Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Greddy Turbo Kit for tC out now

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 07:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

its cool mang....sorry if i came off like an A Hole

DO NOT CALL GREDDY EAST!!!!!!

they are freaking morons over there...ONLY call greddy in Cali.....
Old 04-07-2006, 07:17 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i should go visit the warehouse lol its like 10 min from me.
Old 04-07-2006, 07:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

hahahaha.....make sure u tell Danny that i said thanks for telling me the Turbo kit i got was fake, when it wasnt wtf?...lol

C
Old 04-07-2006, 07:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Greddys kit should be cheaper...the length of time a car has been around should not directly affect the price of a product, it should affect the availability of products FOR said vehicle....which is plentiful for the tC......
It has nothing to do with how long a car has been on the market, but the market itself.

How many tC's do you see on the streets? Not a whole lot. How many of the tC's target market is likely to turbo their car? Not a whole lot.

How many Civics? A veritable ____-ton. How many Civic owners are likely to turbo their car? A whole lot more than would with the tC.

That's what effects the price.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I disagree^ Most civic owners tend to do ricer mods mufflers, huge wings not turbos. Those who do go the turbo route (some of the ones I know) are very knowledgeble about turbos and modifying a car and have a civic as a project car. They dont buy greddy detuned street legal kits. They get custom kits to produce 250 hp.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's a numbers thing though.

A Civic is a lot more common, therefore Civic tuners are a lot more common.

A Scion tC is still relatively new and rare, so the number of people tuning them will be a lot lower than most other cars.

It's a safe bet that more kits for the Civic will sell than for a tC, purely based on the number of civic owners compared to the number of scion owners. Given that the difference of the numbers is fairly...obscene, it would justify a significant drop in price.

This doesn't include the amount of information available as to what works and what doesn't for each engine of either car. The Civic has existed for a lot longer, so the information is already there if you want to look for it. So R&D costs would be substantially lower for the Civic compared to the tC, which would also factor in to a lower final price.
Old 04-08-2006, 12:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

tC rare?

uh, you are aware they are about to surpass xB as teh top selling model of Scions correct?

and that would affect the price, but honestly , there are not THAT many turboed civics out there...doode, no offense AT ALL, i dont know about WA,but in Fl, there are SO many Scion tC's it makes me sick haha...seriously, i see them more than any other Scion....

Typhoon is right tho, noone i know w a turboes civic or honda, does it w out alot of research, and the majority of them piece together kits for themselves....they dont buy off the shelf..the ONLY reason i did, is cause mines my DD.....

to be honest, the greddy 19g kit that comes w injectors and e mange and such, is STILL 3000 dollars..w NO FMIC (i think on the FMIC) so to say that the price is affected THAT much by the numbers, i would say is incorrect....or at least not as much as you would think...a turbo kit is quite easy to put together...the hardest thing about it is the tuning....and each engine, even the same one w a diff manifold, will need a diff tune....

o well, Greddy STILL needs to drop the price of this kit....haha!
Old 04-09-2006, 06:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

has anyone bought this kit for their car?
Old 04-09-2006, 08:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

tC rare?

uh, you are aware they are about to surpass xB as teh top selling model of Scions correct?

and that would affect the price, but honestly , there are not THAT many turboed civics out there...doode, no offense AT ALL, i dont know about WA,but in Fl, there are SO many Scion tC's it makes me sick haha...seriously, i see them more than any other Scion....

Typhoon is right tho, noone i know w a turboes civic or honda, does it w out alot of research, and the majority of them piece together kits for themselves....they dont buy off the shelf..the ONLY reason i did, is cause mines my DD.....

to be honest, the greddy 19g kit that comes w injectors and e mange and such, is STILL 3000 dollars..w NO FMIC (i think on the FMIC) so to say that the price is affected THAT much by the numbers, i would say is incorrect....or at least not as much as you would think...a turbo kit is quite easy to put together...the hardest thing about it is the tuning....and each engine, even the same one w a diff manifold, will need a diff tune....

o well, Greddy STILL needs to drop the price of this kit....haha!
You misunderstand.

The Scion tC outselling the xB has nothing to do with it. The fact that there is 1 tC for at least every 10 or 12 civics has everything to do with it.

Think of it like this. (hypothetical)

There are 500 scion tC's in your community.

There are 10,000 civics in your community.

If half of each community were turbo'd and you're selling 5,000 turbo kits at what, 1300? versus 250 kits at 3-4k....

You see?

Even if the numbers are projected, the odds are well enough that you'll still sell more kits for a civic than you would a tc (especially in this case, considering the tC kit is more of a starter kit than an actual turbo setup)

and that, combined with the civic owner demographic, the total amount of pre-existing R&D that's available for them as opposed to the civic, and you have the grounds for a serious price difference.

that said, Sound Performance kicks the poonany out of Greddy's kit.
Old 04-11-2006, 02:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

anyone here anytjhign yet i need info befroe i purchase it.
Old 04-11-2006, 02:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

anyone here anytjhign yet i need info before i purchase it.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

Well if you "Google" "tC Greddy Turbo" you will get some info but its just whats been posted earlier. Pretty customizable kit and got a good price for the kit w/ 550 injectors, Emanage Ultimate, and a custom full 3 inch exhaust. Locally though...
Old 04-12-2006, 12:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I talked to Greddy about the kit.

You cant run it straight out of the box. They made the kit that way, so the end user has control of how they want it.

You can pick your own engine management/injectors and even a BOV. The turbo itself is good for up to 400hp.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^except there is a little work with tapping into your oil pan and getting the bov flange welded on plus tuning........
Old 04-12-2006, 11:10 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by tcholic
^except there is a little work with tapping into your oil pan and getting the bov flange welded on plus tuning........
for the oil pan doesnt someone offer a pretapped one i forgot where..
Old 04-13-2006, 12:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^hmm....that would be nice....anybody know the company who makes this?
Old 04-13-2006, 12:18 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

zpi makes it http://www.zeropointindustries.net/s...e65e9aa81b5a09[/url]
Old 04-13-2006, 12:28 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

ok and about the harness with the emange im guessing its not plug and play so would it be smart to buy the plug and play harness from dozed
Old 04-15-2006, 08:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by snipe99
thanks!