Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Gettin her ready...

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 12:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

soo nice i cant wait to feel boost. what are youre overall goals ?
Old 07-16-2007, 12:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by j3st3r
Wow and amazing no negative comments or off topic posts........well....except this one....LOL.....LOOKING GOOD.....Brett!!!

Maybe Todd needs a TN for a test subject too....
thanx. if any negative comments doo come my way, i really dont care. im veryy happy with what i have. with the pics i saw of your setup, is the weight of the turbo being suported by the subframe or engine limiter?
Old 07-16-2007, 12:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scikotictc232
world conquest, and to own a porsche carrera gt. but for right now i'll settel for 11's at the track.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:23 AM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by brett561tc
world conquest, and to own a porsche carrera gt. but for right now i'll settel for 11's at the track.
and 14's on street tires ;)
Old 07-16-2007, 03:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Wow and amazing no negative comments or off topic posts........well....except this one....LOL.....LOOKING GOOD.....Brett!!!

thanx. if any negative comments doo come my way, i really dont care. im veryy happy with what i have. with the pics i saw of your setup, is the weight of the turbo being suported by the subframe or engine limiter?
It has a custom mount....but I am not going to bring up any ZPI stuff in your thread man, cause it will only get bashed. When are you expecting to get yours back to the track???
Old 07-16-2007, 05:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 318_tC
Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
Any further progress on the install? Or did you already talk to Todd about the issues we ran into today?
????
what issues??
Sorry.
The hot side intercooler pipe was to short.
He said that was his fault for not checking better.
We cut an inch and a half off the side connecting to the intercooler just to get it to work, but since it cuts off the bulge, i can't boost to much or it will blow the pipe off.
Also, the connector for the first sensor right after the intake air filter was welded backwards. Big issue. He said that was "someone elses fault" and he's kind of upset about that. I had another issue with the dump tube, but is was due to the oil pan fitting being a little offf.
in any event, he will be shipping new pipes, hopefully this week, for all 5 of the kits that went out this week, since they will all have these issues.

let me know if you want any more info or how we worked around the problems, but I'm sure you have probably talked to todd about these by now.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Any further progress on the install? Or did you already talk to Todd about the issues we ran into today?
????
what issues??
Sorry.
We cut an inch and a half off the side connecting to the intercooler just to get it to work, but since it cuts off the bulge, i can't boost to much or it will blow the pipe off.
Also, the connector for the first sensor right after the intake air filter was welded backwards. Big issue. He said that was "someone elses fault" and he's kind of upset about that. I had another issue with the dump tube, but is was due to the oil pan fitting being a little offf.
in any event, he will be shipping new pipes, hopefully this week, for all 5 of the kits that went out this week, since they will all have these issues.

let me know if you want any more info or how we worked around the problems, but I'm sure you have probably talked to todd about these by now.
news to me.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

????
what issues??
Sorry.

news to me.
hmm... i ordered mine a few weeks ago (it's being produced in the new batch Todd has under production) so I'm really hoping mine doesn't have those same issues.... in any event, post numbers when you get them!!!
Old 07-16-2007, 03:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It has a custom mount....but I am not going to bring up any ZPI stuff in your thread man, cause it will only get bashed. When are you expecting to get yours back to the track???
im not trying to bash. i think that would be a good idea for supporting the weight of your turbo.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Dyltone
and 14's on street tires ;)
mabey in reverse.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

im not trying to bash. i think that would be a good idea for supporting the weight of your turbo.
Oh I know man....anyway so what are you running for fuel management and injectors now?
Old 07-16-2007, 03:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

same stuff. e-manage w/ 650's. gotta save up my pennys for a standalone. but im sure the setup i got now will se about 400 to the wheels for a daily drive tune.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

go soft till u get that standalone...numbers wont mean **** till u get some real management.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:30 PM
Banned
SL Member

I know he wants a standalone, but I don't think he'll get one till it's required by the track ;D
Old 07-16-2007, 04:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Dyltone
I know he wants a standalone, but I don't think he'll get one till it's required by the track ;D
Old 07-16-2007, 08:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jaxtcracer
hmm... i ordered mine a few weeks ago (it's being produced in the new batch Todd has under production) so I'm really hoping mine doesn't have those same issues.... in any event, post numbers when you get them!!!
todd said all 5 kits that went out this week had the same issues (except the dump tube, that's just me). Brett and I were the only ones that have recieved them so far, so if yours is one that has already shipped, you will need new tubes. If yours has not shipped, he'll send you the correct pipes.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so how do you like boost meaty??
Old 07-16-2007, 08:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so far, it's great! And I'm currently only running on a .3bar spring, and can't rev past 5k! but I know it's there!
I'm calling in a minute to get a tune set up for saturday. Hopefully my new pipes and injectors are here by then.
then I'll get some dynos, some track times if I make it out, and next week I'll post up a full writeup and stop draging your thread down!!!
Old 07-16-2007, 10:17 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

don't mean to be a thread jacker but where are these pics of jesters car at and what turbo did he finally go with
Old 07-16-2007, 10:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mikescion
don't mean to be a thread jacker but where are these pics of jesters car at and what turbo did he finally go with
i dont mind if people jack my threads, they will eventually get back on topic i belive he went with an spa. i think its a .63 a/r hotside, and .70 a/r cold side. it should be compareable to yours or mine. the pics are on zpi's website.
http://www.zeropointindustries.net/g...sowders?page=7

Quick Reply: Gettin her ready...