Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

greddy turbo help

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 01:09 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default greddy turbo help

i am currently in the process of purchasing the GReddy Bolt-On Turbo Kit. and it includes:
TD05H-18G turbocharger
SUS turbo manifold
racing downpipe
31V front-mount intercooler
aluminum piping
Airinx air intake (e-Manage & Injectors sold separately)

i was wondering what do i need else to buy to make it complete, and yes i do want the blow off valve sound

and is this a good turbo kit, please indulge me! thanks!
Old 03-02-2007, 01:53 AM
5 Year Member

i am currently in the process of purchasing the GReddy Bolt-On Turbo Kit. and it includes:
TD05H-18G turbocharger
SUS turbo manifold
racing downpipe
31V front-mount intercooler
aluminum piping
Airinx air intake (e-Manage & Injectors sold separately)

i was wondering what do i need else to buy to make it complete, and yes i do want the blow off valve sound

and is this a good turbo kit, please indulge me! thanks!
Hey I got the Greddy Kit. its being installed on my a/t Tc. But i got the tranny cooler since i have an automatic and a HKS turbo timer 2 alllor the turbo 2 spool down when u turn off ur car. its better 4 the life of ur turbo its either that or wait up to 5mins everytime u drive sumwhere and put ur car in park.
Get a HKS BOV if u love the sound and get a the adaptor flange for aluminum piping... u can get that from HKS SSQV Flange Aluminum - 60mm - PN:1410-SA003

....oh and guages. and a pillar pod.. if u want....hmm... thats about it if u wanna just run 8.5 psi anything more just get a boost controller
Old 03-02-2007, 02:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would get an e-manage and injectors as well.

its better 4 the life of ur turbo its either that or wait up to 5mins everytime u drive sumwhere and put ur car in park.
By the way, whats park?
Old 03-02-2007, 05:56 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

so basically your saying....i should get...
the e-manage; injectors; adapator flange; boost controller; guages; pillar pod; turbo timer (unless i dont mind sitting in the car ; in NEUTRAL; for 5 minutes; and my favorite blow off valve; thats all? sounds like alot please tell me if im missing something to make it more complete
Old 03-02-2007, 06:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you dont NEED a turbo timer. if you drag race your car from point A to point B , then yes get one. If your gonna be int he boost the entire time your driving, then get one. If you drive it like a normal car and get in the boost every so often for a race, do not get one. its a waste of money. also if you plan on putting an alarm on your car alot of alarms nowadays have turbo timers built in. keep in mind most (if not all) factory turbo cars do not have turbo timers, and why, because it is unnecessary.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

as far as gauges go, get a wideband 02(such as an AEM UEGO), boost, and either an EGT or Oil Pressure gauge. You will Definitely need larger injectors and engine management...also keep in mind if you have a manual then you might wanna look into upgrading your clutch cause the tq will destroy it over time if you launch hard and beat on it.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yes a clutch is necessary.. though ive had mine on stock clutch and it hasnt slipped yet in over a year.. probably close .. as far as gauges i HIGHLY recommend the zeitronix zt2 with the egt, boost and afr sensor. it is extremely resourceful when data logging and you see what everything is at what rpm. great product.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:39 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks guys u guys have been a great help!!

so get everything on the list that i stated except turbo timer and add a upgraded clutch THANKS~!
Old 03-03-2007, 05:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by sciontc07
so basically your saying....i should get...
the e-manage; injectors; adapator flange; boost controller; guages; pillar pod; turbo timer (unless i dont mind sitting in the car ; in NEUTRAL; for 5 minutes; and my favorite blow off valve; thats all? sounds like alot please tell me if im missing something to make it more complete
You don't need a boost controller unless you want more boost. Start with no controller and get used to the 8psi and you can add a boost controller later with no problem.

You don't really need a turbo timer either.

Gauges I'd get a wideband (AEM), boost/VAC, and oil psi.

The rest in the list above is need.

You can also get away without a clutch for awhile.
Old 03-03-2007, 04:42 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks you guys are great
Old 03-03-2007, 06:47 PM

Default turbo?

if you were installing a turbo would you use a e-manage or a unichip if you dont know how to tune really?
Old 03-03-2007, 06:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default Re: turbo?

Originally Posted by bren2065
if you were installing a turbo would you use a e-manage or a unichip if you dont know how to tune really?
either one would hafta be professionally tuned so in essence one would not be harder than the other...only thing is in order to be able to get the unichip tuned, you would hafta find an authorized unichip tuner in your area. A lot of people arent to fond of this but the reality is these guys have been trained to tune the Unichip unlike the Emanage. Any garage monkey can SAY they can tune an emanage but Ive seen somre horrific tunes due to the simple fact that they dont have the slightest clue about how to tune a car. As long as you have a laptop and the software, anyone can tune the Emanage(whether the tune is gonna be credible will be a whole different ballgame). I personally love the Unichip compared to the Emanage. The Unichip actually alters the signal coming out of the ECU, not going into the ECU like most other piggybacks(Emanage etc). This in result means that it is a lot harder for the ECU to overide the Unichip tune settings that were input by the tuner. I had the Unichip GP for my supercharger setup, which had a switch that I was able to go back and forth between 2 different fuel/timing maps. The regualr blue emanage is not able to store multiple maps, but the new Emanage Ultimate can. Also keep in mind the price difference between the Unichip and the Emanage Ultimate is not that different, and the Unichip is plug and play unlike the Emanage which you will need to get a plug and play harness for it which brings the prices neck and neck. I hope this helps a lil bit with your decision
Old 03-04-2007, 04:28 AM

Default turbo?

thank you for your help i appreciate it
Old 03-04-2007, 01:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

See my Greddy thread (in my sig). I got the info you need.

Get the Injectors & Emanage upgrade, BOV, Flange for the BOV (Aluminum, not steel - you'll need this aluminum welded too), gauges, air/fuel gauge and wideband o2, etc.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:41 PM

Default turbo?

im sorry im new to this whats your sig?
Old 03-04-2007, 03:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Signature. See the "My Greddy Turbo Install" Link
Old 03-04-2007, 04:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree with simplyscion. I know the emanage's are popular to get, and for good reason. They work well and when getting the ultimate, there are a lot of "self-tuning" that can be done. I however prefer the Unichip for the exact same reasons he listed. I had it on my supercharger setup on my 03 corolla, and it worked beautiful, especially with the toggling switches for multiple maps. Check em both out, and go with what works best for your setup. You really cannot go wrong.