line on the second graph you could guess about 400 WHP at 6500.

**** This implies that the TT kit makes between 40 - 50 WHP more than the ZPI kit in at redline.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

...and you wonder why so many guys stop posting on here after they get their kits on and running good.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the only reason im running a zpi block is because i didnt do enough reserach back then. when i got back home after having the all mighty zpi install it. i had 2 quarts of oil left. the mechanic at the dealership said that the rear main seal was leaking, the bell housing was being held on by 3 bolts, the oil pan was missing bolts, and whoever installed the engine had no idea what they were doing.

all i did was ask you to show me a dyno sheet of the power numbers that you claimed. you couldnt do it. so how am i wrong in saying that it was an assumption on your part? and when did i say that a zpi kit wouldnt jump the rollers on a dyno? also when did i say i was better than anybody?? i've never had that mindset (exept when it comes to you).

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Signs of weakness on your part when one results to direct bashing of the other.
and you have the nerve to call me two faced

have fun trying to hype zpi every chance you get, and fixing that blown motor of yours.

but in all seriousness. let me know if you can ever back up your statement with a dyno sheet, and i'll do the same.

now if you'll exscuse me, i have to go have fun in my working car. bye. :D
Old 07-29-2007, 04:32 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Damn, this is good stuff, keep it going.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:03 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

2 are running Turbo Toyota
Umm. 1 is running a TT kit and the other (Jeff who is just running their mani and downpipe, but all else is Dezod)