Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Greddy Turbo Kit on my A/T Scion TC... i lost 2 a RalliArt

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 02:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it's all good, not trying to pick a fight. To answer a question, it was a Dyno-Dynamica awd twin read Dyno. not the typical Dyno-Dynamics you see, this one is $100,000. So my trust is strong with that piece of equipment
Old 04-10-2007, 02:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by blown_xa
it's all good, not trying to pick a fight. To answer a question, it was a Dyno-Dynamica awd twin read Dyno. not the typical Dyno-Dynamics you see, this one is $100,000. So my trust is strong with that piece of equipment
When people doubt you its because of the low performance aspect. Everybody here is used to seeing 240whp+ turbo setups. The greddy kit is put together for a normal person to run their car. Its not tuned for nice hp. People get that kit thinking they will spend a few grand and have some high hp car .... hp = $
Old 04-10-2007, 03:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by jwaggz82
When people doubt you its because of the low performance aspect. Everybody here is used to seeing 240whp+ turbo setups. The greddy kit is put together for a normal person to run their car. Its not tuned for nice hp. People get that kit thinking they will spend a few grand and have some high hp car .... hp = $
Hello! I have a greddy turbo that did 245whp on the dyno at the 8psi that the kit came with. What do you mean " The greddy kit is put together for a normal person to run their car. Its not tuned for nice hp." That sounds like you're saying it's supposed to be 180whp. There's is obviously something wrong with those kits that his friends have. I'm not saying the greddy is the best kit but come on, you're gonna tell me that 180whp is normal for this kit. Forget about the racing and losing to this or that. 180whp on any turbo kit that is supposed to be running 8psi has a problem. If these people bought this kit and is only seeing 5psi, there is a problem. It has nothing to do with greddy not being tuned for high hp. Someone needs to complain to greddy if they have a 5psi spring in their wastegate cuz it should have come with a 8.5psi spring.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

^245whp off the stock tune is pretty sweet.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I'm talking about real live results that I have witnessed... IN PERSON. Seen 2 tC's with the Greddy Turbo kit installed, Dyno'd at around 180whp. No adjustment to the tune at all, right out of the box. Pressure was reading right around 5psi, right on the frikken dyno screen. And it wasnt a crap Dyno.

Well, in hat case then..........GReddy Officially SUCKS...
Old 04-10-2007, 03:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
I'm talking about real live results that I have witnessed... IN PERSON. Seen 2 tC's with the Greddy Turbo kit installed, Dyno'd at around 180whp. No adjustment to the tune at all, right out of the box. Pressure was reading right around 5psi, right on the frikken dyno screen. And it wasnt a crap Dyno.

all that isn't zpi SUCKS!

c'mon,you know that is what you meant so say!
Old 04-10-2007, 03:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by draxcaliber
I beat one of those tC's with the Greddy kit with my normally aspirated xA and 25 shot. That's no lie.
thats true, i met both blown_xa and the guy he beat. moral of the story is power is not substitution for weight.

Should have bought a ZPI kit.....
Old 04-10-2007, 03:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

245whp off some janked up version of the base map (titan tuned) after my midpipe. 235whp before the midpipe.

235-255whp is normal for the Greddy depending on tune and exhaust. There's got to be something wrong with those two kits. The wastegate actuator is known to get damaged in shipping. Normally the damage causes over boost but I guess in a way they must be lucky.

Oh yeah, Kenny from ZPI tuned a greddy to 285-290whp. Not sure what boost though. I would say 8psi but I can't really remember.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

all that isn't zpi SUCKS!

c'mon,you know that is what you meant so say!

LOL...hey now, I like the Intense Power kit. And Turbo Toyotas (if it was on a built motor that is).
Old 04-10-2007, 03:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I beat one of those tC's with the Greddy kit with my normally aspirated xA and 25 shot. That's no lie.
thats true, i met both blown_xa and the guy he beat. moral of the story is power is not substitution for weight.

I know I should of. :D
Old 04-10-2007, 03:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by etsnet
Oh yeah, Kenny from ZPI tuned a greddy to 285-290whp. Not sure what boost though. I would say 8psi but I can't really remember.

IF he did, I can rest assure you, it wasn't on 8 PSI.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Wasn't it you that Kenny is going to eventually square you away on? Didn't you go with Mike (Whocares) to the little tunning session, or was that another GReddy tC?
Old 04-10-2007, 03:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Wasn't it you that Kenny is going to eventually square you away on? Didn't you go with Mike (Whocares) to the little tunning session, or was that another GReddy tC?
Yep but I should have bought a ZPI kit in the first place.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Yep but I should have bought a ZPI kit in the first place.

Well, lets just say you got caught by the singing Banshee! (GReddy's manifold).
Old 04-10-2007, 04:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I got my Turbo tuned on a Dyno Dynamics dyno - it was reading 7psi spiked, 5.5psi steady. If they're only making 180 WHP, there's something wrong there.

My AUTO GReddy turboed tC is making 221WHP @ 6.5PSI. That's spiking to 9psi, then settling down to 6.5.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by krdshrk

I got my Turbo tuned on a Dyno Dynamics dyno - it was reading 7psi spiked, 5.5psi steady. If they're only making 180 WHP, there's something wrong there.

My AUTO GReddy turboed tC is making 221WHP @ 6.5PSI. That's spiking to 9psi, then settling down to 6.5.

Yeah, cause even a S/C'ed tC puts out more than 180whp.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

285 on a dyno dynamics or a dynojet??

I'm 1 of the 2 guys people are talking about. i had my kit installed last year April/May. The kit put out 240whp on a dynojet after the install.

I had it retuned with a much better tune at a different shop, and at 8.2psi on a dyno dynamics and it read 252.3whp. From my understanding, thats roughly 280-285 on a dynojet?

Nonetheless, I haven't had any problems with the greddy kit.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by tCrew_R

285 on a dyno dynamics or a dynojet??

I'm 1 of the 2 guys people are talking about. i had my kit installed last year April/May. The kit put out 240whp on a dynojet after the install.

I had it retuned with a much better tune at a different shop, and at 8.2psi on a dyno dynamics and it read 252.3whp. From my understanding, thats roughly 280-285 on a dynojet?

Nonetheless, I haven't had any problems with the greddy kit.

Sorry to call BS, but No GReddy kit I ever seen will put down 280+ on just 8lbs of boost. Not happening, Dyno Jet or not.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey Rhythm,

not trying to be a smart ****, but what is your car putting down at 9psi? I'm just curious.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

^ ive wanted to know that for a while now - just didnt ask

Quick Reply: Greddy Turbo Kit on my A/T Scion TC... i lost 2 a RalliArt