Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Greddy Turbo Kit on my A/T Scion TC... i lost 2 a RalliArt

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 03:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

actually it IS grammAr...but nice try
Old 04-09-2007, 03:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by AndrewGene
actually it IS grammAr...but nice try
yea... notice the smilies?
Old 04-09-2007, 05:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by fox
I don't know about everyone else but i just had my Greddy kit tuned this week at 7psi. I have an AutoMeter wideband gauge and boost gauge. My boost controller is an APEXi AVC-R and my numbers on a Dyno Dynamics were 246WHP...at 7 psi. They up'd it to 8 psi but because i'm running Basic E-manage w/ 440cc injectors, it got 259.9WHP. My injectors were running at 100% at 8psi. They tuned it back down to 7 psi and i tell you, it feels great. Just thought i would put my cars info to show what is attainable with this setup. But...i have a manual, if it's an auto, i've seen some poor numbers!

Get bigger injectors...
Old 04-09-2007, 01:17 PM
fox
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Originally Posted by fox
I don't know about everyone else but i just had my Greddy kit tuned this week at 7psi. I have an AutoMeter wideband gauge and boost gauge. My boost controller is an APEXi AVC-R and my numbers on a Dyno Dynamics were 246WHP...at 7 psi. They up'd it to 8 psi but because i'm running Basic E-manage w/ 440cc injectors, it got 259.9WHP. My injectors were running at 100% at 8psi. They tuned it back down to 7 psi and i tell you, it feels great. Just thought i would put my cars info to show what is attainable with this setup. But...i have a manual, if it's an auto, i've seen some poor numbers!

Get bigger injectors...
I don't know...everyone tells me that i'm going to want more power but i don't race this car. I like where it's at...fornow i guess. I show this car so i don't know...maybe
Old 04-09-2007, 03:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

You'll want more power. I don't understand how you have it at 7psi with an 8psi spring? I thought boost controllers couldn't drop lower than what the spring was.

BTW, my injectors were running at 90% at 8psi. So I would recommend to anyone to get bigger injectors if they ever plan to up the boost on a greddy.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by etsnet
You'll want more power. I don't understand how you have it at 7psi with an 8psi spring? I thought boost controllers couldn't drop lower than what the spring was.

BTW, my injectors were running at 90% at 8psi. So I would recommend to anyone to get bigger injectors if they ever plan to up the boost on a greddy.
Dude, frikken call Greddy or somthing... I'm not lying when I said the kit is set at 5psi. You need a boost controller to get above that. Check your boost gauge, I thought my car was running 7psi for the longest time, but it's only at 4psi right now.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by blown_xa

Dude, frikken call Greddy or somthing... I'm not lying when I said the kit is set at 5psi. You need a boost controller to get above that. Check your boost gauge, I thought my car was running 7psi for the longest time, but it's only at 4psi right now.

You have an xA, I'm still trying to figure out how that = "GReddy kit specs for the tC".
Old 04-10-2007, 12:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Yeah are you talking about the tc kit or the xb kit? Look at all the ads, they even advertise 8.5psi. Here's just one place http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/21872 . It's got to be just for the auto and something is making it lose boost.

If it is running 5psi (which I don't think) and my gauge is reading 8psi cuz it's wrong then I put down 245wph on 5psi.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

If it is running 5psi (which I don't think) and my gauge is reading 8psi cuz it's wrong then I put down 245wph on 5psi.

Which is NOT going to happen...
Old 04-10-2007, 01:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Which is NOT going to happen...
Yeah, I know. 220whp maaaaybe but not no 245whp so obviously my gauge is right and someone is wrong or greddy has a problem.

All in all I think it has to do with the auto tc not being able to boost and stay at 8psi. Why that is I have no idea cuz I don't know that much yet about turbos.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow, greddy turbo and you lost to a mitsu lancer ralliart...

anyway, no, it is not a tranny problem so long as it is still shifting and not slipping, so no need to spend money on the zpi valve body upgrade. unless you plan to exceed the approximately 250 whp it takes to make the tranny slip.

i would maybe take it to a different shop and have it tuned, tested, dyno'ed, inspected etc to see what they think.

anyway, maybe yeah, you need bigger injectors if you don't have them, and a greddy pressure sensor with a boost controller to make sure your tc is going to push that full 8.5 psi. maybe an aem tru-boost.

sounds like you are suffering from bad tune, lack of proper hardware, bad tune/install and yes, some english lessons would do you well. not to dump on you, but if you want to ask for peoples help, you should consider taking the time to clearly communicate your problem using precision in language so that people who are nice enough to take the time and try to come up with the solution to your problem don't misunderstand what you are trying to explain and either mis-inform you inadvertanly, or maybe just say "screw this, if he doesn't know how to ask a question, i'm not going to try and figure out an answer for him."

how would you feel if the answers to your questions were "yeah, so u ned to git a grdy press sensor, luk for a leek in your hood and you gotto vac the connutions."
Old 04-10-2007, 02:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You have an xA, I'm still trying to figure out how that = "GReddy kit specs for the tC".
I'm not talking about the xB kit
Old 04-10-2007, 02:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

There is no way you lost to a lancer rallyart .......stock. A guy I used to work with had one and that car is almost 100% same speed as the tC with my draxas exhaust (but I added 40lbs of matting to the whole car also). You sure he didnt have a turbo or something? With my s/c Ill blow the rallyart away ... I thought you were talking about the new galant rallyart
Old 04-10-2007, 02:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm talking about real live results that I have witnessed... IN PERSON. Seen 2 tC's with the Greddy Turbo kit installed, Dyno'd at around 180whp. No adjustment to the tune at all, right out of the box. Pressure was reading right around 5psi, right on the frikken dyno screen. And it wasnt a crap Dyno.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hmm... yeah the galant ralliart, but that is a v6 with like 260 hp. even a turbo auto tc would have its work cut out for it.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So go ahead and tell me I'm lying. Cause this forum sucks now because everyone thinks they are right, even if they arn't. Except me
Old 04-10-2007, 02:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I beat one of those tC's with the Greddy kit with my normally aspirated xA and 25 shot. That's no lie.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I'm talking about real live results that I have witnessed... IN PERSON. Seen 2 tC's with the Greddy Turbo kit installed, Dyno'd at around 180whp. No adjustment to the tune at all, right out of the box. Pressure was reading right around 5psi, right on the frikken dyno screen. And it wasnt a crap Dyno.
That sucks for them.

Ahh, I don't believe the pressure reads on the "dyno screen", at least no dyno I've seen. AFR will read, mph will read, rpms will read, but never seen the boost psi read. What dyno was it?
Old 04-10-2007, 02:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I beat one of those tC's with the Greddy kit with my normally aspirated xA and 25 shot. That's no lie.
thats true, i met both blown_xa and the guy he beat. moral of the story is power is not substitution for weight.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

So go ahead and tell me I'm lying. Cause this forum sucks now because everyone thinks they are right, even if they arn't. Except me
Its a forum - if you dont want people to question things you post .....your at the wrong spot. Questioning people allows others to give their input.

Definition of forum on the Web:
a public meeting or assembly for open discussion

Quick Reply: Greddy Turbo Kit on my A/T Scion TC... i lost 2 a RalliArt