Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

which fmc or standalone

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 08:35 PM
Scikotics
SL Member

Default which fmc or standalone

im tryin to get the max out of my s/c, i know with the price im throwing down i could get twice the power with turbo but after i get down maxing it out i can still use most parts on the turbo setup. but anyways im looking to put the stage 2 cams, water/meth, 14 psi pulley, and know im stuck on which managment, this is y im askin u guys. which would be best, aem, emanage, or ?
Old 09-27-2009, 09:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I would think the Ultimate since it can increase the RPMS. The S/C is centrifugal thus making it's power at redline. So, it perhaps can benefit from more RPMS. Other than that, go standalone Hydra, Haltech and AEM are the Standalone units out there.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

problem w/ tweaking your s/c setup though is when it breaks its hard to get parts.. but yeah I would recommend hydra or wait a lil bit till the haltech standalone from ptuning comes out
Old 09-27-2009, 09:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

my friend already has the haltech standalone. is ptuning the only one selling it? his tuner said he knew a guy and that's how he got it? ive seen it its the haltech
Old 09-27-2009, 09:20 PM
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ace83
problem w/ tweaking your s/c setup though is when it breaks its hard to get parts.. but yeah I would recommend hydra or wait a lil bit till the haltech standalone from ptuning comes out
r u talking about the s/c itself cuz i already upgraded the bearings and shaft so nothen should really break
Old 09-27-2009, 09:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by goodguy889
r u talking about the s/c itself cuz i already upgraded the bearings and shaft so nothen should really break
cool should be good to go, interesting to see how much you would make w/ s/c and some power adders.

Originally Posted by weezyfbayba
my friend already has the haltech standalone. is ptuning the only one selling it? his tuner said he knew a guy and that's how he got it? ive seen it its the haltech
what car does he have.. ptuning is only the one configuring one for the tc including the plug and play.. it takes a lot of tech knowledge to have generic standalone box work on a certain car, unless haltech made it specific for the tc
Old 09-27-2009, 09:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

he has a tc. rs1 ive seen the box say's haltech on it
Old 09-27-2009, 09:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Found a Haltech standalone already out for the TC
http://www.staticxmotorsports.com/ha...hb-freesh.aspx
Old 09-27-2009, 10:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

i guess they finally came up with one, thats interesting.. im not sure if its the exact box ptuning has.. or its fully configured or not
Old 09-27-2009, 10:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I tried to actually check on Haltech's website, but it keeps telling me it is down. Now I am curious what the difference in the Ptuning Haltech box is
Old 09-27-2009, 10:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 2006bluetc
I tried to actually check on Haltech's website, but it keeps telling me it is down. Now I am curious what the difference in the Ptuning Haltech box is
They probably created a plug n' play harness.. and contribute with a Scion specific base map.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

yup that's exactly what his looks like
Old 09-27-2009, 10:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 2006bluetc
Found a Haltech standalone already out for the TC
http://www.staticxmotorsports.com/ha...hb-freesh.aspx
This is a universal ecu that includes just a wire in yourself Haltech harness. It is not PnP in any way. It would be no different than trying to make an Autronic or Motec ecu work with the tC. It can be done, but will not be easy to do. Our Haltech standalone ecu will use a newer Haltech ecu box and will be plug and play.

Our Haltech standalone ECU will be factory backed by Haltech and just as importantly, by PTUNING. This means that we will offer full Dyno tuning services as well as product support for our new ECU.

- Toan
Old 09-27-2009, 11:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ptuning_tuner
This is a universal ecu that includes just a wire in yourself Haltech harness. It is not PnP in any way. It would be no different than trying to make an Autronic or Motec ecu work with the tC. It can be done, but will not be easy to do. Our Haltech standalone ecu will use a newer Haltech ecu box and will be plug and play.

Our Haltech standalone ECU will be factory backed by Haltech and just as importantly, by PTUNING. This means that we will offer full Dyno tuning services as well as product support for our new ECU.

- Toan
Sweet thanks for clearing it up
Old 09-28-2009, 04:08 AM
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ptuning_tuner

- Toan

u wanna help see this s/c scion try and make some good numbers lol im gonna need a good tuner and help installing the cams.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

s/c will never make good number :D

i wouldnt even bother spending money on a standalone for a s/c setup.. with that money u can get a turbo kit if u sold ur s/c setup and be alot faster
Old 09-30-2009, 12:56 AM
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by SoFloTC
s/c will never make good number :D

i wouldnt even bother spending money on a standalone for a s/c setup.. with that money u can get a turbo kit if u sold ur s/c setup and be alot faster
is this is the kinda people i hate, u dont realize that a s/c can make 300+ constant power and thats more hp then half the scions on here. goin the easy route doesnt stand out. i take pride in my work and what i have done, and when it comes to having the most hp out of a s/c that most people would never thought, its gonna stand out. so go ahead and go ur easy route and look like all the turbo guys and ill go my route and stand out on both ends.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

not really, centrifugal S/Cs don't make max boost or power until redline as they are RPM based.

the tq that comes when a turbo spools >>> the S/C still trying to wind up

Plus with a S/C there is FAR more parasitic loss. And the ceiling boost level on the TRD S/C is far lower than that of a quality turbo with a proper cooling system. Given aftermarket bearings will help, but going over the 14 psi or even 12 psi pulley is nearly unfeasible as they are already REALLY small. But you could change the crank pulley, which up to now, is not supported for raising boost as an under drive would lessen the boost

Last edited by Steventc07; 09-30-2009 at 01:23 AM.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

I like s/cs as well, I love other setups other than turbo.. the trd s/c is just weak and disappointing gains, but having it rebuilt to be stronger and tuned w/ better and full control im sure will gain more.. Its gonna be limited though coz there is nothing much to modify on charger to build more boost or flow more air unlike turbo.. i would want to see a standalone tune a s/c
Old 09-30-2009, 02:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by goodguy889
is this is the kinda people i hate, u dont realize that a s/c can make 300+ constant power and thats more hp then half the scions on here. goin the easy route doesnt stand out. i take pride in my work and what i have done, and when it comes to having the most hp out of a s/c that most people would never thought, its gonna stand out. so go ahead and go ur easy route and look like all the turbo guys and ill go my route and stand out on both ends.

While I commend you on being optimistic. It's not reality man.

Quick Reply: which fmc or standalone