Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

forge splitter adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 08:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default forge splitter adjustment

anybody still using the forge splitter on your supercharger tc? How many clicks do you have it set at?

i got mine yesterday and i was curious to how you guys/gals have your settings at. Originally i had it set at 8 clicks, drove around alittle and then set it to 12 clicks. It seems like around 3.5k RPMs i start to hear the air escape from the splitter.

i thought that the swoosh-ing noise only occurs during a shift at high RPMs? Or am i wrong? I'm going to give it a good 12 more clicks in hopes that the air won't be leaking out so early.

i searched already so don't post something stupid asking me to search. i read from a thread that 25 clicks is somewhat equal to yellow springs? i've had the forge 007 and that was the spring color i used.

my current setup:

06 supercharger
headers
NST 9.5 pulley w/ gates belt
Old 04-21-2008, 04:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

anybody?

i set it to 16 clicks and the Splitter is still leaking air at 3.5k rpms this isn't fun anymore..
Old 04-21-2008, 06:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Keep clicking. I thought someone said it took them like 30 some odd clicks. Search I know its there. Look for Hybrid BPV's in the search box.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

cool, thanks kik. i read the main 3 threads of the splitter but i didnt search for hybrid bpv.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Hamster
SL Member

It will always bleed in partial boost situations, thats just how it works.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

so no matter how tight i adjust the valve, it will always be hissing when i hit about the 3.5k RPMs?

Since that issue is now deemed as 'normal' i wonder how many clicks i should really have it at then?

i tried the 30 clicks and it works better than the 8, 12, 24 clicks. I'm tempted to do 45 clicks to see what happens but i don't want the spring to be too stiff.

how would i know which setting is the best for boosting 9.5PSI? i have a boost gauge but i'm kinda new to the whole forced induction deal. Do i just floor it and shift at redline to see how high the boost is?
Old 04-23-2008, 03:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Hamster
SL Member

If I remember correctly I had mine at 20 something ...maybe 25 for the 7lb pulley but the chattering at idle and hissing at partial boost drove me nuts so I swapped for the 007 with two shims and the red spring
Old 04-23-2008, 03:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

:X i guess i did the reverse and started w/ the forge 007 then went to the splitter

mine doesn't chatter during idle but it does hiss like a b*tch almost all the time. damn................
Old 04-23-2008, 05:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

weird, i have a no name atmospheric i got from craigs list. Its a metal piston and spring type. It will not hiss under partial boost unless i'm in 1st gear and like 5k. 2nd gear and up won't hiss under partial boost unless right at redline.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I kept clicking now i lost count. I just set it to the point where it holds and release the pressure where i want it. Im also running the 12psi pulley so yeah its ssomething like 30 clicks lol
Old 04-23-2008, 06:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Yeah it doesnt matter how many clicks as long as it opens when you let off the throttle. You do know when your car is in vaccum that your actually making pressure through the lines and when your in boost its creating a vaccum?
Old 04-24-2008, 07:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ive been running the splitter for about a year now. Well i finally got around to installing my boost gauge and the needle jumps like crazy while idling, and its only reading 6.5 psi at redline, I have the nst 9.5 psi pulley.. go figure.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Happy birthday dude! ^^

how many clicks do you have it set at? I have a boost gauge but i'm not sure how to tune the splitter so that i can have the best boost performance.

if its reading only at 6.5 PSI, doesn't that mean your spring tension is alittle too tight? (rotate counter-clock-wise to loosen the spring)
Old 04-24-2008, 11:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanx man, I actually took it off and put the block off plate on. I wanna see if that helps as far as clicks i dont remember what it was set at, but when i took it off i turned it counter clock wise all the way, then turned it 25 clicks. im gonna test it and ill let you know how that works. How much psi are you seeing?
Old 04-25-2008, 02:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

i haven't tried flooring my car to redline yet with the splitter installed. what gear are you in when you are redlining?

i'm still a noob when it comes to forced induction and i always tend to pull away from the gas pedal slightly after every shift so i can never reach full psi. haha
Old 04-25-2008, 04:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

you want it tighter if its not holding boost. you want pressure on the spring so it takes more power to force it open.
Old 04-25-2008, 05:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

hey kik, how exactly do i test that i am boosting correctly?

i read from the site under your sig, 6k RPM is when i should be boosting the max but in which gear do i do that?

if i'm at the redline and my boost gauge only shows like 5PSI, then that would mean my spring tension is too tight? (just an example).
Old 04-25-2008, 02:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by yellowxboy
hey kik, how exactly do i test that i am boosting correctly?

i read from the site under your sig, 6k RPM is when i should be boosting the max but in which gear do i do that?

if i'm at the redline and my boost gauge only shows like 5PSI, then that would mean my spring tension is too tight? (just an example).
If your only maxing out at 5psi your tension is to loose. 2nd or 3rd gear are your best bets to see full boost.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

tension is too loose? so i gotta tighten some more? i think i have mine at like 35 clicks though :O haha..
Old 04-25-2008, 09:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i put the block off plate on and i have it at 33 clicks. If i go from a stop i see like 9 psi, but if im cruising in a gear then step on it i see 7-8 at redline. I thoght i read somewhere on here that thats how our boost works. I think im getting closer to figuring it out.lol I had my boy that drives a modded ms3 drive my car today and he said he was pretty impressed.

Quick Reply: forge splitter adjustment