Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Garrett 60-1 hifi w/ .63 a/r

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 04:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Garrett 60-1 hifi w/ .63 a/r

Hey everyone...i've been on the forum for quite a while and i like to sit back and read b4 i ask questions. I, like many others on here, plan on assembling a custom set-up, while utilizing the reputible products and services from Dezod and Sound Performance.

Everyone knows in addition to having some excellent tuning to maximize performance, the proper turbo is also a necessity. I've been looking into the garrett 60-1 hifi and have considered building around that. I would like to get everyones opinion....(expert opinion would be best...not just what u think and how you feel )

Thank you!!
Old 01-25-2007, 04:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for also supporting us.

You can't really go wrong with Garrett. They do make some nice turbos and you do pay for them. If you have a hookup and can get a good deal on it then I'd say, go for it and try something new. We can all learn from looking at the power curve and response of the turbo.

I can say however that we have some GREAT new Innovate turbos (in stock) that are VERY comparable to the Garrett line. If you're already buying a lot of stuff from us we may be able to work out a small discount (better than nothing). Plus you have the convenience of getting one big awesome shipment in a timely manner from a supportive company.

Both paths will lead you to some great power and a great experience. Both turbos make very similar power. I think it'd be tough to see/feel the difference unless you ran both back to back.

If you have more questions ask and we'll all help you out.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What parts do you plan on getting from Sound Performance?
Old 01-25-2007, 03:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by deathbyc4
What parts do you plan on getting from Sound Performance?
Well as far as SP, since i reside in chicago, its a great place for me to go and get tuned and some parts... e.g. i would like to ther their equal length mani, and purchase their FMIC. As far as engine management, i am leaning towards the SAFC that SP uses simply because i have a few friends who currently use it and it is relatively easy to learn to use. I'm looking to keep my tC as a DD for now and once i get outta law school and such, i'll have a little more money to play with and have this as my toy :-).

As far as Dezod, i am very impressed with the quality of their work. I in no way want to "down" any other companies because if it were not for them we would not have a diversity of parts to choose from.....ok i'm off my soap box now I woul dlike to get Dezod's black box and their plug-n-play injectors as well as a few other things.

My friend just build a custom set-up...TOTAL sleeper.... a 1992 Nissan Stanza. Its pushing about 14 lbs when its cold out...the wheels spin in 3rd gear. He's getting rid of the car to do a custom Maxima set-up, and the turbo has only been on it for about 3 mos. So he's willing to give it 2 me.

Pelase let me know if any of you ahve any more suggestions of what would work well with ithis turbo/what kind of numbers i may expect w/o building the engine
Old 01-25-2007, 03:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Watching... this should be interesting
Old 01-26-2007, 08:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

anyone else have any thoughts??