Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Gauge question...

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 04:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Gauge question...

Ok....i have a noob question.....I just installed the aem uego wideband O2 sensor today...and not quite sure how to read it ........... =me but thats beside the point. any whos does green=good/yellow=okay/red=bad...or does green=lean/yellow=stoich/red=rich? Someone help a noob at first induction......when I idol im about mid 13s to high 14s and when i dirve it its around 10s to 12s. help please
Old 02-17-2006, 01:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Gauge question...

Originally Posted by peteyd
Ok....i have a noob question.....I just installed the aem uego wideband O2 sensor today...and not quite sure how to read it ........... =me but thats beside the point. any whos does green=good/yellow=okay/red=bad...or does green=lean/yellow=stoich/red=rich? Someone help a noob at first induction......when I idol im about mid 13s to high 14s and when i dirve it its around 10s to 12s. help please
Looks just a tad rich...but that's ok. Best power is usually obtained with an AFR of between 11.8 and 13.0 on most engines. The lowest average emissions are obtained with the AFR around 14.7 to 1 (stoichiometric) and best fuel economy is at AFRs between 16 and 18 to 1. Most engines do not idle happily unless they are setup to run richer than 14 to 1 AFR

To make it easy, green is good, yellow is ok, red is find out whats wrong FAST.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by ScionDad

good call on that one my man
Old 02-17-2006, 03:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionDad

thank god i guessed right ()

When I was driving today it stayed mainly in green and went to yellow a few times but never red.....Ill floor it tonight and see what it does...when i did it last night it went to red and stopped working sooooo that wasnt good so ill try it one more time if it isnt raining tonight.
Old 02-17-2006, 07:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

On a stage 0 at WOT you should see AFR in the high 10's low 11's. On the highway in off boost driving you want to be in the 14-15 raneg as this will keep gas mileage well.

At idle it really does not matter as there is minimal load on the engine. The two you really need to pay attention to is WOT and part throttle boost driving.

-ZPIracing
Old 02-18-2006, 01:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ZPIracing
On a stage 0 at WOT you should see AFR in the high 10's low 11's. On the highway in off boost driving you want to be in the 14-15 raneg as this will keep gas mileage well.

At idle it really does not matter as there is minimal load on the engine. The two you really need to pay attention to is WOT and part throttle boost driving.

-ZPIracing
if im pushing the car it goes to 14-15....during normal driving im getting about 12s or so if i really push the car the guage seems to go off soo guess im running to rich or too lean....(----) is what the guage lookes like when im pushing the car and after i do that if i let up off the gas and just coast or apply the break it looks like that so not quite sure what that means.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Did you ever figure out what was happening? I'm currious as to what the ECU is doing at WOT. Can the injectors and fuel pump keep up?
Old 03-03-2006, 06:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

bump because this is starting to be a good thread for info on AFR;s on our tc's on boost