Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Gompka build - Running great!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 03:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So whats going on Dave? hope you're getting closer to resolving your issues. Just ran through this entire thread again, this time cause I'm 2 weeks into an engine class and this all makes more sense to me now lol...still learning allot but it's helped so much, good luck man.....
Old 07-25-2010, 10:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

Are you sure it wasn't the VSV bouncing off some metal? mine was making that similar sound after engine warm up.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

-gompka made another post saying he got another car, and that the TC was for his bro, so who knows?
Old 07-25-2010, 05:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SoulXquisite
-gompka made another post saying he got another car, and that the TC was for his bro, so who knows?
Dam....I missed that, he got another car, problem solved he he....
Old 07-26-2010, 12:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by gwtc
Dam....I missed that, he got another car, problem solved he he....
I got an additional car, Scion is still in the garage being worked on. I wish the problem was as simple as a VSV. Everything was ready to be put back together last week when I noticed something. After cleaning the carbon off of the top of the cylinders I noticed that one of the sleeves sank about 1mm into the block. Which means when the machine shop pressed it in, they didn't push it far enough. So had to take the engine back to the machine shop for them to fix their screwup, free of charge of course. That should be done by this weekend, if its not one thing its another, boost on a budge = definite fail, glad I set money aside for this.

I did also get something a little more reliable than the tc ;)

Old 07-26-2010, 02:37 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

nice pick up man! i think that should suit ya for a while
Old 07-26-2010, 11:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cool man, hope this time it holds foe a wild....
Old 07-28-2010, 12:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So there were some problems with getting a new sleeve put into the block..... after some debating the machine shop wanted to reimburse me for getting to them another block they can work with. I was in no way looking forward to waiting to find and engine and then having all this work redone on it. So I called up the good people at Dezod and ordered a Darton Sleeve kit, which the machine shop will put in free of charge and split the cost of the kit 50/50. I think that will be a much better/cheaper/faster solution. But guess what? More delays and more waiting, a couple more days and this will be 8 months without driving the car
Old 07-28-2010, 07:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by gompka
So there were some problems with getting a new sleeve put into the block..... after some debating the machine shop wanted to reimburse me for getting to them another block they can work with. I was in no way looking forward to waiting to find and engine and then having all this work redone on it. So I called up the good people at Dezod and ordered a Darton Sleeve kit, which the machine shop will put in free of charge and split the cost of the kit 50/50. I think that will be a much better/cheaper/faster solution. But guess what? More delays and more waiting, a couple more days and this will be 8 months without driving the car
I'm sure it will be worth the wait, glad to hear there is some progress thou
Old 09-27-2010, 03:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So to update, tc is running again. Everything seems like its working right, long story short, machine shop F'ed up many things that had to be fixed, then they F'ed up a second time, 3rd time I changed shops and am now attempting to get some of my money back from the first shop. Went through 2 blocks before getting it done right Having to drop in the engine 2 times and having something F'ed really sucks.
Old 09-27-2010, 04:13 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

oh wow; sorry to hear man; hopefully they give you ALOT of the $$ back. but at least its back running.
Old 09-27-2010, 04:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by GQQSE13
oh wow; sorry to hear man; hopefully they give you ALOT of the $$ back. but at least its back running.
Well I just want to get it over with, some stuff they did ok so all I want them to pay for is what I had to get redone at the new shop, which is around $400 worth. If they decide to be a-holes about it, I will get my lawyer to throw in a charge for over 6 months of waiting, the charges for taking the motor in and out of the car and reassembling it 2 times!
Old 09-27-2010, 09:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol^^^that will get them to pay.....
Old 10-04-2010, 07:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok guys so an update and observations so far:

1.) had a check engine for p0136 and emission test was last week, the fix, ran log wire from aem uego to 02 input at stock ecu, that worked.

2.) there are some more vibrations while cruising on the highway in 5th gear around 3k rpm, this i guess is from the removal of the balance shafts.

3.) ran out of fuel at 14psi and dezod return fuel system is on the way to fix that.

4.) prototype ADK tuning custom breater oil cap being tested, and working well. I will have more details on this in the future ;)

5.) Removed rear pcv and capped it off, left the front pcv, installed 1" custom breather cap. Tested to make sure there was no oil coming from the breather, and so far so good.

With the breather installed and rear pcv removed, running out of boost car richened up by 1 afr point to 13.8 However, wow does it run smooth at 13.8, we like it so much that we are leaving it at this for now. I will experiment more to see if its the breather or the afr or a combination thats giving us the smoothness.

Also, seems the breather is giving off a lot of pressure, which I am sure the turbo and seals are loving, turbo might even be spooling nicer, one thing is for sure the engine runs much better now. The tune is pretty much spot on and the transition from no boost to boost is not even there, it runs like stock if not better.

I will try to get some pics and videos up in the coming weeks, as well as maybe some info on what may be a new ADK product coming along.

Btw, ADK = my bros first initial, my first initial, and the first letter of our last name lol.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Quick peek at the setup so far, and no thats not just a huge breather on the oil cap, try to put a breather there, see how much oil will gush out.

This is not the final setup, blow through maf, and a different intake setup (full 3") is in the works.

Name:  scionjpg.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  54.7 KB

Last edited by gompka; 10-04-2010 at 07:37 PM.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

in for pics of the breather cap
Old 10-04-2010, 07:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DezodDon
in for pics of the breather cap
X2
Old 10-04-2010, 07:59 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

sounds awesome man; keep us updated
Old 10-05-2010, 03:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice Setup man great job cant wait to see what it makes
Old 10-06-2010, 04:02 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by gompka
Quick peek at the setup so far, and no thats not just a huge breather on the oil cap, try to put a breather there, see how much oil will gush out.

This is not the final setup, blow through maf, and a different intake setup (full 3") is in the works.

Any estimated power levels yet?

Quick Reply: Gompka build - Running great!