Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

greddy turbo kit or zpi stage 0 turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 08:19 PM
5 Year Member

Default greddy turbo kit or zpi stage 0 turbo?

since they're around the same price i was wondering what kit would be better ? liike dollar value and power they both put out.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:37 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

where are the greddy prices?? Did i miss something??
Old 04-26-2006, 10:39 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i think a little research would answer your question.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:10 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

greddy for sure
Old 04-26-2006, 11:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

Greddy's kit is not really "out-of-the-box" like ZPI's Stage 0 kit. For the Greddy you need a BOV, Engine Management and injectors (from what I understand). ZPI's is direct bolt-on and is upgradable through ZPI (has no intercooler). Either kit is pretty open to customizing so the choice is up to you.
Old 04-27-2006, 12:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Nu_ERA
Greddy's kit is not really "out-of-the-box" like ZPI's Stage 0 kit. For the Greddy you need a BOV, Engine Management and injectors (from what I understand). ZPI's is direct bolt-on and is upgradable through ZPI (has no intercooler). Either kit is pretty open to customizing so the choice is up to you.

The ZPI stage 0 does not come with a BOV, Injectors, or E-manage either.

At this point in time, I don't know all the small minute details of the Greddy kit (like piping size). But the differences between the two pretty much come down to the turbine itself.

GReedy = 18g

ZPI Stage 0 = 16g

It's a matter of choice, not of function or power. They are so "minutely" different that I would say the GReedy kit is basically a recreate of a ZPI Stage 0 (as they were the first with the kit).
Old 04-27-2006, 01:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The greddy kit actually comes with an intercooler and intercooler piping.
Old 04-27-2006, 01:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by OuterHeaven
The greddy kit actually comes with an intercooler and intercooler piping.

That's right, nevermind.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just price, go with GReddy, but not very many have it yet.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Neither, Sound performance kit is by far the best setup. Upgradablility is key and they have hit the nail on the head. Just my opinion. I was going to buy the ZPI kit but was drawn away from them for reasons that can be found in the forums. Greddy should have provided a complete kit and seems a little weak on their part to fully provide to the masses. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure both companies mean well, but did not win my satisfaction.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: greddy turbo kit or zpi stage 0 turbo?

Originally Posted by lilaznjdawg
since they're around the same price i was wondering what kit would be better ? liike dollar value and power they both put out.
which one is available and in stock!

mass produced from one mold or one-off parts?

you dont want to order something you have to keep on waiting.
Old 04-27-2006, 06:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: greddy turbo kit or zpi stage 0 turbo?

Originally Posted by tikbhoy
Originally Posted by lilaznjdawg
which one is available and in stock!

mass produced from one mold or one-off parts?

you dont want to order something you have to keep on waiting.
Exactly what I was thinking.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by deathbyc4
Neither, Sound performance kit is by far the best setup.
im pretty sure that kit is no where near the price of the greddy or zpi stage 0 kit......
Old 04-27-2006, 11:42 AM
5 Year Member

from what i've heard from the guys at Ptuning out here in VA, there was a lot of custom work and fabrication they had to do with the sound performance kit they bought and put on their project tC. they said there was a lot of stuff missing or just didn't fit right at all, almost like it was meant for another car
Old 04-27-2006, 12:05 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TheQuietThings
i think a little research would answer your question.
That was helpful
Old 04-27-2006, 12:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

The waiting for the ZPI kits is not ZPI's fault. It's hard to keep all your ducks in a row, when you have to rely on other manufactures. And incase you didn't know, ZPI kits are upgrade friendly as well.

GReedy kit looks sweet. So far, one guy has a thread started for his purchase of the GReedy kit. He hasn't recieved it yet, but if you want to wait till he has his installed, and see what troubles he goes through, that would be my advice, before making your decision.

Also, if you haven't noticed....EVERY SINGLE ONE of the turbo manufactures have their hiccups. Even Turbonetics has it's fair share of mishaps. So, there is NO ONE SINGLE company out there (even ones that are producing their kits from a mold, and stamp them out), that you are not going to run into AT LEAST One problem, be it with a CEL, Missing part, Wait for shipping, etc..
Old 04-27-2006, 12:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Neither, Sound performance kit is by far the best setup. Upgradablility is key and they have hit the nail on the head. Just my opinion. I was going to buy the ZPI kit but was drawn away from them for reasons that can be found in the forums. Greddy should have provided a complete kit and seems a little weak on their part to fully provide to the masses. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure both companies mean well, but did not win my satisfaction.
Actually, the Sound Performance kit is the least upgrade friendly. They are using an SAFC which even they admit, cannot handle any more power. Their next step is an AEM which is $2000.

I would say the most upgrade friendly would be Turbonetics because of the larger turbo and proper engine management that can handle timing and fueling control.
Old 04-27-2006, 01:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by tcengel
Actually, the Sound Performance kit is the least upgrade friendly. They are using an SAFC which even they admit, cannot handle any more power. Their next step is an AEM which is $2000.

I would say the most upgrade friendly would be Turbonetics because of the larger turbo and proper engine management that can handle timing and fueling control.

If I'm not mistaken, E-manage will handle timing and fueling contorl as well.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Originally Posted by tcengel

If I'm not mistaken, E-manage will handle timing and fueling contorl as well.
I think the E-manage ultimate does, but it does not come with any of the kits except maybe Dezod and the Greddy if you order it that way.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Thats a whole different game though isnt' it? One is pre-ECU, the other is post-ECU.. that was another big debockle.

Quick Reply: greddy turbo kit or zpi stage 0 turbo?