Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Greddy Turbo Kit on my A/T Scion TC... i lost 2 a RalliArt

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 07:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by jrodTc
hey Rhythm,

not trying to be a smart ****, but what is your car putting down at 9psi? I'm just curious.

It puts down....Evo and STI walking power...

Only did a dyno run 1 time and that was back on 7lbs of boost. Now, I use the Butt Dyno. Don't care what the #'s are as long as I win.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
hey Rhythm,

not trying to be a smart ****, but what is your car putting down at 9psi? I'm just curious.

Only did a dyno run 1 time and that was back on 7lbs of boost. Now, I use the Butt Dyno. Don't care what the #'s are as long as I win.
LOL, I hear ya. the butt dyno is ALL that really counts and the fact that ur whippin up on dem evo/sti boys! I'd still LOVe to see what the zpi kit puts out around 9psi. I'm guessing upwards of 290.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

hey Rhythm,

LOL, I hear ya. the butt dyno is ALL that really counts and the fact that ur whippin up on dem evo/sti boys! I'd still LOVe to see what the zpi kit puts out around 9psi. I'm guessing upwards of 290.

Mike (Whocares is the SN if you want to do a search) put down 295whp and 300(something)tq at 10.5 PSI.

There is also another vid if you do a search for "dyltone", which was a LONG time ago vid, he was putting down 290ish and 330wtq at 10.5 PSI. Different cars, different dynos, but it gives you a general idea of what to expect.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tCrew_R
Originally Posted by etsnet
Oh yeah, Kenny from ZPI tuned a greddy to 285-290whp. Not sure what boost though. I would say 8psi but I can't really remember.

IF he did, I can rest assure you, it wasn't on 8 PSI.
285 on a dyno dynamics or a dynojet??

I'm 1 of the 2 guys people are talking about. i had my kit installed last year April/May. The kit put out 240whp on a dynojet after the install.

I had it retuned with a much better tune at a different shop, and at 8.2psi on a dyno dynamics and it read 252.3whp. From my understanding, thats roughly 280-285 on a dynojet?

Nonetheless, I haven't had any problems with the greddy kit.

Sorry to call BS, but No GReddy kit I ever seen will put down 280+ on just 8lbs of boost. Not happening, Dyno Jet or not.
I understand what you're saying and I respect what you're saying. I really have no need to BS.
dyno dynamics 8.2psi = 252.3whp for me. I'll have to do a dynojet run with the way the car is setup now just to see the difference in numbers.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^Please do.

What other supporting mods do you have to go with the turbo?
Old 04-10-2007, 08:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^Please do.

everything listed in the profile.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh yeah, Kenny from ZPI tuned a greddy to 285-290whp. Not sure what boost though. I would say 8psi but I can't really remember.

I'm 1 of the 2 guys people are talking about. i had my kit installed last year April/May. The kit put out 240whp on a dynojet after the install.

I had it retuned with a much better tune at a different shop, and at 8.2psi on a dyno dynamics and it read 252.3whp. From my understanding, thats roughly 280-285 on a dynojet?

Sorry to call BS, but No GReddy kit I ever seen will put down 280+ on just 8lbs of boost. Not happening, Dyno Jet or not.
Well guess what, It did because I saw it, 2x. And not picking a fight here, but every ZPI kit i've come in contact with has had numerious problems, that quality if far from Greddy. Don't get me wrong, I like they guys at ZPI and I will go out there again for another shootout, but the product is not well engineered compared to Greddy or Turbonetics. <--- And that isn't just some off the wall opinion either, I seen it.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Every Turbo kit out there is capable of providing more HP than the stock tC motor can handle, just because the Greddy kit is tuned conservativly out of the box doesnt make it crap
Old 04-10-2007, 10:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^Please do.

Yea I'm thinkin like 284whp
Old 04-10-2007, 10:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I'm out of this. It could go back and forth all day long. Bottom line is those guys need to get their kits checked out.

BTW, I think rhythm was calling BS on the 280whp on 8psi not 180. Like I said don't recall what psi it was at. Either way I think 280whp on 8 or 10 for a greddy is good.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:56 PM

There seems to be a lot of misinformation pertaining to the GReddy turbo setup:

The GReddy kit uses an internal wastegate. So, for the person that mentioned switching out the spring. There is no spring. It uses an actuator. The best way to control the boost is with a good boost controller.

The GReddy kit come straight out of the box to run @ approximately 5 psi. producing roughly 175+ on the Dyno Dynamic dyno with ZERO calibration.

With the 440cc injectors that comes with the GReddy kit, you will max out the injector duty-cycle at around 8-8.5 psi. At this psi, it will produce 100+ whp (as advertised by GReddy). We have tuned most GReddy kit to produce up to 125-129 whp over stock.

The kit is capable of much more HP if you upgrade the injectors to 550cc or more. The GReddy kit, like most turbo kits on the market for the tC can produce way more power than the stock tC motor can handle.

Our dyno reading in comparison to most Dynojet in our area is about 12-15% lower reading. So @ 250 whp on our dyno is equivalent to 280+whp on the Dynojet.

Most people get too caught up with dyno numbers. They really don't mean much. 1/4 time and trap speed don't lie.

GReddy (GOOD): Tubular style manifold, 18G turbo.
GReddy (BAD): Internal wastegate, 440cc injectors, no pnp harness.

We have installed GReddy tubo kits, Turbonetics turbo kits. We have installed and tuned GReddy & ZPi kits. There are good and bad in all these kits. Again, all these turbo kits can produce more power than your stock tC motor can handle. You will blow your motor before you will utilize all the power from these turbo setup.

If you have further questions, please don't hesitate to call us. We would love to discuss any issues regarding the tC, turbo setup, motor built-out, etc.

Regards,
PTUNING
1-877-788-6464
PTUNING.COM
myspace.com/ptuning

Old 04-10-2007, 11:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^Please do.

Well, maybe the flywheel helped to create the extra #'s. Don't know.

Nice ride by the way.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by blown_xa

Well guess what, It did because I saw it, 2x. And not picking a fight here, but every ZPI kit i've come in contact with has had numerious problems, that quality if far from Greddy. Don't get me wrong, I like they guys at ZPI and I will go out there again for another shootout, but the product is not well engineered compared to Greddy or Turbonetics. <--- And that isn't just some off the wall opinion either, I seen it.

Are you serious! Dude, I haven't seen a single Turbonetics or GReddy tC break low 13's in the 1/4 and you want to talk to me about quality! I have no problem racing either of the two...that are SO UBER better than a ZPI kit. Not well engineered IS an opinion. Especially when I mop WRX's, STI's, Evo's and the like with my ZPI kit.

You barking up the wrong tree bro. I don't see GReddy or Tnetics being choose to appear on a televised tuner show while ZPI is dishin out the much needed Scion respect. So much for poor engineering huh?
Old 04-10-2007, 11:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Ptuningcom
The GReddy kit come straight out of the box to run @ approximately 5 psi. producing roughly 175+ on the Dyno Dynamic dyno with ZERO calibration.

With the 440cc injectors that comes with the GReddy kit, you will max out the injector duty-cycle at around 8-8.5 psi.

Out of the box I was spiking 7PSI and settling to 5.5PSI. Dynoed 200 WHP on a Dyno Dynamics right out of the box with the base map. Slight tuning got me to 210.

The 440cc injectors can handle more than 8.5PSI. Gizmo on here is running 10PSI (probably holding at about 9-9.5) with meth injection and they're not peaked.

The lack of a PNP harness can be remedied.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

With the 440cc injectors that comes with the GReddy kit, you will max out the injector duty-cycle at around 8-8.5 psi. At this psi, it will produce 100+ whp (as advertised by GReddy). We have tuned most GReddy kit to produce up to 125-129 whp over stock.

129 + 130 = 259whp. So, where does one pick up an extra 19whp at an ASTONISHING 8 PSI of boost, all the while...maxing out the injectors...

Most people get too caught up with dyno numbers. They really don't mean much. 1/4 time and trap speed don't lie.
AMEN to that...Seeing as how I have yet to see a GReddy or Tnetics kit faster than the ZPI ones in the 1/4 mile. Can someone prove me wrong, seeing as how the ZPI ones are sooo.....Not well engineered.

We have installed GReddy tubo kits, Turbonetics turbo kits. We have installed and tuned GReddy & ZPi kits. There are good and bad in all these kits. Again, all these turbo kits can produce more power than your stock tC motor can handle. You will blow your motor before you will utilize all the power from these turbo setup.
[/quote]

GReddy (BAD): Stuck closed internal WG....KABOOM engine!

And he says the ZPI kits are poorly engineered.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:50 PM
fox
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh yeah! Well, i can pee farther then you can...HA!
Old 04-10-2007, 11:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Well to the original poster, I live about 50 miles north if you in Coolidge. I am happy to check out your setup and look it over for any issues. Pm me if you want to bring it up.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Well explain to me how it's advertised as 8.5psi and I was pushing 8psi for the last 5months with no boost controller? Makes no sense to me. Before this post I've never heard anyone running lower than 8psi on a greddy except autos. I would really like to be informed a little better. Maybe I'll just have to call greddy. Maybe they sent me the special 8psi kit. Really, is there a way that my kit is at 8psi without a boost controller? It wasn't spiking either, it would be steady at 8psi.

As for the duty cycle of the injectors I'll agree that bigger could be used. I was at 90% duty cycle.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:01 AM

We post general information from our experience with the GReddy turbo kit for the tC. There are so many factors involved in the different psi reading, dyno number, etc. If you wish to discuss this in more technical terms, we encourage you to give us a call. We would be more than happy to discuss any issues or questions in detail.

The thread started out from a Scion owner who has problems with their kit, but like every other turbo tC threads, it always turn out to be "my turbo kit is better than your turbo kit". We do not want to hijack this thread from this person any further. Please accept our apologies.

So, please contact us if you wish to discuss any of these issues or questions.

Regards,
PTUNING
1-877-788-6464
www.ptuning.com
www.myspace.com/ptuning

Old 04-11-2007, 01:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

The thread started out from a Scion owner who has problems with their kit, but like every other turbo tC threads, it always turn out to be "my turbo kit is better than your turbo kit".
NO KIDDING!!! The Boost hits the blood and there is no telling what will happen next!!! Take cover!!

Quick Reply: Greddy Turbo Kit on my A/T Scion TC... i lost 2 a RalliArt