Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Florida Shop and Tuners??

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 08:42 AM
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member

Originally Posted by SoFloTC
how much would a tranny swap run like 4 grand lol.. and the headaches that would come with that!
Here's what mine cost. Note I have to use an alternative flywheel for my motor.

Notes:
    To get the stock Auto cable out and the factory cable in you have to have the engine out of the car unless you're skinny enough to get behind the engine. You also have to remove atleast the lower dash, and an A/C component.. again if you can fit behind the engine you are probably exempt from this step.. but someone that skiny couldn't break the bolts loose.

If you are swapping the transmission you might as well drop the LSD in while your at it.

Then I have like $600 into my new clutch/flywheel set up (Fid/spec setup). The prices above may vary, but that's what I paid when I lived in Ohio. I may be forgetting an item or two.

For a transmission swap you're looking at probably 15-20hours of labor if not more, we did mine with the engine out of the car during the swap so I couldn't give you a precise time frame. Prices vary by location for labor.. but it can get expensive if you don't want to/know how to do it yourself.
    Old 03-23-2008, 02:02 PM
    10 Year Member
    5 Year Member
    Scikotics
    SL Member

Originally Posted by etsnet
    Originally Posted by jaxtcracer
    Originally Posted by Yankee21
    Titan in Orlando...
    NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    why not Titan? they have more experience tuning Toyotas than CFT
    I dropped $2K for them to install my **** back when I first got it. I get it back and someone on here says the dyno run looked like the base map. I call them up and find they didn't tune my car but I paid for it. They did give me the money back for not tuning and it was installed right but to send a customer out of your shop without tuning when they pay for it is . Not to mention I could of had some fiends do it and got the same results. I drove the car an 1 1/2hrs just so one of the supposed "best" can get it done right.

Don't get me wrong they put out some good stuff but there's more then a few stories like this about them. It's like if you don't have a supra forget about it, it's hit or miss.
    oh, ok. that sucks in your situation man! that's really dumb what they did. when i went to them for tuning, i drove 2 and a half hours from jacksonville haha.. i would have been by the dyno the whole time, so they couldn't have slapped a base map on mine without me noticing! other issues prevented tuning at that time, though, so i'm still driving around on a pig-rich tune
    Old 03-24-2008, 10:04 PM
    5 Year Member
    OhioScions
    SL Member

I dropped $2K for them to install my **** back when I first got it. I get it back and someone on here says the dyno run looked like the base map. I call them up and find they didn't tune my car but I paid for it. They did give me the money back for not tuning and it was installed right but to send a customer out of your shop without tuning when they pay for it is . Not to mention I could of had some fiends do it and got the same results. I drove the car an 1 1/2hrs just so one of the supposed "best" can get it done right.

Don't get me wrong they put out some good stuff but there's more then a few stories like this about them. It's like if you don't have a supra forget about it, it's hit or miss.
    Who were you dealing with at Titan? That is if you don't mind me asking..
    Old 03-25-2008, 01:26 AM
    10 Year Member
    5 Year Member
    Scikotics
    SL Member

Originally Posted by ChicagosFinest

Who were you dealing with at Titan? That is if you don't mind me asking..
    The day I dropped it off it was Nero. When I picked it up a week later there was no one there but a few sales people or whoever on the phones. Most people were in Las Vegas for Semi I believe it was. There was a Sean who I think did the work on it. He was supposed to be there when I picked up the car and go over everything with me. He called in sick that day (a friday, while the boss is away the works play lol). Anyway I got some guy looking all over the place for my keys, I get them and go. I delt with Nero afterwards. He seemed cool about how he handled things which was good but I would recommend them. With my experience and a few others I heard it's not the place to bring anything other then Supras.
    Old 04-16-2008, 08:12 PM
    10 Year Member
    5 Year Member
    SL Member

anyone know brett561's number? he doesnt answer pm's at all lol. trying to see if he has time on sat/sunday to do install but he isnt around. dont feel like leaving her at a shop for a whole week.
    Old 04-16-2008, 08:16 PM
    SL Member

also would like contact info for brett, Im about to order all my turbo setup and start installation!
    Old 04-16-2008, 08:17 PM
    10 Year Member
    5 Year Member
    SL Member

brett is hard man to reach... answers 1 outta 10 pm's lol.
    Old 04-16-2008, 08:23 PM
    10 Year Member
    5 Year Member
    Trader
    SL Member

any places in Broward County, maybe even miami that can tune AEM FI/C and has a good rep?
    Old 04-16-2008, 08:25 PM
    10 Year Member
    5 Year Member
    SL Member

Japtrix is the top runner in south florida i believe but i dont want to leave my car for over a week or 2 and have it cost over 1000 bucks...

brett does install fairly cheap if u can reach him.
    Old 04-16-2008, 10:09 PM
    10 Year Member
    5 Year Member
    Scikotics
    SL Member

anyone know brett561's number? he doesnt answer pm's at all lol. trying to see if he has time on sat/sunday to do install but he isnt around. dont feel like leaving her at a shop for a whole week.
    PM'd

Hope you don't mind Brett, just trying to help both you out.
    Old 04-17-2008, 02:00 AM

why is titan motor sports so bad?
    Old 04-17-2008, 01:13 PM
    10 Year Member
    5 Year Member
    SL Member

Japtrix is now sending there customers to HorsePower Logic In Rivier Beach?

i had called them today and they directed me to them. Wonder whats going on?
    Old 04-17-2008, 01:37 PM
    10 Year Member
    5 Year Member
    Scikotics
    SL Member

Japtrix is now sending there customers to HorsePower Logic In Rivier Beach?

i had called them today and they directed me to them. Wonder whats going on?
    Nothing, it's the same place really. They share an office and the install side is Japtrix and the tuning/dyno is HP Logic. Jack and Roger (one of two Roger's) do the HP Logic and Jack's dad Roger is over in the Japtrix side. They are both in the same place.
    Old 04-17-2008, 01:40 PM
    10 Year Member
    5 Year Member
    SL Member

ya i talked to roger... my tune is scheduled for tuesday but.. im just scared to drive with the basemap on .. esp. auto cuz arent we always in boost or something like that?
    Old 04-17-2008, 02:07 PM
    10 Year Member
    5 Year Member
    Scikotics
    SL Member

ya i talked to roger... my tune is scheduled for tuesday but.. im just scared to drive with the basemap on .. esp. auto cuz arent we always in boost or something like that?
    No not always in boost. Just don't step on the gass hard and you will be fine. You can go fast just don't get to fast speeds fast if that makes sense. Like don't get to 0-60mph in 5secs, take more like 15secs+ to get there and you will be fine.

Did you get Brett?
    Old 04-17-2008, 02:11 PM
    10 Year Member
    5 Year Member
    SL Member

yep brett will be installing on sunday and were gonna try and put the basemap on aswell as the injectors. cant do the gauges tho so ill have those done monday. hopefully nothing goes wrong driving to and from school.