Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Greddy emanage help/questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 08:42 PM
SL Member

Default Greddy emanage help/questions

hey guys
my car is in the process of being turbocharged right now, im only going to be running 6 psi so for now im using a aeromotive A1000 fuel pressure regulator.
i eventually want to step up to a Greddy emanage system and up the psi.

now my question is if i get an emanage that was used on a different type of car would the system work on the tC. i know i would have to take it in to get tuned.

im pretty sure that i would need a wire harness for the tC and that they are not universal.

ive been watching ebay and on SL for a good deal to come by.

so is it as long as i get the emanage box, software and a harness, it doesnt matter what type of car was using it before aslong as i re-tune it?!?

did my research on here and couldnt really find anything to
Old 11-18-2008, 08:59 PM
Banned
SL Member

u need to setup a return line for fuel if u wanna use that regulator
Old 11-18-2008, 09:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

u should install bigger injector to be safe to drive to tuner and I wouldnt install the use emanage until u get to the tuner. the map already in emanage is tuned for another car and that would not be good for the tc.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:10 PM
SL Member

yeah i would get bigger injectors and wouldnt install the system untill my car is at the tuners, but would i need a special wire harness for the tC?
Old 11-18-2008, 09:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

U can either wire it yourself or get a plug an play harness from dezod or ptuning there is no cutting or splicing just plug and go. they go for 300 buks also make sure you get the right tc year harness.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:35 PM
SL Member

alright, thanks man,
300$ new...oh boy, i think im going to just look for one on here used
Old 11-19-2008, 12:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got mind off ebay the greddy ultimate and pnp harness for 450 it was a good deal
Old 11-19-2008, 01:10 AM
SL Member

yeah thats what im looking at right now, ok stupid question as it might sound obvious but is the greddy emanage blue the one where the system box is accualty blue?
Old 11-19-2008, 01:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah thats what im looking at right now, ok stupid question as it might sound obvious but is the greddy emanage blue the one where the system box is accualty blue?
Yes sir its blue.

You can use a Emanage that was used on another car. There are settings though on the unit itself that have to be set for your type of vehicle..ie 4 cyl, MAF sensor etc.

Make sure you take it too somone who is familiar with the Emanage for tuning. It will save you money on tuning.

And if your going to stay on stock injectors and you are running an external wg (like a tial 38mm) use the smallest spring available ie 4lbs. Otherwise you are going to have some rather large issues in your future.

With it sounding like your on a small budget

1. the ecu adapter will cost less than having someone splice the Emanage harness into your factory harness (when done right not some cheap butt connector hack job)

2. look into the smaller wg spring.

3. If your internally gated..(.which I dont think so by you mentioning running 6 psi.) you better take a step back and buy some injectors asap...if not disregard.

4.But whatever you do, do not go cheap on tuning....

and when you your budget allows buy some larger injectors asap and turn up the boost

Good luck and enjoy!

Regards-

Todd
Old 11-19-2008, 01:58 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by TurboToyotas
Yes sir its blue.

You can use a Emanage that was used on another car. There are settings though on the unit itself that have to be set for your type of vehicle..ie 4 cyl, MAF sensor etc.

Make sure you take it too somone who is familiar with the Emanage for tuning. It will save you money on tuning.

And if your going to stay on stock injectors and you are running an external wg (like a tial 38mm) use the smallest spring available ie 4lbs. Otherwise you are going to have some rather large issues in your future.

With it sounding like your on a small budget

1. the ecu adapter will cost less than having someone splice the Emanage harness into your factory harness (when done right not some cheap butt connector hack job)

2. look into the smaller wg spring.

3. If your internally gated..(.which I dont think so by you mentioning running 6 psi.) you better take a step back and buy some injectors asap...if not disregard.

4.But whatever you do, do not go cheap on tuning....

and when you your budget allows buy some larger injectors asap and turn up the boost

Good luck and enjoy!

Regards-

Todd

hey thanks bro, that really helps, im going to be runny 440cc injectors, if i pull it up to around 8-9 psi would i need bigger injectors?
Old 11-19-2008, 03:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

if you find an ultimate, i know someone with a PNP Harness
Old 11-19-2008, 03:10 AM
SL Member

how much is a used ultimate usally and how much is he asking for the harness?
Old 11-19-2008, 03:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Rydrdg
u should install bigger injector to be safe to drive to tuner and I wouldnt install the use emanage until u get to the tuner. the map already in emanage is tuned for another car and that would not be good for the tc.

You can clear the map if the Emanage you buy is used. As long as you get the support tool to do it with.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by mattTc

hey thanks bro, that really helps, im going to be runny 440cc injectors, if i pull it up to around 8-9 psi would i need bigger injectors?

Yes, 8-9 PSI would be to high duty cycle for 440cc injectors. Just get 550cc's to start, they aren't that much more expensive. I think they are the same price or just about.
Old 11-19-2008, 04:34 AM
SL Member

alright, thanks guys.
now im going to be on the market for an emanage with harness

which one would you guys reccomend
blue or ultimate?
Old 11-19-2008, 08:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ULTIMATE... hands down better features. But also read on the AEM F/IC. Its good all the turbo companies(dezod n turbotoyotas) didnt switch to making f/ics standard as managements in their kits for no reason..
Old 11-19-2008, 10:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

dont forget to use the jumper setting for the tc when the emanage is from a different vehicle.. you would have to open the box to do it,, but yeah you need the 3 basic harness for the emanage and tap it manually to the ecu wires or you can get a boomslang complete pnp harness..
Old 11-19-2008, 11:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by GReddy_tC
ULTIMATE... hands down better features. But also read on the AEM F/IC. Its good all the turbo companies(dezod n turbotoyotas) didnt switch to making f/ics standard as managements in their kits for no reason..

Yeah, but the Ultimate > F/IC imo. Also, I think they are still working on bugs in the F/IC.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Originally Posted by GReddy_tC

Yeah, but the Ultimate > F/IC imo. Also, I think they are still working on bugs in the F/IC.
I think I have the most up to date F/IC unit (got it back in June) with the latest firmware and I don't have all the little issues that everyone was having with the F/IC. So I think they fixed everything. I don't have the WOT hiccup, no problems with OL/CL (it does cycle), no problems with partial throttle tuning...
Old 11-19-2008, 03:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^Cool, nice to see they are working out the bugs. I am still partial to the Ultimate though for my goals. So, for me Ultimate > F/IC.

Quick Reply: Greddy emanage help/questions