Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Greddy Turbo Kit on my A/T Scion TC... i lost 2 a RalliArt

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 09:40 PM
5 Year Member

Default Greddy Turbo Kit on my A/T Scion TC... i lost 2 a RalliArt

hey my kit says its supposed 2 b pushin 8.5psi but i seem 2 b pushin 6psi. i got my kit pressure checked and i was leaking at the throttle body and around the hks ssgv bov. the fixed everything and said i was doin fine. i know my car. i know how it feels. it doesnt feel the same the 1st day i got the turbo'd tc baq from the shop. i raced and mitsu rally art and lost. i was like wtf. he said he was doin 160. how the hell did i loose that race. then again my car doesnt feel the same i dont feel that extra power i felt wen i 1st got the car. i feels like i lost it. i prolly shud get another dyno and see wat happens. im thinking it cud b my auto transmission. maybe i shud upgrade the transmission valve thing ZPI sells in their site for $399 if i provide the tranny valve. then again ima get a boost controller and turn up my boost up 2 8.5psi and turn up the gain. also.. wat do u guys think happened 2 my car. if u r in the TUCSON, AZ area and have a turbo'd tc wanna test drive my car see wat u think. cuz i think sumthings is wrong. its cud either be low psi or my tranny. then again my tranny has been actin weird lately. like if im on the 1st gear and floor it and then let off the gas then floor it. it used 2 jump 2 the 2nd gear. but now it sticks on the 1st gear and then my ca feels like it slows down or im loosing power as i go in2 2nd
Old 04-07-2007, 09:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i doubt its ur tranny......sucks u lost though
Old 04-07-2007, 09:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The Greddy Turbo kit is pre-set and pre-tuned for 5psi.
It is ADVERTISED at 100whp gain @8.5psi.... but you have to get it tuned for that. Unless you buy a boost controller and get it retuned you won't see 8.5psi. At 5psi you are putting down 35whp more than stock... I've seen the dyno run of a friend's tC before and after the Greddy turbo install. He put down 144whp NA, then 177whp with the Greddy Turbo kit, pre-set tune @5psi. Then he bought a boost controller and had it tuned for 8.5psi and he just put down 248whp. So it is a 100whp gain at 8.5psi, Greddy advertised the real #'s.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

x2 to that. put a diffrent spring in your wastegate and get it tuned, and work on your driving....uh and oh yeah your grammar and spelling.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:30 PM
5 Year Member

Posted: 4/7/07 5:21PM Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

x2 to that. put a diffrent spring in your wastegate and get it tuned, and work on your driving....uh and oh yeah your grammar and spelling.
this is a online car forum.... not ENG 102
Old 04-07-2007, 10:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by redwar1441
he cant put a diff. w/g spring in there he is internally gated.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 318_tC
he cant put a diff. w/g spring in there he is internally gated.

oooooooooooooooooh yeah, good call, sorry.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by blown_xa
It is ADVERTISED at 100whp gain @8.5psi.... but you have to get it tuned for that. Unless you buy a boost controller and get it retuned you won't see 8.5psi. At 5psi you are putting down 35whp more than stock... I've seen the dyno run of a friend's tC before and after the Greddy turbo install. He put down 144whp NA, then 177whp with the Greddy Turbo kit, pre-set tune @5psi. Then he bought a boost controller and had it tuned for 8.5psi and he just put down 248whp. So it is a 100whp gain at 8.5psi, Greddy advertised the real #'s.
I did forget to mention somthing.... In order to acheive a good tune at 8.5psi you need to purchase the Greddy Map sensor and Boost pressure sensor, which intergates with the emanage for a real nice tune.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by blown_xa
What are you talking about? The greddy has an 8.5psi spring and is an internal wastegate.

KingsleyinMD, have you ever hit 8psi? Check all the hoses and make sure there's no leaks. What are you running in VAC? Even though they say it's fine now it may not be. The tranny could be a problem if you say it doesn't feel the same. It shouldn't be the cause of not hitting 8psi. Check around the manifold for an exhaust leak (look for black around the manifold and gasket).
Old 04-08-2007, 01:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I hate to be an **** but it really sounds like you don't have a clue about cars judging by your total lack of knowledge about whats going on to your car... you THINK you lost power???? Anybody playing with a turbo'd car needs to be able to pick up on the slightest changes, then be able to diagnose and fix those changes IMMEDIATELY.. If you aren't able to diagnose and fix them yourself you need to have a fat enough wallet to pay someone to do it for you... I'm sorry for the rant but its stories like this that lead to sob stories about the motor popping because they didn't have the right wastegate spring in and didn't notice because there were too lazy and cheap to spend 2 hours running a boost gauge and $80 on the item itself.... First and foremost you NEED to start running atleast three gauges so we can help diagnose this problem....

1 - AEM Wideband
2 - Boost gauge
3 - Oil pressure

If you're lacking power it could be a boost leak, on occassion wastegates have been known go get stuck "shut" but its very rare... You could have a motor on the way out but I have this funny feeling you wouldn't know what to listen for even if it was on the way out...

If you can give us a bit more info to go off of BESIDES your car feeling "not having the extra power i felt wen i 1st got the car"

P.S. Please go here BUY ME!!!
Old 04-08-2007, 02:12 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

my car is do the same . its just push up 2 5 or 6 psi . i thought greddy kit support 2 8.5 psi .
Old 04-08-2007, 02:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

He seems to know what boost he's running so he obviously has a boost gauge.

I also agree with KingsleyinMD, this isn't school and no one is writing a book.
Old 04-08-2007, 02:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by tc876
my car is do the same . its just push up 2 5 or 6 psi . i thought greddy kit support 2 8.5 psi .

Hmm, do you also have an auto? Maybe someone with an auto greddy should chime in. I know there's a few auto greddy's here running 8psi and I don't think they're running boost controllers.
Old 04-08-2007, 05:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

It's gonna spike to 8.5 psi and settle down to about 5.5-6psi.

The wastegate itself is set to that, but remember - you lose a couple pounds of boost cuz of the IC
Old 04-08-2007, 05:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by krdshrk
It's gonna spike to 8.5 psi and settle down to about 5.5-6psi.

The wastegate itself is set to that, but remember - you lose a couple pounds of boost cuz of the IC
Is that only with autos? I hit full boost and it stays at 8psi until I let off.
Old 04-08-2007, 05:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I dunno. I have a MBC on and I spike to 9PSI and it settles down to 6
Old 04-08-2007, 08:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

and what exactly did you race? All you stated was a ralliart...that's just the mitsu aftermarket parts company...like TRD...but not.

Was it a galant, EVO, lancer, FTO (doubt it), Eclipse...what?
Old 04-08-2007, 12:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Not much to work on if he's driving an automatic...

And because he has an a/t, he is putting down even LESS whp than that 177whp your friend saw (blownxA).
Old 04-09-2007, 03:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

grammEr*
Old 04-09-2007, 03:39 AM
fox
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't know about everyone else but i just had my Greddy kit tuned this week at 7psi. I have an AutoMeter wideband gauge and boost gauge. My boost controller is an APEXi AVC-R and my numbers on a Dyno Dynamics were 246WHP...at 7 psi. They up'd it to 8 psi but because i'm running Basic E-manage w/ 440cc injectors, it got 259.9WHP. My injectors were running at 100% at 8psi. They tuned it back down to 7 psi and i tell you, it feels great. Just thought i would put my cars info to show what is attainable with this setup. But...i have a manual, if it's an auto, i've seen some poor numbers!

Quick Reply: Greddy Turbo Kit on my A/T Scion TC... i lost 2 a RalliArt