Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

FrozenBoost Water to Air (TW) ***Updated with PICS***

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 01:15 AM
Banned
SL Member

any mounting pictures yet
Old 04-22-2009, 11:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wondering - has anyone here ran an air to water setup? If so how did it do for daily driving? Did it get heatsoaked extremely easily? Also how was it setup (heat exhcnager size, reservoir size, etc) Thanks guys!
Old 04-23-2009, 01:05 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by thendawg
Wondering - has anyone here ran an air to water setup? If so how did it do for daily driving? Did it get heatsoaked extremely easily? Also how was it setup (heat exhcnager size, reservoir size, etc) Thanks guys!
x2...id like to hear more stories of folks who have done it
Old 04-23-2009, 02:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I did a mock setup last weekend. It was much harder than expected to find a proper location for the heat exchanger due to the fan. I mounted it in the middle, infront of the radiator, just below it. It fits, and I tapped out 4 holes in the crash bar for brackets. I set up the brackets and then wired the fan. The fan is extremely quiet, and produces a good amount of air flow.

I also figured that I can put a relatively large reservoir just behind the lower left fender. Plenty of room for that and the pump!

Need not worry, when I do the complete install next month of that, and the turbo, I will post pics!
Old 04-23-2009, 03:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wondering - has anyone here ran an air to water setup? If so how did it do for daily driving? Did it get heatsoaked extremely easily?
I know several people that have ran this setup with different components and have great results. A friend of mine actually had a PWR setup with 45Degree chilled refrigerant circulating through his system. He used the AC compressor and created a system to chill the liquid over the freon dump. I am not to familiar with that setup though. He is in the process of building an 800hp ITR now.

The system works well as long as a reservoir is available to help circulate the hot/cold water. Remember, several factory supercharged cars use this system on their vehicles o on a daily driven warranted basis. Everyone I know ran a heat exchanger (Min 10X13X2, water pump, barrel intercooler, 4 (+/- 1) Liter reservoir, and fan.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by raptorsp123
Wondering - has anyone here ran an air to water setup? If so how did it do for daily driving? Did it get heatsoaked extremely easily?
I know several people that have ran this setup with different components and have great results. A friend of mine actually had a PWR setup with 45Degree chilled refrigerant circulating through his system. He used the AC compressor and created a system to chill the liquid over the freon dump. I am not to familiar with that setup though. He is in the process of building an 800hp ITR now.

The system works well as long as a reservoir is available to help circulate the hot/cold water. Remember, several factory supercharged cars use this system on their vehicles o on a daily driven warranted basis. Everyone I know ran a heat exchanger (Min 10X13X2, water pump, barrel intercooler, 4 (+/- 1) Liter reservoir, and fan.
would be nice if you could compare intake air temps before and after the install.