Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Greddy emanage help/questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 03:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
^^Cool, nice to see they are working out the bugs. I am still partial to the Ultimate though for my goals. So, for me Ultimate > F/IC.
I've had no experience with the Ultimate, so I can't say the F/IC is better. The F/IC does what I need it to do, so it's perfect IMO.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
^^Cool, nice to see they are working out the bugs. I am still partial to the Ultimate though for my goals. So, for me Ultimate > F/IC.
I've had no experience with the Ultimate, so I can't say the F/IC is better. The F/IC does what I need it to do, so it's perfect IMO.

To factors for me are the Speed Cut, and rev limit increase. It's my understanding the F/IC can not do these. Which is crucial for me if I'm to be able to be decently competitive in the Redline Time Attack.

Are you going to try your skills in it this season?
Old 11-19-2008, 03:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe

To factors for me are the Speed Cut, and rev limit increase. It's my understanding the F/IC can not do these. Which is crucial for me if I'm to be able to be decently competitive in the Redline Time Attack.

Are you going to try your skills in it this season?
If I can get another car. I want to pick up an older Miata, 240 or Starion, then just gut them to hell and hope it holds up at the track lol. I've still got til next summer to really start worrying about it.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:31 PM
SL Member

so blue>ultimate
whats the price difference used usally
and my set up is nothing crazy, so you still think to go with the ultimate?
are the harnesses the same for the two or different?
Old 11-19-2008, 03:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

^^ different harness... on a simple setup blue should do the job.. though ultimate is better if you can get it
Old 11-19-2008, 04:05 PM
SL Member

haha sorry, my lil asian friend pointed out that my less than symbol is spos to be a greater than

blue<ultimate
Old 11-19-2008, 05:21 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

I like the ultimate cause it offers a dual map set-up. So once i go turbo i can have a DD boost level of like say4-5 psi and have a track level of around 8-9 psi. Plus you can up the RPMs with the ultimate but i wouldnt do that without some engine work.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea, but they are still updating the F/IC software. So, eventually they will add the speed cut and rev limit and 2-step.. Their constantly adding new features to it.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

WAIT? the blue doesnt allow dual maps? so ur saying i cant use a boost controller to run like 12 psi daily and 18 psi when im racing?

i heard if u get tuned at the higher psi and then just use ur boost controller to go lower psi level that it should be fine.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea it would be fine. But you only have 1 tune. And the purpose of that would most likely be to get the most power, your able to turn the boost up n down as long as your tuned for the highest boost you use. But If you had two separate maps(ultimate) the first could be for low boost and be really conservative made for good fuel economy. and the other could be made for all out power on higher boost..

Get what Im saying..?
Old 11-19-2008, 07:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ya i get it.. aslong as i can switch psi levels im fine
Old 11-19-2008, 07:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes. And, that your tuned for the highest level of boost you use.. Yupp yupp
Old 11-20-2008, 01:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by GReddy_tC
Yea, but they are still updating the F/IC software. So, eventually they will add the speed cut and rev limit and 2-step.. Their constantly adding new features to it.

They won't override their EMS though, which is all that built in. So, to say they will keep adding features I'm not so sure on that, as if that was the case, why would anyone pay 2G's for the EMS?
Old 11-20-2008, 01:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by SoFloTC
WAIT? the blue doesnt allow dual maps? so ur saying i cant use a boost controller to run like 12 psi daily and 18 psi when im racing?

i heard if u get tuned at the higher psi and then just use ur boost controller to go lower psi level that it should be fine.

Originally Posted by GReddy_tC
Yea it would be fine. But you only have 1 tune. And the purpose of that would most likely be to get the most power, your able to turn the boost up n down as long as your tuned for the highest boost you use. But If you had two separate maps(ultimate) the first could be for low boost and be really conservative made for good fuel economy. and the other could be made for all out power on higher boost..

Get what Im saying..?

Guys, your confusing yourselves. When it says Dual Map feature, it means that you can switch maps at the push of a button. EVERY management can have dual maps, simple, you tune the car for one set of parameters, and then tune it for another completely different set, and just change the boost settings to match once you upload the higher boost setting map. Like me for example, I want a 12 PSI daily tune, and a 14 PSI Race tune. On the Blue I would tune it to 12 lbs, save the map, and then tune to 14 lbs, and save that map. The difference is, when I wanted to change maps, I would have to break out the laptop and upload the map to the box and then I'm good to go. Where as with the Ultimate, I just hit a button and Boom, map loaded (as it's stored on the box already).

If you did it the way you just described Vinny, and tuned for your high boost setting and just turned it down for daily to your low boost, you would be running Super Rich, or Richer killing your fuel economy. The idea would be to tune two different maps and load them as you see fit.