Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

GReddy e-Manage Ultimate or AEM F/IC ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 11:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

can the profec b spec II have the ability for boost by gear ? or the ultimate ?
Old 06-03-2009, 01:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

to my knowledge no but ive never searched so its a possibility....in first gear i hit 5 psi 2nd is 12 and 3rd is 16
Old 06-03-2009, 04:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

how is that ? ^
Old 06-03-2009, 07:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ultimate. Delete the speed cut and raise Redline are both allowed on the Ultimate and not on the FI/C,
and u can partial throttle tune the Ultimate without removing your O2 sensors. I did it.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 04-21-2020 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Awarded 10 Yr Badge
Old 06-03-2009, 12:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by nlataille18
on the e manage your tune works when your at WOT only, With the AEM you can set your throttle position as to when the tune starts to take over (to a certain degree)
He said the Ultimate, not the blue. To which would make your statement false, as you can do that on the Ultimate too.

Also to add, supposedly if you pick up a Boost Solenoid, and hook it up to the Ultimate, there is a map that you can use that basically turns the Ultimate into a Boost Controller as well. I haven't tried mine yet, but will soon as I get everything together.

In the end, Ultimate > F/IC.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by scikotictc232
i dont care bout the cel as long as it wont harm my motor. I wanna run two boost settings an 8 psi and a 12 psi tune on stock motor. witch one will the car run better with ? aem or greddy ? I know the ultimate is closer to a full standalone but i also hear a lot of good things about the aem fic.

The "I have a problem with my F/IC" threads that pop up about twice a week would contradict that statement....
Old 06-03-2009, 12:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by SoFloTC
ultimate... delete the speed cut and raise redline are both allowed on the ultimate and not on the FIC, and u can partial throttle tune the ultimate without removing your o2 sensors.. i did it.

Amen....
Old 06-03-2009, 01:32 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Originally Posted by scikotictc232
i dont care bout the cel as long as it wont harm my motor. I wanna run two boost settings an 8 psi and a 12 psi tune on stock motor. witch one will the car run better with ? aem or greddy ? I know the ultimate is closer to a full standalone but i also hear a lot of good things about the aem fic.

The "I have a problem with my F/IC" threads that pop up about twice a week would contradict that statement....
The problem with this is the fact there are only a hand full of tuners whom I encountered that actually understand how the unit works. Therefore, you get lots of people with shotty or half-assed tunes.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I was just teasing....hehee
Old 06-03-2009, 01:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^Exactly....GReddy ftw. Oh and Paul I got my intake temp sensor reading. Just didn't have a parameter set right.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 04-21-2020 at 12:25 AM. Reason: Awarded 15 Yr Badge
Old 06-03-2009, 01:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Seeing the two units I like AEM. There is a lot of support to be had on the AEM forums if you care to read.
There is little to no technical support when it comes to GReddy so there is much trial and error.

If this were me I would get an AEM FI/C and a plug and play harness.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 04-21-2020 at 12:27 AM. Reason: Awarded 10 Yr Badge
Old 06-03-2009, 02:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What comes with the Auto Kit from Dezod? Ultimate?
Old 06-03-2009, 02:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by DezodDon
Seeing the two units I like AEM. There is alot of support to be had on the AEM forums if you care to read. There is little to no technical support when it comes to greddy so there is much trial and error.

How you figure? You can subscribe to a GReddy forum/email distribution list, and I get them all the time. TONS of people helping with the GReddy box. And the AEM is new to the tC platform, highly doubt your going to find more support for it for the tC than a GReddy unit.

There is a reason why the F/IC is compared to the Blue box, and not the Ultimate. It simply does not have the same features as an Ultimate does, and is more close to the Blue box. It's slightly better than the blue box from what I hear, but it does not have what the Ultimate can provide. It's a middle of the road between the Ultimate and the Blue.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Seeing the two units I like AEM. There is alot of support to be had on the AEM forums if you care to read. There is little to no technical support when it comes to greddy so there is much trial and error.

How you figure? You can subscribe to a GReddy forum/email distribution list, and I get them all the time. TONS of people helping with the GReddy box. And the AEM is new to the tC platform, highly doubt your going to find more support for it for the tC than a GReddy unit.

There is a reason why the F/IC is compared to the Blue box, and not the Ultimate. It simply does not have the same features as an Ultimate does, and is more close to the Blue box. It's slightly better than the blue box from what I hear, but it does not have what the Ultimate can provide. It's a middle of the road between the Ultimate and the Blue.
I'm going on Customer support and experience between the two units. It's my opinion that the unit is much better. With the constant updates and support from other members it's nice to have a link directly with AEM through their forums.
The AEM FI/C has a built in map sensor good for 25 lbs of boost. You would have to purchase that separate from GReddy then wire it in.

AEM FIC can accept a 5 volt input from any wide band unit and data log it. If you run a pressure sensor and a wide band with the AFR harness with the GReddy units the information is skewed and you get a fatal error. That is stated in the manual.

So it would seem in my eyes that the AEM unit while newer, is still a little more superior with capabilities that really matter when tuning a car.

To each their own however. Cheers

Last edited by MR_LUV; 04-21-2020 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Awarded 10 Yr Badge
Old 06-03-2009, 06:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I'm going on customer support and experience between the two units. It's my opinion that the unit is much better. With the constant updates and support from other members it's nice to have a link directly with AEM through their forums. The AEM FI/C has a built in map sensor good for 25 lbs of boost. You would have to purchase that seperate from Greddy then wire it in.

Albeit you have to purchase separately, there is no "wire it in" sorta speak. It's plug and play.

[AEM FIC can accept a 5 volt input from any wideband unit and data log it. If you run a pressure sensor and a wide band with the AFR harness with the Greddy units the information is skewed and you get a fatal error. That is stated in the manual.

There is no need to run both a pressure sensor and a Wideband input, as the two maps have different functions with the Ultimate. You are not suppose to run both with the Ultimate. For the PS...used to tune off of boost instead of throttle. For the Wideband input, simply for Auto tuning. Where you can just plug what you want the A/F ratio to actually be at Set RPM's. It also states that you should use this for preliminary tuning, and then fine tune using the other maps, not run them both.

[So it would seem in my eyes that the AEM unit while newer, is still a little more superior with capabilities that really matter when tuning a car.

To each their own however. Cheers
AEM unit does not have the key Elements to run for "Racing". So, for street sure it's fine and dandy. But for Racing, it lacks. Ultimate has the ability to Increase your Revlimiter/Redline as well as Remove the factory Speed Cut. F/IC can not do this. This is the reason why PTuning runs the Ultimate on their Championship TA tC. It's the next best thing to running a full Standalone without running a Standalone.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ also has 2step
Old 06-03-2009, 07:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree with you on raising the redline which is nice but as far as being able to scale in a map that is driveable without hickups I like the functions of the AEM FIC.

To each their own.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i never thought this one would be so hard. im not looking to increase the redline or the speed cut. until the day comes wee i top the car out at the strip than I will but by that time I am sure ill be stand alone. And about the redline, I am not sure how well the 2az does to being over revved. I do have an .82 A/R turbine so to take advantage of being in boost a bit longer could be worth it. what are the hickups every one is talking bout ? cause I can get either one with a pnp for the same price.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by SoFloTC
^ also has 2step
THAT'S IT! Lol.... I knew I was leaving out something and I couldn't think of it for the life of me.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Travis, How do you like messing with the GReddy Ult?
I plan on having a Pro Tune it and then messing with the Two Step and all that isht myself IF I WENT THAT WAY.

Not sure yet both sides seem promising.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 04-21-2020 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Awarded 10 Yr Badge

Quick Reply: GReddy e-Manage Ultimate or AEM F/IC ?