Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Greddy Turbo Kit on my A/T Scion TC... i lost 2 a RalliArt

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 02:06 AM
fox
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jwaggz82
Originally Posted by Ptuningcom
The thread started out from a Scion owner who has problems with their kit, but like every other turbo tC threads, it always turn out to be "my turbo kit is better than your turbo kit".
NO KIDDING!!! The Boost hits the blood and there is no telling what will happen next!!! Take cover!!
It's true! I made a comment about peeing farther than anyone and nobody challenged it! I guess i'm the undisputed king of a peeing contest! Sorry, had to bring a little comedic relief to this thread
Old 04-11-2007, 01:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I bet I can pee further than you, my ____ stream is reading like 30psi!!!
Old 04-11-2007, 01:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok that was stupid sorry
Old 04-11-2007, 01:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Originally Posted by blown_xa
Originally Posted by tCrew_R
Originally Posted by etsnet
Oh yeah, Kenny from ZPI tuned a greddy to 285-290whp. Not sure what boost though. I would say 8psi but I can't really remember.

IF he did, I can rest assure you, it wasn't on 8 PSI.
285 on a dyno dynamics or a dynojet??

I'm 1 of the 2 guys people are talking about. i had my kit installed last year April/May. The kit put out 240whp on a dynojet after the install.

I had it retuned with a much better tune at a different shop, and at 8.2psi on a dyno dynamics and it read 252.3whp. From my understanding, thats roughly 280-285 on a dynojet?

Nonetheless, I haven't had any problems with the greddy kit.

Sorry to call BS, but No GReddy kit I ever seen will put down 280+ on just 8lbs of boost. Not happening, Dyno Jet or not.
Well guess what, It did because I saw it, 2x. And not picking a fight here, but every ZPI kit i've come in contact with has had numerious problems, that quality if far from Greddy. Don't get me wrong, I like they guys at ZPI and I will go out there again for another shootout, but the product is not well engineered compared to Greddy or Turbonetics. <--- And that isn't just some off the wall opinion either, I seen it.

Are you serious! Dude, I haven't seen a single Turbonetics or GReddy tC break low 13's in the 1/4 and you want to talk to me about quality! I have no problem racing either of the two...that are SO UBER better than a ZPI kit. Not well engineered IS an opinion. Especially when I mop WRX's, STI's, Evo's and the like with my ZPI kit.

You barking up the wrong tree bro. I don't see GReddy or Tnetics being choose to appear on a televised tuner show while ZPI is dishin out the much needed Scion respect. So much for poor engineering huh?
Get your head outta your butt, who cares.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by tCrew_R
Originally Posted by etsnet
Oh yeah, Kenny from ZPI tuned a greddy to 285-290whp. Not sure what boost though. I would say 8psi but I can't really remember.

IF he did, I can rest assure you, it wasn't on 8 PSI.
285 on a dyno dynamics or a dynojet??

I'm 1 of the 2 guys people are talking about. i had my kit installed last year April/May. The kit put out 240whp on a dynojet after the install.

I had it retuned with a much better tune at a different shop, and at 8.2psi on a dyno dynamics and it read 252.3whp. From my understanding, thats roughly 280-285 on a dynojet?

Nonetheless, I haven't had any problems with the greddy kit.

Sorry to call BS, but No GReddy kit I ever seen will put down 280+ on just 8lbs of boost. Not happening, Dyno Jet or not.
Well guess what, It did because I saw it, 2x. And not picking a fight here, but every ZPI kit i've come in contact with has had numerious problems, that quality if far from Greddy. Don't get me wrong, I like they guys at ZPI and I will go out there again for another shootout, but the product is not well engineered compared to Greddy or Turbonetics. <--- And that isn't just some off the wall opinion either, I seen it.

Are you serious! Dude, I haven't seen a single Turbonetics or GReddy tC break low 13's in the 1/4 and you want to talk to me about quality! I have no problem racing either of the two...that are SO UBER better than a ZPI kit. Not well engineered IS an opinion. Especially when I mop WRX's, STI's, Evo's and the like with my ZPI kit.

You barking up the wrong tree bro. I don't see GReddy or Tnetics being choose to appear on a televised tuner show while ZPI is dishin out the much needed Scion respect. So much for poor engineering huh?
Get your head outta your butt, who cares.
Well, when you start talking out your azz....Somebody has to "check" ya..
Old 04-11-2007, 06:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

lets hear more about tc's and rallyarts ...come on guys
Old 04-11-2007, 06:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Ralliart....for those that couldn't afford Evo's.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How come nobody has mentioned anything on the dezod kits!! This whole greddy\ zpi argument got me dizzy. As far as I'm concerned no two cars are the same and no two kits are the same. And to lose to a ralliart lancer would be reason enough to go to another shop to diagnose ur set up... just my two cents.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How come nobody has mentioned anything on the dezod kits!! This whole greddy\ zpi argument got me dizzy. As far as I'm concerned no two cars are the same and no two kits are the same. And to lose to a ralliart lancer would be reason enough to go to another shop to diagnose ur set up... just my two cents.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 04-13-2007, 12:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 04-13-2007, 01:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

holy quad post
Old 04-13-2007, 02:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

boy, i remember the days on SL when someone ( he who shall remain nameless ) would turn every TC thread into a "Hondas are great/TC's suck" and we'd egg him on just for the fun of it. Guess there is always a chance of arguments on a site based on opinions & personal experiences.
The one thing i'm picking up on this is: while we only have an SC, and right now I will bow down to all the turbos out there--if there are stock/basic turbo kits that push only the same hp as an SC, why would anyone want that without any warranty ( yes i know sc's have had some issues; ours has been perfect ). I'd think the reason to turbo is to go all out and build a performance car.
And as many of these posts show how important the tuning is not only at set up but throughout ownership; that in itself would be a concern to someone like myself with limited "tuner car" knowledge and possible lack of solid shops close by to help maintain it.
Sorry, got off track a bit. But i'd agree that at anytime my car doesn't feel right ( any car ), and i couldn't resolve the issue--it would be right off to a shop before something catastrophic could occur. Cuz while the butt dyno doesn't tell numbers, it does say a lot about a car's overall performance/condition.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Basstrack17
The one thing i'm picking up on this is: while we only have an SC, and right now I will bow down to all the turbos out there--if there are stock/basic turbo kits that push only the same hp as an SC, why would anyone want that without any warranty ( yes i know sc's have had some issues; ours has been perfect ). I'd think the reason to turbo is to go all out and build a performance car.

Funny thing is, even the guys with S/C'er are trying to do the same exact thing you think the reason for having a turbo....."to go all out and build a performance car". But we all know that when trying to do that to a S/C'ed tC.....It's a long journey than it is with a turbo.

There are NO turbo setups out that push ONLY the same hp as a S/C'er. Maybe a S/C'er with oh lets say:

Upgraded pulley
Crank pulley
Header
Intake
Exhaust

THEN and only then does the S/C'er stack up to a basic turboed tC. Excluding the Automatics though. As an turbo auto tC probably would loose to a Manual S/C'ed tC with those bolt-ons listed. But if you changed the situation yet again, and put the S/C'er on the Auto tC....The ball falls back into the Auto Turbo tC's court.

I have always wondered why people that buy the S/C'er throw in the "It's warrantied" statement, and then turn around and seek more power by adding a pulley and ultimately voiding that very warranty. In that case they should have went Turboed then...
Old 04-14-2007, 05:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Some dealers know that when you change certain parts out - its not causing the parts to break. Because of this its covered under the warranty. Some dealers are horrible with customer service ...some know the facts.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

guess some of my turbo facts were incorrect; i thought i read that there were lower psi kits that ended up adding about the same real hp the sc did. my bad.
we went the sc route mainly to get some more ooomph, while keeping it under warranty the few years payments were being made. Once all is done, then we most likely will go out and play with it some more; or maybe leave as is and let the daughter take it ( sure beats seeing a honda in the driveway ). But as it is currently my wife's daily ride we didn't want to buy a new car and immediately dump any coverage we may need at some point.
On the other hand, seeing what you turbo guys are hitting......... i know what we will be missing.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

^ya - the hp in 3rd really adds to the performance of the car. 3rd gear w/ a NA tC .....the car takes a dump (#2).