Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

greddy turbo kit or zpi stage 0 turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 04:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by tcengel
Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Originally Posted by tcengel
Originally Posted by deathbyc4
Neither, Sound performance kit is by far the best setup. Upgradablility is key and they have hit the nail on the head. Just my opinion. I was going to buy the ZPI kit but was drawn away from them for reasons that can be found in the forums. Greddy should have provided a complete kit and seems a little weak on their part to fully provide to the masses. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure both companies mean well, but did not win my satisfaction.
Actually, the Sound Performance kit is the least upgrade friendly. They are using an SAFC which even they admit, cannot handle any more power. Their next step is an AEM which is $2000.

I would say the most upgrade friendly would be Turbonetics because of the larger turbo and proper engine management that can handle timing and fueling control.

If I'm not mistaken, E-manage will handle timing and fueling contorl as well.
I think the E-manage ultimate does, but it does not come with any of the kits except maybe Dezod and the Greddy if you order it that way.

No, I was talking about the regular Blue box E-manage. It does timing as well as fuel.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Stu_Gotti
Thats a whole different game though isnt' it? One is pre-ECU, the other is post-ECU.. that was another big debockle.

True, but they both work.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Yeah, very true.
Old 04-27-2006, 06:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Neither, Sound performance kit is by far the best setup. Upgradablility is key and they have hit the nail on the head.
SP has the best upgradability?? No way man

http://dezod.com/pd_dezod_motorsports_stage.cfm

^ Dezod's S1 Kit is BY FAR the BEST kit to get if you want to do upgrades.
Scroll all the way to the bottom where you can choose your upgrades, you'll be surprised.
Old 04-27-2006, 06:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

It comes down to end-user opinions really..
Old 04-27-2006, 06:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Stu_Gotti
It comes down to end-user opinions really..
+1
Old 04-27-2006, 08:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this thread is really biased and sided with all the companies, it would be hard for me to decide if i were him because there are sooo many people saying different things about kits.....

Stu_Gotti wrote
"It comes down to end-user opinions really..."

^thats the answer
Old 04-28-2006, 01:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tcholic
this thread is really biased and sided with all the companies, it would be hard for me to decide if i were him because there are sooo many people saying different things about kits.....

Stu_Gotti wrote
"It comes down to end-user opinions really..."

^thats the answer
true that, of course the people who are sponsored with said companys will vouch for their own.

but my only opinion is that if a company do sell something, they should have it ready. waiting 2 weeks is fine. waiting months for a turbo kit when you paid last year is ridicolous.

i vote greddy kit.
Old 04-28-2006, 01:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tikbhoy

i vote greddy kit.
purchased mine, waiting for moine to come in =)
Old 04-28-2006, 03:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

How much did you pay for your Greddy kit?? Been getting $3595.00 quotes from around here in town and I can't get in touch with Greddy.
Old 04-28-2006, 03:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Look in the Sponsered sales part of the forum. $2700 shipped for the kit.

They also offer the engine management options really cheap too...
Old 04-28-2006, 04:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

Thanks Zero!
Old 04-28-2006, 06:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by zer0
Look in the Sponsered sales part of the forum. $2700 shipped for the kit.

They also offer the engine management options really cheap too...
yup!
Old 04-28-2006, 06:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I dunno.....

I would go with the ScionSpeed Stage III

Old 04-28-2006, 04:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The reason I bought the SP kit was the return fuel line addition. The SAFC is better for me right now because I'm not paying for a piggyback unit like the e-manage if I'm going to buy the AEM EMS when it comes out. And it has less wiring than the e-manage and others, so it's less damage to the harness since the EMS will be plug in and go. So in price you pay more, but you end up with less you have to buy and install in the long run. And I was told 3-4 weeks for the kit since they are now starting to build up an in-house stock of the kit. So, I'll stick with SP.
Old 04-28-2006, 05:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The reason I bought the SP kit was the return fuel line addition. The SAFC is better for me right now because I'm not paying for a piggyback unit like the e-manage if I'm going to buy the AEM EMS when it comes out. And it has less wiring than the e-manage and others, so it's less damage to the harness since the EMS will be plug in and go. So in price you pay more, but you end up with less you have to buy and install in the long run. And I was told 3-4 weeks for the kit since they are now starting to build up an in-house stock of the kit. So, I'll stick with SP.
Ok...

Why on earth would you do a return fuel line setup on a returnless vehicle?

If you do a return setup you are sending back HOT fuel back into your COOL gas tank and therefore doing damage to your fuel pump overtime. Fuel pumps do NOT like hot fuel, they will seize/burn out overtime.

A returnless fuel system is the BEST way to go especally if you are running a boosted aplication. If I were you, I would upgrade the fuel pump, get a new fuel pressure regulator, bigger injectors and call it a day

I'm not being a total A-Hole, I'm just giving you a heads up and some advice
Old 04-28-2006, 06:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well when it comes to boost I would think a return setup would be better because you can change the fuel pressure on the fly. With a return less setup the fuel pressure can not be changed while the engine is in operation because it would not be very reliable. When the boost gets very high (for a return less system) the difference in pressure between the intake manifold and the injector becomes less and therefore less fuel actually gets into the manifold, for any given duration it is open, and therefore you have to make your duty cycles even higher then they really need to be. Now if you increase the pressure of the return less system then at low load and idle it may be hard to control the injectors especially if they are bigger then stock. Now with the returned setup then you can change the fuel pressure based on any real number of variables. Now if you had a dedicated race car then maybe a return less system would be better but with a street car that has to run well in all kinds of loads (low and high) then it is probably a lot better to have the adjustable fuel pressure on the fly. So in reality for small boost either system will work but for any high powered street car then a return system is definitely better. This is how a 500 WHP Evo can be street able.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

woa woa woa, i thought the zpi stage 0 came with a bov?????
Old 04-28-2006, 11:36 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

The return set up is the way to go. Also with the retun less system the stock ecu can still control fuel pressure. When you run boost you want to be able to control the fuel pressure. Every high boost race car or street car I have ever seen runs a return set up... The reason why we can make the SAFC work in this car is part to the return system..
Old 04-29-2006, 04:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Parts_Pimp
Every high boost race car or street car I have ever seen runs a return set up... The reason why we can make the SAFC work in this car is part to the return system..
Every car that I have worked on back home we never did a return setup, we retained the returnless setup and never had a problem with the stock ecu controling the fuel pressure. Even on "high boost street cars".

Also with the retun less system the stock ecu can still control fuel pressure. When you run boost you want to be able to control the fuel pressure
Even if you run returnless, you can still pay for the top dollar E-Management or a simple reprogramming can be in order. When you do so, a SAFC would be a completely useless tool for your setup.

So in essence I still see no gain in doing a return fuel system on a turbo'd tC

The return set up is the way to go
Every tC owner that is boosted to my knowledge is still running a returnless setup and they are having no problems what so ever.

Soooooooo........ Can you provide and persuade me with some more information to why I should run RETURN over RETURNLESS?? Because from my past experiences and personal usage I have never ran a return setup

Quick Reply: greddy turbo kit or zpi stage 0 turbo?