Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

GI: GB on AEM EMS Standalone for the tC

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 12:17 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod

You can do like Dan did in his car, drill a 1/8" hole in the throttle plate. J/K
Actually, nothing at all wrong with this. We have zero idle control other than the small hole drilled into the throttle plate. The ONLY, and I mean only issue here is that you'll have no FICD. Not a big deal...you just need to hold the revs up while the car warms up for 30 seconds; then you're golden.

And I have to say...given all the "bits and pieces" Dezod includes here, it's actually quite cost effective, and 99% of customers who opt for this system will never outgrow it. The same can't be said about signal interceptors. Now that doesn't mean a standalone is for everyone, but this is about as cost effective as it gets for this niche of EM.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:20 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by adg016
Originally Posted by paul_dezod

You can do like Dan did in his car, drill a 1/8" hole in the throttle plate. J/K
Actually, nothing at all wrong with this. We have zero idle control other than the small hole drilled into the throttle plate. The ONLY, and I mean only issue here is that you'll have no FICD. Not a big deal...you just need to hold the revs up while the car warms up for 30 seconds; then you're golden.

And I have to say...given all the "bits and pieces" Dezod includes here, it's actually quite cost effective, and 99% of customers who opt for this system will never outgrow it. The same can't be said about signal interceptors. Now that doesn't mean a standalone is for everyone, but this is about as cost effective as it gets for this niche of EM.
Hey Dan!!! Thanks for chiming in on the thread.

I was joking with respect to making the comment, but I was serious as to you can do that and save some $$ on the EMS package